PDA

View Full Version : Possible Spoiler news for Transformers 3

1AZRAEL1
2nd March 2010, 12:12 PM
Read on if you dare :p

A few excerpts from Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner

"You’re going to see that great core mythology brought to the fore, and Michael is hard at work at making this a reality and we’re very excited about it,"

"What we’re really doing is getting back to some of the core character development and storytelling. And I think there’s some elements of the core story that the filmmakers, Michael in particular wanted to tell,"

Read more here at MTV Movies Blog (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/03/01/exclusive-transformers-3-bringing-back-core-mythology-with-shia-labeouf-and-megan-fox/)

What could this mean hmmmm?

1orion2many
2nd March 2010, 12:41 PM
:rolleyes:Not a lot when talking about Michael Bay being involved:D

Paulbot
2nd March 2010, 12:53 PM
What I hope it means it a focus on energon. It's such as an important part of the mythos and the first movie didn't mention it at all. The second did (the purpose of the harverster, the Decepticon protoforms etc) but we still haven't seen the Movie-verse Transformers refuel.

I hope it doesn't mean U know who. With the horns. I've already seen that movie (like a hundred times!) :)

5FDP
2nd March 2010, 12:57 PM
Hasbro are clearly in damage control since the last two movies and want so desperately to get back to the core mythology of the franchise.

What will be interesting though is that if they (Hasbro) intend to put their stamp on the movie and not let Bay take it where he wants it to go, it could end up very messy indeed.

Somehow I can't imagine Bay folding under the demands of Hasbro and we could have what the majority of people want - Bay walks off the movie opening it up for a new director.

Just remember; you heard it here first ;)

kup
2nd March 2010, 01:21 PM
Focus on story and characters? I'll believe that when I see it.

When it comes to Bay being "really well-versed in the Transformers lore" - We all know that's BS unless they mean 'His lore'.

1AZRAEL1
2nd March 2010, 02:01 PM
I for one will remain open-minded with this news. We all may me pleasantly suprised.

griffin
2nd March 2010, 03:33 PM
Bay has the only credentials Paramount and Hasbro care about - highest grossing movie in America in 2009, highest earning Director for 2009, and the catalyst for some of the best sales figures for a toyline which kept Hasbro in the black, despite the recession last year.
TF2's profit success confirmed his position as the one person who tells all the others what to do...
Like it or not, no one at Hasbro or Paramount could now be able to go up against him and keep their job. All they can do now is suck up to him, make suggestions, and hope he keeps making them (Paramount and Hasbro) the many millions of dollars he's made for them in the past.

SMHFConvoy
2nd March 2010, 03:52 PM
Possible spoiler:

It'll probably suck.

Once it's read it can never be unread!

Prime_217
2nd March 2010, 10:09 PM
okay i dont understand the whole hate thing everyone has with bay, in my mind tf07 was a really great movie- its what started me collecting, but yes the second did let the franchise down a bit, but really. if you dont like the movies, just dont go see them, its a s simple as that. if you want to have a completely authentic and perfect transformers movie maybe you should find 150 million and make it yourself.

Gutsman Heavy
3rd March 2010, 12:58 AM
bay is like Ed Wood without the passion.

1AZRAEL1
3rd March 2010, 08:39 AM
okay i dont understand the whole hate thing everyone has with bay, in my mind tf07 was a really great movie- its what started me collecting, but yes the second did let the franchise down a bit, but really. if you dont like the movies, just dont go see them, its a s simple as that. if you want to have a completely authentic and perfect transformers movie maybe you should find 150 million and make it yourself.

I'm with you on that. I do grow tired of everyone bagging it. Unfortunately those that don't like it will still whinge about it (and will all go and see it the day it comes out). Nothing can change there minds.

1AZRAEL1
3rd March 2010, 09:19 AM
Another little snippit from SciFiWire (http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/transformers-3s-optimus-b.php)

"Our two lead characters, Optimus and Bumblebee, needed to be updated for the next chapter in the Transformers series," said animation supervisor Scott Benza in an exclusive interview Sunday at the Visual Effects Society Awards in Century City, Calif., where he and visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar were nominees. "Bumblebee's matured a little bit, so I would just say look for subtle changes to his physique that have him look more mature."

All taken with a grain of salt, but I am still excited for the next movie.

5FDP
3rd March 2010, 10:54 AM
Ahhhh... so Goldbug and Powermaster Prime is making an appearance...

kup
3rd March 2010, 12:06 PM
I'm with you on that. I do grow tired of everyone bagging it. Unfortunately those that don't like it will still whinge about it (and will all go and see it the day it comes out). Nothing can change there minds.

I have to disagree there. Many people liked the first movie but disliked ROTF despite being enthusiastic before watching it.

