Jebus Griff...

i_amtrunks
13th March 2008, 03:25 PM
Dear god that thing is a monstrosity!

I sure hope the scales were clean as well! :p

Saintly
13th March 2008, 04:30 PM
that's just plain sick, griffin! :P

but then if you're game... we can go hunt down the next biggest burger in cincinnati :D

llamatron
13th March 2008, 05:25 PM
Dang that is awesome.

Thanatos
13th March 2008, 05:27 PM
Top work Griff, absolutely inspirational.

I would love to partake in eating the next one :P

MV75
13th March 2008, 05:49 PM
Yep, you proved it was possible to make the weight, but what was it like? Too "mincey" ?

I totally reckon even 1/4 of that meat amount would be perfect for the size.

And yea, add a dozen poached eggs and a can of beetroot to it next time. :)
________
HARLEY-DAVIDSON MODEL 7 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Harley-Davidson_Model_7)

shole
13th March 2008, 05:55 PM
wow
not sure whether I'm impressed or digusted

Pulse
13th March 2008, 06:28 PM
I'm speechless.

If there was a face icon with his lower jaw hitting the floor, I'd be using that icon right about now.

1orion2many
13th March 2008, 06:37 PM
:)I know I could never eat that as it would ruin my girlish figure:p:D.

Sam
13th March 2008, 06:57 PM
That ain't a burger, that's a beef cake.

dirge
13th March 2008, 07:17 PM
I'll take seven, please...

Bartrim
13th March 2008, 07:22 PM
My brother showed me this. I present to you... The Double Pounder!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDJpg2eW4o

Borgeman
13th March 2008, 07:28 PM
yep, note how qtr pounder is one patty...

roller
13th March 2008, 07:29 PM
Griff when i come up for a visit you MUST make me one

autobreadticon
13th March 2008, 09:34 PM
hmm a wheelburrow of fries and a drum of coke to go, or do you want to upsize that sir for another $2

Kyle
13th March 2008, 10:25 PM
Did it taste good at all? :eek:

iceburn
13th March 2008, 10:42 PM
you're one MAD MAN!!!! someone bring in the dogs

Kyle
13th March 2008, 11:04 PM
I'm also impressed with the 15 burgers under 4 hours...

Robzy
14th March 2008, 12:16 AM
Dear Lord... :eek:

I can't wait to see the "double" version...

STL
14th March 2008, 02:32 AM
Everyone seems impressed... I'm just terrified

Tiby
14th March 2008, 08:08 AM
I'm praying this doesn't become the Griffin Quad-Stacker Heart-Stopper...

griffin
14th March 2008, 01:44 PM
I'm praying this doesn't become the Griffin Quad-Stacker Heart-Stopper...

And if it was, there'd be more concern over what happens to my collection than over me... :p

This is just a little project on the side, so I'll probably do a couple and get over it. I don't have the resources to do anything bigger than the 5kg size, so it won't take long to get bored with ideas. I plan to do one mid next week, for some people at work, and it will be based on a HJ Bacon Deluxe burger.

roller
14th March 2008, 02:38 PM
ooooh i work at Hungrys

springah
14th March 2008, 02:51 PM
Dude, FREAKING awesome!

dirge
15th March 2008, 11:37 AM
Next Brisbane meet, we know how's doing the catering (:

Soundwarp
16th March 2008, 08:15 AM
Dude you did it wothout me?????

I could have helped....

Atleast in the eating of it LOL!

Soundwarp
16th March 2008, 08:16 AM
And if it was, there'd be more concern over what happens to my collection than over me... :p

No concern at all, i get it because i can get there the fastest and i'm the biggest :p

turtle boy
16th March 2008, 01:47 PM
Well. Normaly, I can eat 8 quater pounders from Maccas in one lunch time, half hour/45 mins, But Griff, I bow to you. also, how was that mince? It didn't look very cooked in the middle.

griffin
16th March 2008, 04:01 PM
It was cooked right through, and wasn't burnt on the outside either. I managed to slow cook it just right, like a meatloaf (which is basically what it was).

griffin
23rd March 2008, 11:43 PM
Part 2 of the Giant Burger Project has now been done and documented.
http://www.otca.com.au/burger.html
This one is more edible, but wasn't as much fun as the first one. If I can't work out a way to do a larger sized burger, I will only be doing 1 or 2 more of this size, and that should be it.
This is more than just making burgers, it has been a means to prove that you can take an idea, no matter how crazy, and work at it until you can make it a reality.

iceburn
23rd March 2008, 11:53 PM
this is getting hilarious
griffin...can we also have the picture of you with a Before and After shot of you (and maybe your tummy)
just making sure we will recognise you in future

turtle boy
24th March 2008, 08:42 AM
Gah, you will get tired carrying this to work. awesome job bud.

