PDA

View Full Version : G2 green tank Megatron?

langzixinxin
5th March 2010, 11:50 AM
Hi,

Could anyone share some pros and cons for this figure? The huge green tank G2 megatron?

I am not sure if I should collect it. :p

Paulbot
5th March 2010, 11:55 AM
Pros: It's a great figure. Lots of fun to transform. The firing weapon gimmick is well done (I like the way the sounds work with it). One of the first(?) to have hidden weapon storage, allowing you to store spare missiles in the leges.

Cons: The "Megatron Attack" soundbite is a bit annoying. He's way to big to go up against the classic/G2 Optimus Prime.

kup
5th March 2010, 12:02 PM
I think of him more as Laser Prime's opponent from a toy perspective.

dirge
5th March 2010, 12:12 PM
I've written a full review of this toy here (http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/g2megatron.php). Hope it can provide you with some more perspective (:

Hursticon
6th March 2010, 09:16 PM
Funnily enough I have G2 Megs sitting on my computer desk staring at me through the sights of that giant purple cannon as I type this.

I personally think he's a top figure, definitely one of the better G2 molds produced. As a figure he certainly stands above most figures as he's only about half an inch shorter than ROTF Leader Class Megatron.

Originally posted by Paulbot:
Cons: The "Megatron Attack" soundbite is a bit annoying.
I agree this can definitely get annoying quickly, the only other con I can think of is when trying to display him, his big purple cannon protrudes about an inch and three quarters behind him taking up more room than one may think.

At any rate he is definitely worth picking up and isn't terribly hard to find at flee markets and eBay, I hope this helps anyway. :)

liegeprime
6th March 2010, 10:09 PM
I didnt have the G2 green megs but the same mold - used for Beast Wars neo I think - Japanese - Gigatron who later evolved to Gigastorm ( Trypticon remodel). All the same in looks except for no electronics and slight changes in color hue. I think its a good figure, solid, big, but yeah sizewise he is a match to Powermaster Prime actually, erm Super God Ginrai... When I was laying with it back then, Ginrai was the only prime big enough to match it sizewise. Overall it is a very good figure to have, if the size doesnt bother you.

GoktimusPrime
7th March 2010, 09:39 AM
I didnt have the G2 green megs but the same mold - used for Beast Wars neo I think - Japanese - Gigatron who later evolved to Gigastorm ( Trypticon remodel).
Beast Wars Second Megastorm. :)

All the same in looks except for no electronics and slight changes in color hue.
Megastorm has black paint around the eyes and also the camouflage splotches are brown, whereas Megatron's are purple. The missiles are also a dark brown whereas Megatron's are black, and the tank treads are also a different colour. The stickers are different too. There's also a green sticker covering up the battery compartment. :)

G2 Megatron = the Original Chik-Chik-Boom! :D

Sky Shadow
7th March 2010, 10:14 AM
I like green G2 Megatron. They were really cheap on sale at Toys 'R' Us back in the '90s - something too stupid to pass up like $14.99. I think this mould with the electronic sounds, reloading missile launcher, autotransformation bits and body designed by Cobra is one of the good Megatron toys, and definitely more fun as a toy than the purple Hero/Archforce version.

GoktimusPrime
7th March 2010, 10:42 AM
Dr. Biggles Jones is HAWT. She can polish my railgun any time. :D

Gutsman Heavy
7th March 2010, 01:30 PM
G2 Megs was my first Megatron, I remember going to David Jones after the Xmas pageant and saw a wall of Megatrons, it was epic.

MV75
7th March 2010, 03:32 PM
Pros: It's awesome.

Cons: You need a screwdriver to open the battery compartment.

Pipesqueak
7th March 2010, 04:05 PM
It's jumping G1/G2 but he looks cool squared off against Powermaster Prime.

langzixinxin
7th March 2010, 06:19 PM
thx for the inputs. I have done my orders. It's flying to Aus now. :D:D

Lord_Zed
8th March 2010, 07:31 PM
G2 Green tank Megatron.

Pro's: Big green and mean.

Cons: Still a brick.

Soundwarp
8th March 2010, 07:55 PM
G2 Green tank Megatron.

Pro's: Big green and mean.

Cons: Still a brick.

Agreed!

Robzy
8th March 2010, 09:55 PM
I love G2 Megs! Can't think of any cons... it's an awesome toy.

I think of him more as Laser Prime's opponent from a toy perspective.
+1