PDA

View Full Version : Can you name the Regular Generation One Transformers?

rampagesss
3rd March 2010, 02:27 PM
You have 20min to name as many character as you can.
http://www.sporcle.com/games/MRL/g1_transformers

I got 107

dirge
3rd March 2010, 03:43 PM
120, but I took about 9 mins - got interrupted.

loophole
3rd March 2010, 03:54 PM
that was fun i got 106 and then my mind went blank in the last 5 mins aaaaaargh!!!

Sky Shadow
3rd March 2010, 03:58 PM
Aarrgh - I got 149 then ran out of time. It's funny how the brain works - most of the most 'geewun' characters came to my head - I nailed all of 1984, for example. But for 1985 time ran out before I remembered Dirge, Jetfire, Ramjet, Roadbuster and Thrust. And yet I remembered characters like Vroom who've never really done anything. :) Fun game!

dirge
3rd March 2010, 04:21 PM
I didn't remember Dirge. And yet I remembered characters like Lugnut who've never really done anything. :) Fun game!

You're off my Hannukah card list!

Skullcruncher
3rd March 2010, 04:29 PM
124 - missed a few minibots I should have got - cosmos and beachcomber also missed trailbreaker and skids from series 1/2

kup
3rd March 2010, 04:57 PM
139 - After I was done I was surprised on the stuff that I missed such as Wheeljack, Mirage, Blitzwing and Astrotrain.

The toys that I remembered quickly where pretty evenly spread out through 1984-89. Too bad that there isn't a 1990 as I kept remembering Micromasters and Action master names. I noticed that most of the toys I got first were recent acquisitions or toys/characters that I recently played with or thought about.

At 30 seconds to go, I had a complete mental block.

optimus1
3rd March 2010, 05:24 PM
I got 119 - including interruptions while at work :p

Paulbot
3rd March 2010, 05:30 PM
That was a lot of fun. I got 194, but those darn Monsterbots tripped me up! :)

That's what happens when you spend your childhood making list after list of Transformers...

Oilspill
3rd March 2010, 06:22 PM
126 happy with that effort but if only there was more time! Never got as far as the pretenders and powermasters.

Made me realise I didn't know half of the Deluxe Insecticons though.

rampagesss
3rd March 2010, 07:30 PM

That's what happens when you spend your childhood making list after list of Transformers...

:eek:wow thats pritty impressive

Ive done it twice now and both times i have forgotten the same characters like gears and sky linx :o

Cmdr Prime
3rd March 2010, 08:19 PM
I took the same test over on TFW 2005 and I got 130 and I too forgot about those monter bots

Cmdr Prime
3rd March 2010, 08:20 PM
I took the same test over on TFW and I got 130. I too missed those monster bots :D

GoktimusPrime
3rd March 2010, 09:38 PM
I got all with 2 minutes and 15 seconds to spare. Not bad considering that I'm totally exhausted after working overtime tonight.

zzzZZZzzZzzzz

Hammerstorm
3rd March 2010, 10:54 PM
116 - not only was i surprised at how many came back to memory so fast, i was surprised how many characters it would not accept. funny though :D it was only within the last 30 seconds i was like oh @#$% OP and Megs :p

Hammerstorm
3rd March 2010, 10:56 PM
PS. apparently eating bananas at night induces nightmares!;)

Tabias Prime
3rd March 2010, 11:09 PM
116 - not only was i surprised at how many came back to memory so fast, i was surprised how many characters it would not accept. funny though :D it was only within the last 30 seconds i was like oh @#$% OP and Megs :p

I only go 79.....:mad::mad::mad: mosty 84, 85 and some 86.I dont have the best memory so it was a bit hard, i had the same problem with it not loading some names but they came up once i finished.

Firestorm
3rd March 2010, 11:17 PM
I only got 77, which considering i wasnt even born when this stuff came out i find to be an ok result but i did miss some obvious ones like mirage hound and ratbat

kup
3rd March 2010, 11:25 PM
It's good mental and pressure management exercise. Several of us already know all their names - the trick is to prevent 'the mental block' before the time runs out.

Like we all know who Mirage is but for some reason several of us kept missing him :)

heroic_decepticon
3rd March 2010, 11:33 PM

got 194 too.

I got a mental block trying to think of 'Sparkstalker'... damn.

