PDA

View Full Version : Help Required...

5FDP
28th February 2010, 08:34 PM
Guys, I'm almost there completing my 1984 G1 Autobot cars collection. The only missing one is Bluestreak / Silverstreak.

Question - Is anyone willing to part with either a MISB Silverstreak Reissue or an MISB EHobby Anime Silverstreak (not the fugly chromed one)?

Your help would be greatly appreciated :)

5FDP
1st March 2010, 10:01 AM
OK... I've decided to sweeten the deal a little by offering some trade items as well (in exchange for Silverstreak).

Items listed below are for trade only. Does not have to be a 1:1 swap - both items can be negotiated for.

This offer is open to all forum members however you need to be above the age of 16.

MISB Universe - Special Edition Optimus Prime

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/in/medium/HAS16298.jpg

MISB Hasbro Reissue Astrotrain

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/reissue/Animeastro/USastroboxF.jpg

I may add more items later. If none of the items for trade interest you however you would like to sell me either a MISB Silverstreak Reissue or an MISB EHobby Anime Silverstreak, please post here or PM me. I am willing to offer a fair and decent price.

Thanks guys!

5FDP
8th March 2010, 11:03 AM
*Bump*

Anyone?

I would even appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction (online shop) for an Anime Silverstreak. I realise they are hard to come by.

1orion2many
8th March 2010, 01:58 PM
:confused:MISB what's that:confused: It's open sesame here:D Sorry I can't help, I'll see if I can source one for you:)

5FDP
8th March 2010, 05:04 PM
:confused:MISB what's that:confused: It's open sesame here:D Sorry I can't help, I'll see if I can source one for you:)

Thanks for offering to help 1orion2many :)

heroic_decepticon
8th March 2010, 06:44 PM
dude, I might be able to help. But its not going to be quick.

I have doubles and triples of most eHobby released stuff back in before 2005, but they are all in 'maximum security' storage back in Singapore and I have not seen the stuff in like 2 years.

If I do visit home, when work permits, I can rummage through. I am 100% certain I have the anime accurate Silverstreak MISB (just don't know how many). But like I said, its just not going to be quick, so by the time it happens, you're likely to have already acquired what you want.

GoktimusPrime
8th March 2010, 07:04 PM
Wasn't someone selling a boxed G1 Bluestreak at the Parramatta Fair?
What about eBay?

I'd recommend getting the Takara reissue over the Hasbro one though because aside from the chromeless missiles and newtered launchers, Silverstreak also suffers from the infamously cheap looking Hasbro Grey(TM). And yeah, the Takara has more showlike colours.

5FDP
9th March 2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the offer heroic_decepticon. That's very kind of you. If I do find one, I'll update this thread so you know and don't have to go to any trouble.

What about eBay?

I have been looking every day for the past couple of months. The last one that was listed was when I wasn't in a position to buy it. It sold for US$125. There are about 3 'chromed' Ehobby Silverstreaks available at the moment, however I am not really interested in variants.

I'd recommend getting the Takara reissue over the Hasbro one though because aside from the chromeless missiles and newtered launchers, Silverstreak also suffers from the infamously cheap looking Hasbro Grey(TM). And yeah, the Takara has more showlike colours.

Definitely. Originally I thought I'd settle for either the Hasbro reissue or the Takara (Anime) one just for the sake of finishing my 1984 Autobots, but I have since changed my mind. I am after the Ehobby one only mainly because it's more 'show accurate' and comes with chromed weapons unlike the Hasbro one.

heroic_decepticon
9th March 2010, 10:37 PM
Definitely. Originally I thought I'd settle for either the Hasbro reissue or the Takara (Anime) one just for the sake of finishing my 1984 Autobots, but I have since changed my mind. I am after the Ehobby one only mainly because it's more 'show accurate' and comes with chromed weapons unlike the Hasbro one.