Saintly
25th March 2008, 01:24 PM
that looks sickening! I could feel the fat clogging up inside me!

Jimreborn
25th March 2008, 02:12 PM
Many a beer was had at a BBQ yesterday, and being my birthday, I had the front and put my money where my mouth was...

Not less then 16 hours ago I consumed at Double Pounder in not less then 36 minutes. The congealed fat was all over my hands, the tray, and everywhere else. Half the people in Macca's we're watching, as my mates counted down the last few bites. I still feel disgraceful... No one had backed me to do it.

But I got the burger paid for and a case of Crownies for my efforts. I know there's phone footage and pictures around, I will try and get a hold...

Not long ago.. I just gave birth to a healthy baby brown boy. Today all I have had is juice and bread, and fruit. I think they said it was equivalent to 3/5 days worth of RDI fat.

I can taste it on the roof of my mouth and in my throat still. I don't think I will be having Maccas again for a looooong time.

Bartrim
25th March 2008, 03:33 PM
Many a beer was had at a BBQ yesterday, and being my birthday, I had the front and put my money where my mouth was...

Not less then 16 hours ago I consumed at Double Pounder in not less then 36 minutes. The congealed fat was all over my hands, the tray, and everywhere else. Half the people in Macca's we're watching, as my mates counted down the last few bites. I still feel disgraceful... No one had backed me to do it.

But I got the burger paid for and a case of Crownies for my efforts. I know there's phone footage and pictures around, I will try and get a hold...

Not long ago.. I just gave birth to a healthy baby brown boy. Today all I have had is juice and bread, and fruit. I think they said it was equivalent to 3/5 days worth of RDI fat.

I can taste it on the roof of my mouth and in my throat still. I don't think I will be having Maccas again for a looooong time.

LOL Good job Jim my boy

Thanatos
25th March 2008, 04:56 PM
Worth it for the crownies.

Pulse
25th March 2008, 08:17 PM

ROFL!!! :D

That must of been one tough delivery...

STL
21st May 2008, 10:00 AM
I think Griff needs to try this:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/bgilty-pleasureb-showoffs-pay-180-for-goldflecked-burger/2008/05/21/1211182835671.html

Robzy
21st May 2008, 10:50 AM
$180???? :eek::eek:

MV75
21st May 2008, 10:56 AM
Ha ha, look beyond the disgusting gravy mess on the plate. How pov is that place? :D
________
Mexico Hotels (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

sifun
21st May 2008, 12:10 PM
do you want to die of heart disease?
I call dibs on griffin's collection of tfs

griffin
21st May 2008, 01:27 PM
I'd heard about that NY burger some time ago, with all the expensive trimmings. I should make a note of it though for the next time I'm in NY - to check out. And maybe try out if I have the spare change...

1orion2many
21st May 2008, 02:02 PM
:)It would be cheaper and smarter just to buy some gold glitter from the craft shop and sprinkle that on your burger Griffin but I don't know what it would do to your health:D.

griffin
21st May 2008, 02:20 PM
Yeah I've never been one who's thought it is a good idea putting heavy metals (gold) onto (luxury) food items.
We know what lead does to you.

griffin
22nd May 2008, 01:25 PM
THis was the place I was told about in LA, but was prevented from trying it out due to money troubles while over there - In and Out Burger. I think I would have had a lot of fun there...
http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/article.php/20080422-In-n-Out_Secret_Menu
Definitely going there next time. :)

That's an article from a website that features oversized food items. It is amusing to see large food items, but it is a bit disturbing seeing people over-eating just to break records.
http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/

Not sure how they found out about my burger project, but they want to include it on their page. Now I'll definitely have to make the third one...

Pulse
22nd May 2008, 03:24 PM
Not sure how they found out about my burger project, but they want to include it on their page. Now I'll definitely have to make the third one...

You've become World Famous! Yay! (not for your TFs but for your burger escapades :D)

Can't wait for Burger No. 3 :)