Missed these:

Inferno (damn!)
Swerve (kept spelling wrongly)
Rodimus Prime (idiot)
Wreck-Gar (what!)
Sparkstalker
Weirdwolf

Try this one... really cracked me up (got answers in 3 minutes): The Impossible Quiz (http://www.sporcle.com/games/rockgolf/impossible)

jgon2098
4th March 2010, 12:12 AM
got 194 too.

Weirdwolf

LMAO, I kept typing wierdwolf.

Epic game. Reminded me of highschool/uni exams where you know you've studied something, its in the back of your head, under time pressure, but you just can't get it.

heroic_decepticon
4th March 2010, 12:40 AM
LMAO, I kept typing wierdwolf.

Epic game. Reminded me of highschool/uni exams where you know you've studied something, its in the back of your head, under time pressure, but you just can't get it.

Hahaha... same here. I kept typing Swerve wrong. Embarrassing to say the least.

I think most people would appreciate this one too: Heroes Logos (http://www.sporcle.com/games/herologo.php).

liegeprime
4th March 2010, 12:46 AM
Whew! I got 193, ran out of time and kept thinking, I missed out on.... all pretenders - octopunch, thunderwing, doubleheader, longtooth, Skyhammer, pincher roadblock. I went thru it by groups, as soon as I noticed that they lumped the combiners as one entry I entered it all immediately before I forget hahaha but yeah ran out of time with those pretenders gaaaah!:D

very fun game!:):D

griffin
4th March 2010, 01:37 AM
'Only' got 177 - darn pretenders... missed some of the earlier obvious ones too.
It was a bit of a cheat having that table there to give hints on what was missing, by their type and being in alphabetical order.

Fun game. I kept trying to visualise the catalogues and my display shelf...
Lucky it didn't include the Micromasters - I would have been in real trouble then.

Paulbot
4th March 2010, 09:09 AM
I was visualising the catalogues and the Transformers Universe comic.

I was thrown at first that you could only enter one name per combiner team and one name per cassette pair until I started paying attention to the list below.

The ones I missed where:
Grotusque (couldn't spell it right under pressure)
Doublecross (Remembered the Double bit, not the Cross bit)
Repugnus (complete mental blank)
Downshift (I could picture him but couldn't get his name)
Bugly (Forgot all about)
Ultra Magnus (Don't know how I forgot all about him)

dirge
4th March 2010, 10:58 AM
I did it again when I got home, ended up getting 200, but almost forgot Sky Lynx at the end when I was stuck on 199...

Bartrim
4th March 2010, 12:32 PM
I

I got 150.Would of got a few more but I ran out of time as I spent about 3 minutes with this problem. Never would of got a full 200 as I don't have enough pretender knowledge

Oh and I forgot Mirage:o

GoktimusPrime
4th March 2010, 12:54 PM
I started off typing in random G1 names - any that popped in my head, but soon realised that this was time-wasting and counter productive when I scrolled down and looked at the hint table and realised that it's only earlier G1. I wasted a lot of time punching names of later G1 characters like Ironfist, Treadshot, Krok etc.!

It's a fun game - I'd like to try it again and see if I can get a better time. :)

griffin
4th March 2010, 03:05 PM
I was visualising the catalogues and the Transformers Universe comic.

I was thrown at first that you could only enter one name per combiner team and one name per cassette pair until I started paying attention to the list below.

For me it was worth reading the first comment posted (as it recommended in the instructions), as it details what years are covered, and how it condensed it to just have multi-packs listed. Didn't help get me a perfect score though... :o

heroic_decepticon
4th March 2010, 03:12 PM
The ones I missed where:

I had trouble with that too. Spent some time figuring various spelling variations!

SOUNDBLASTER
8th March 2010, 12:29 AM
I got 138.... Not too bad i reckon... :D

Seraphim Prime
9th March 2010, 01:36 AM
I only got about 116. Althought as I never grew up with G1 I never really knew anything post S3.

So, not to shabby...

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2010, 11:49 AM
I played this game again on the weekend and clocked it with 7 minutes and 2 seconds to spare. I wanted to see if I could beat my previous time cos the first time I played I was distracted, and also confused because I didn't notice that it only covered a specific portion until a few minutes in. But even the second time I kept on punching in names that aren't on the list, like I'd see "Mail Away" and punch in "Time Warrior" and "Powerdasher" -- also forgotten that it doesn't include Micromasters so I wasted some time trying to punch in names like Barricade, Highjump etc.

I love how this game makes you race against the clock as it discourages people from 'cheating' by looking things up. :) Makes my heart race. yeah I know how sad that sounds :p