1AZRAEL1
3rd March 2010, 12:28 PM
I have to disagree there. Many people liked the first movie but disliked ROTF despite being enthusiastic before watching it.

Maybe they hyped it too much for themselves and got dissapointed, it happens. But whatever the reason may be, you can't just judge the next movie to be bad just because the last one was.

Each to there own opinion true, but people seem to say this next one is going to be crap even before it comes out.

That being said, even if the next one does turn out to be crap, everyone who said ROTF was crap will still go see it and it will still make enough money for them to want to make another one.

Robzy
3rd March 2010, 12:40 PM
bay is like Ed Wood without the passion. QFT - he also has a budget (sadly)!

I do grow tired of everyone bagging it. Unfortunately those that don't like it will still whinge about it (and will all go and see it the day it comes out). Nothing can change there minds. Not true... I, for one, was super excited about ROTF and was disgusted when I left the cinema! I consider it to be one of the worst movies ever made.

I didn't even know who Bay was when he was announced as director of the 1st movie, so I had no pre-determined opinions. I really didn't like TF1 much, but at least it had a few interesting moments and a (wait for it) plot! ROTF is a joke IMO! Bay doesn't care about Transformers, he cares about hot chicks and fast cars and fart jokes. He also seems to wear his "Worst Director Ever" title as a badge, as if to say, "Yeah I'm shit, but look how successful I am, you morons!".

Seriously, right now I have 0 interest in TF3. I'm sure some people don't believe that, but it's true! ROTF made me go right off TFs in 2009 and I'm only just (mildly) starting to regain some interest again. I fear watching another Bay Robots-with-testicles film will tip me over the edge and make me denounce the whole franchise! I still don't own ROTF on DVD and never will!

if you dont like the movies, just dont go see them, its a s simple as that. Not really... You can't review a film, or even complain that a film is bad if you haven't seen it, can you??! Personally, I haven't bagged TF3, I've just expressed disinterest based on the previous installments. I have, however, and will continue to bag ROTF because it's a terrible film IMO!

The flip side of this whole argument, I guess, is that I grow tired of people defending Bay's ROTF because they love Transformers and will, in an act of loyalty towards the franchise, try their hardest to find positives from a disaster. I don't have a problem if people like ROTF, but I'm still allowed to not like it.

I have to disagree there. Many people liked the first movie but disliked ROTF despite being enthusiastic before watching it.Agreed... I'm one of those whingers!

1AZRAEL1
3rd March 2010, 12:48 PM
The flip side of this whole argument, I guess, is that I grow tired of people defending Bay's ROTF because they love Transformers and will, in an act of loyalty towards the franchise, try their hardest to find positives from a disaster. I don't have a problem if people like ROTF, but I'm still allowed to not like it.

I'll defend it to the hilt :D haha. But seriously, I thought it was a good movie, not because I love Transformers, but because I liked the movie itself. I thought there was a plot, but others seem to think not, but meh. Just my opinion.

Besides, this is a thread about TF3, not ROTF :p so we will leave ROTF out of it :rolleyes:

5FDP
3rd March 2010, 12:48 PM
Sequels are for the most part, a bit of a let-down when compared to the first movie.

For me, Temple of Doom was very sub-par when compared to Raiders of the Lost Ark, however I consider The Last Crusade to be the best in the series (yes; I don't count 'Crystal Skull' or acknowledge it's existence).

Robzy
3rd March 2010, 12:56 PM
Besides, this is a thread about TF3, not ROTF :p so we will leave ROTF out of it :rolleyes:I think it was originally brought up as a reason why people are dubious about Bay's "intentions" for TF3. So I guess it is somewhat warranted after all! ;)

Sequels are for the most part, a bit of a let-down when compared to the first movie. True, but with notable exceptions... Godfather Part 2, Aliens, Terminator 2, Empire Strikes Back, Dark Knight.

1AZRAEL1
3rd March 2010, 01:04 PM
Sequels are for the most part, a bit of a let-down when compared to the first movie.

For me, Temple of Doom was very sub-par when compared to Raiders of the Lost Ark, however I consider The Last Crusade to be the best in the series (yes; I don't count 'Crystal Skull' or acknowledge it's existence).

As Robzy said, there are alot of movies that the sequal turns out just as good, if not better, than the first one.

Not to derail the thread a bit, you are not going to acknowledge Indiana 5? :p

5FDP
3rd March 2010, 01:30 PM
Not to derail the thread a bit, you are not going to acknowledge Indiana 5? :p

Nope ;) They're trilogies man and they should be left the <insert expletive> alone.

SMHFConvoy
3rd March 2010, 08:30 PM

I liked TF07 and I actually looked forward to ROTF but it's end result was a terrible film that really should've been shelved.

loophole
3rd March 2010, 09:35 PM
i'll be seeing it on opening night although this time im not going to be fussed about seeing spoilers beforehand like i did with ROTF