PDA

View Full Version : Help with Kicker

SofaMan
7th March 2010, 08:57 PM
I looked up the other day, and noticed a sullen pair of legs sitting on my shelf. i then looked down and found a lonesome torso skulking beneath the bottom shelf. The rubber band in his waist seems to have perished and rendered him unwhole.

Any got any suggestions about how best to repair him? All his parts are present, intact and unbroken except for a troublesome rubber band.

kup
7th March 2010, 09:52 PM
I looked up the other day, and noticed a sullen pair of legs sitting on my shelf. i then looked down and found a lonesome torso skulking beneath the bottom shelf. The rubber band in his waist seems to have perished and rendered him unwhole.

Any got any suggestions about how best to repair him? All his parts are present, intact and unbroken except for a troublesome rubber band.

Photos please as I don't have a Kicker. I am assuming that it's similar to a GI Joe or Action Master waist.

SofaMan
7th March 2010, 10:08 PM
Broken Kicker (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28709280@N05/4413638616/in/set-72157623570883718/)

kup
7th March 2010, 11:02 PM
From what I can see, its a similar set up as an action master only that the waist piece is separate.

Try to find a small but strong enough rubber band (not too thin). Pass it through the waist piece and hook it up to both end hooks (legs and torso). Make sure its not too big otherwise it would be too floppy. If you can't find a small enough rubber band, try doubling it up.

SofaMan
8th March 2010, 09:58 AM
I've got some small o-rings - I'll give those a try first. Thanks buddy. :)

1orion2many
8th March 2010, 10:48 AM
:)You can actually by the spare rings off ebay as it's a common occurrence in Microman which is what Kicker actually is, look under Microman or Micronauts to find some.;)

Sky Shadow
8th March 2010, 11:01 AM
:)You can actually by the spare rings off ebay as it's a common occurrence in Microman which is what Kicker actually is, look under Microman or Micronauts to find some.;)

That kicker isn't Microman-style - that was the Japanese release. SofaMan's is the US release which is G.I.Joe-style.

1orion2many
8th March 2010, 11:02 AM
That kicker isn't Microman-style - that was the Japanese release. SofaMan's is the US release which is G.I.Joe-style.

:)Which is Microman rip-off:p:D Very Early 70's I believe was the first releases but don't quote me on that as it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong about something:o

SofaMan
8th March 2010, 12:23 PM
There also doesn't seem to be a torso hook - just the screw post extending from the back to the chest. Since the screw would appear to be under the Autobot logo on his back, I'm not sure how to dismantle the thing to get a new rubber band in there. :confused:

1orion2many
8th March 2010, 01:00 PM
:confused:I haven't dismantled one for a while but look here in case they have a repair bay
http://www.microforever.com/

Seraphim Prime
9th March 2010, 09:05 AM
:)Which is Microman rip-off:p:D Very Early 70's I believe was the first releases but don't quote me on that as it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong about something:o

Actually it's the other way around! Microman was the Takara import of GIJoe. They took the moulds and cast them in clear plastic and sold them as Microman.

They later expanded Microman with Diaclone and Micronaughts. Which was then imported into the US by Hasbro as The Transformers! And the story came full circle.

1orion2many
9th March 2010, 10:36 AM
:confused:I don't remember small G I Joe figures in the 70's, only the large 12" figures on the shelf and I'm talking mid to early 70's (god I'm showing my age:o)

Sky Shadow
9th March 2010, 11:01 AM
:confused:I don't remember small G I Joe figures in the 70's, only the large 12" figures on the shelf and I'm talking mid to early 70's (god I'm showing my age:o)

12-inch Combat Joes were licensed by Takara and turned into Henshin Cyborgs in 1972. Takara then shrunk its Joe-based Henshin Cyborg design down into the 10cm Microman in 1974.

The only reason I made the distinction between G.I.Joe and Microman in the first place is that there are two completely different Kicker toys - Japanese Kicker, who was based on the 2003 Microman mould, and SofaMan's US version, which was based on the 2003 G.I.Joe mould. It was intended to avoid confusion rather than create it.

1orion2many
9th March 2010, 11:12 AM
:confused:What's wrong with confusion:confused::D, I consider the 3 3/4" Microman a different breed to the 12" joes, Heshin Cyborg I completely ignore and don't class it in the same line as Microman either, selective aren't I:D. The smaller Joes didn't come out until 1982 but I believe the 12" Joes have been around since 1964, that's even before my time :D. Sorry for running off the original thread Sofaman:o

1orion2many
9th March 2010, 02:39 PM
Found these http://cgi.ebay.com/Micronauts-Microman-O-rings-bands-orings-Qty-100_W0QQitemZ360199248211

VERT
9th March 2010, 03:01 PM
Its best to get the screw out but its under the Autobot crystal. I have removed it about 4 years ago. Not easy but can be done. Sorry I cant remember just how I did it :(