PDA

View Full Version : Washing Powder?

blackoptimus
2nd March 2010, 12:18 AM
Hey guys, in the recent 2 days when I was trying to wash my cloths, I had alot of cloths in the washing machine and I put alot of powder in. It came out with a odd reeky stench. Is this cause of the overdose? Or what?

griffin
2nd March 2010, 01:44 AM
If you are following the directions on the box, the bad smell is usually from the clothes sitting in the washing machine for a few hours before they are put in a dryer or hung out to dry. The damp clothes will start to smell quite quickly if left in a confined space.

1AZRAEL1
2nd March 2010, 09:46 AM
Also if you overload the washing machine, they won't wash properly. I know from experience lol.

yukitora
11th April 2010, 09:51 AM
if you leave them in there for long times all the times they will come out with blackdots! and only a mould killer can get rid of it. how do i know? because it happens to me allllllll the time!:) and plus, humidity can make mould grow wether its wet or dry anyway! Anyhow, that smell is because the clothes are still yet. only the top layer drys. if you cant be assed getting them out, just flip the clothes upside down, so the wet ones end up on top, so they can dry out. i do this when i do a late night wash and have to run off somewhere in the morning. Just go flip them till your ready or have time to do the job properly!:cool:

liegeprime
11th April 2010, 09:58 AM
have time to do the job properly!

that kinda sums it all up :D;)

when you wash DONT leave em there long after , hang them dry in the sun.

Lint
11th April 2010, 10:12 AM
Hey guys, in the recent 2 days when I was trying to wash my cloths, I had alot of cloths in the washing machine and I put alot of powder in. It came out with a odd reeky stench. Is this cause of the overdose? Or what?

Too much powder means your clothes will not rinse properly during the rinse cycle which promotes growth of mold and that bad smell.

Too much powder can also block up your pipes. If the smell persists in the machine while it's empty you might have a blockage in the system. You can try to fix this by running the machine on empty with hot water and a few cups of vinegar. Also check in the lint trap :p or filter is blocked up with bits.

Mr Ed
11th April 2010, 07:25 PM
You can try to fix this by running the machine on empty with hot water and a few cups of vinegar. Also check in the lint trap :p or filter is blocked up with bits.

Yes I had that issues years ago too. Yuck...