PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking to do a bit of repainting

SharkyMcShark
6th March 2010, 12:40 AM
and would like some input as to what paint/s to use, and more importantly what stores to get them from (specifically in WA).

I'll be painting plastic. I've heard good things about Tamiya and Krylon but I dont even know if theyre sold over here...

SMHFConvoy
6th March 2010, 01:39 PM
Tamiya paints are sold here. Not so sure about Krylon. Some use Games Workshop paints because it's water based and you need only water to thin it out. If you use Tamiya you'll need the paint thinner.

Or you can do what some do (myself included) go to bunnings and by a can of spray paint for covering large areas.

Tip: if you use spray paint be careful to mask pegs, peg holes, tabs and slots. Too many coats and you can't tab or peg figures back together properly.

Lint
6th March 2010, 08:32 PM
^Tamiya have a range of water based (acrylic) paints as well. They have an excellent reputation from what i've head.

Kyle
6th March 2010, 08:43 PM
There is a couple of hobby shops that sell paints in Perth CBD. Perth Hobby Centre sells Tamiya, Mr Hobby, as well as other brands of paints. There's also a hobby shop in Trinity Arcade, and Gamesworkshop near Game Traders. Tokyo Underground on Hay Street has a small selection of Gundam Markers.

Lint
6th March 2010, 09:49 PM
Stanbridges in Mount Lawley also has an excellent selection of paints and a lot of hobby supplies. Just look up hobby stores in the yellow pages if you want to find a place local to you.

SharkyMcShark
6th March 2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys. I talked to various friends that used to paint Warhammer stuff and tried googling various hobby shops in perth without much success.

Now to choose colours and stuff...