PDA

View Full Version : Fort Max Accessories

Skullcruncher
9th March 2010, 01:14 PM
Does anyone know if the fort max large blue gun has been KO'd?

Thanks in advance!

liegeprime
9th March 2010, 02:03 PM
IN answer to your query....yup, made of heavy resin material, both large guns have been KO'ed

I have been lucky to buy both from a seller from NZ on ebay. quite heavy and matte finish, but fits well like the original.

Disclaimer: Im not promoting this okies. A KO is a KO but I just didnt want to pay exorbitant prices for the guns -which goes to as much as equal to a TM decepticon on ebay....

1orion2many
9th March 2010, 02:24 PM
I think you can buy the Photon and Dual Blaster in a 2 pack, I had the same problem of deciding if I was going to pay outrageous prices for both guns. Last time I checked I think just one of them was going for around $75 U.S but this was a while ago. I got my dodgey 2 pack as in KO not crap for $21 U.S, not sure what the KO's cost now but I'm sure you wont be paying the $150 U.S plus for 2 guns. I would have preferred the original guns but I couldn't convince myself to pay that price, I did pay $75 U.S for Spike a few years back to complete 1 of my Fort Max's but they are double that price now I believe:eek:

liegeprime
9th March 2010, 02:30 PM
yeah , Spike alone costs like US$150 BIN price, for something so small, nuh uh....not gonna spend that much on that small...I have a KO spike though which fits just fine, dont have the G1 version of Fort Max but if I do come across one with Spike missing Im going for it as I can live without it- the KO I have will suffice. Again Im not promoting KOs but the prices these parts go for are criminal!
:(

kup
9th March 2010, 05:06 PM
Recently I been having doubts that the red Radar piece of my Max is real.

heroic_decepticon
9th March 2010, 10:00 PM
yeah , Spike alone costs like US$150 BIN price, for something so small, nuh uh....not gonna spend that much on that small...I have a KO spike though which fits just fine, dont have the G1 version of Fort Max but if I do come across one with Spike missing Im going for it as I can live without it- the KO I have will suffice. Again Im not promoting KOs but the prices these parts go for are criminal!
:(

is the blue bodied Skarr KO too?

liegeprime
10th March 2010, 08:08 AM
yup, it came with the KO Doubledealer. Skar is violet with yellow body originally:)

Skullcruncher
10th March 2010, 08:14 AM
IN answer to your query....yup, made of heavy resin material, both large guns have been KO'ed

I have been lucky to buy both from a seller from NZ on ebay. quite heavy and matte finish, but fits well like the original.

Great thanks yeah I have picked up both guns, from ebay the seller seemed pretty legit but he did have several 'in stock'.

Any difference in the screw colours? Mine are silver and I havn't put them with fort max to see if the fit nicely as yet as hes living in a box in the cupboard at the moment!

liegeprime
10th March 2010, 02:32 PM
Great thanks yeah I have picked up both guns, from ebay the seller seemed pretty legit but he did have several 'in stock'.

Any difference in the screw colours? Mine are silver and I havn't put them with fort max to see if the fit nicely as yet as hes living in a box in the cupboard at the moment!

Well, mines all blue. They made the material (hard resin) in blue and the screws are painted in the same hue, so its all blue but a tad lighter, matted I think than the original and heavier. I don't own an original one so I compared it as per memory to the ones Ive seen. But these ones Ive bought are really solid pieces. It's actually more garage kit KOing than mass produced KO so the quality is somewhat great (IMO) KO wise.

Silver colored KO fort max guns ei? Now that's interesting. You can always spray paint em to the hue they were meant to be. How much did you get it?

1orion2many
10th March 2010, 03:00 PM
:confused:Is it the guns you are saying silver? The ones I picked up were molded in the original colours. I believe they cast these off the original guns so fitting in FM's hands shouldn't be an issue;)

Skullcruncher
10th March 2010, 03:06 PM
lol, sorry the screw colours are silver, will arm him up tonight and see how he looks!