Definitely the eHobby one. I sort of didn't bother about any of the Hasbro reissues (only got Grapple cos they repainted his eyes blue for the Hasbro release, heh).

kup
9th March 2010, 11:26 PM
dude, I might be able to help. But its not going to be quick.

I have doubles and triples of most eHobby released stuff back in before 2005, but they are all in 'maximum security' storage back in Singapore and I have not seen the stuff in like 2 years.

If I do visit home, when work permits, I can rummage through. I am 100% certain I have the anime accurate Silverstreak MISB (just don't know how many). But like I said, its just not going to be quick, so by the time it happens, you're likely to have already acquired what you want.

If one of those spares happen to be a Twincast, I would be very interested :)

5FDP
12th March 2010, 10:12 AM
Definitely the eHobby one. I sort of didn't bother about any of the Hasbro reissues (only got Grapple cos they repainted his eyes blue for the Hasbro release, heh).

Yeah, I didn't bother with most of the Hasbro reissues. Chrome-less weapons and missiles put me off a bit.

I do have Tracks (Hasbro reissue) cause there is no difference between that and the TFCC one or the original G1 release.

GoktimusPrime
13th March 2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah, some of the Hasbro reissues are okay -- pretty much the ones that didn't originally have chrome. :p But also the later ones where they decided to newter the launchers instead of making oversized missiles; a far nicer compromise. :)

I got Hasbro reissue Silverstreak, but I grabbed one spare chrome missile from my TFC Smokescreen and one spare chrome missile from my silver chromed e-Hobby Bluestreak.

There are about 3 'chromed' Ehobby Silverstreaks available at the moment, however I am not really interested in variants.
I have one, but I got it for free (I won it from e-Hobby as a draw prize when I purchased Megaplex!). These chromed variants are a neat novelty, but I wouldn't pay for one. Just out of curiosity how much are they going for atm?

Btw only Hasbro uses the name "Silverstreak." Takara has always called him "Bluestreak." Well, they call him "Streak" which was what Bluestreak was always called in Japan (like Optimus Prime = Convoy). So effectively the Japanese version's name translates as "Bluestreak." :) Although Silverstreak makes more sense when you think about it. :p DI-A-CLONNNNNNE! (http://diaclone.net/orid/dia042/zb04.jpg)

liegeprime
13th March 2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I didn't bother with most of the Hasbro reissues. Chrome-less weapons and missiles put me off a bit.

I do have Tracks (Hasbro reissue) cause there is no difference between that and the TFCC one or the original G1 release.

Just the missle launchers arent neutered in the original. The newer released ones have no spring in the launchers, but with the missles being so easily lost ( and puny) I too certainly dont mind.:D. Good luck with the search 5FDP, hope you complete them carbots soon:).

5FDP
13th March 2010, 01:02 PM
Just out of curiosity how much are they going for atm?

The average price seems to hover around the US$100 - 120 mark. You're lucky you scored one for free.

Good luck with the search 5FDP, hope you complete them carbots soon:).

Thanks liege :) I think I have located one but I won't know until Tuesday afternoon *fingers crossed*

5FDP
16th March 2010, 07:46 PM
Just to update, I have found and successfully won an EHobby Anime Bluestreak today. I paid waaaay too much for it, but considering it was my last '84 Autobot car, it somehow makes it worth it. I'll post pics when I receive it.

Thanks to all that offered to help :)

heroic_decepticon
16th March 2010, 11:17 PM
congrats!

5FDP
17th March 2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks heroic_decepticon :)

A day after winning the auction, I receive an email from the search alerts I setup in Ebay stating that a "Transformers e-Hobby Reissue Bluestreak Silverstreak 08 (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360243806844&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123)" for a BIN price of US $64.99 was just listed :eek::eek::eek:

This is less than a third of what I just paid for one :mad:

Almost ready to smash the carp out of my laptop, I looked into the auction. It is described as MIB however in C8 condition with "slight chrome wear" :confused::confused:

My anger has now subsided replaced with relief.

I got to unsubscribe from those email alerts...