PDA

View Full Version : Comic Nefarious

Autocon
18th March 2010, 11:44 PM
spoilers ahead

rumble is a blue rhino
swipe rachet op jolt dunerunner knockout bb al feature for bots
swave rumble beastbox ratbat and buzzsaw all feature for cons
ravage seems to be dead? only enough energy to find what he is looking for then dies
there is a half cube in its infant stages growing matureing and this initiative lead by carter, in a wheelchair, need energy to help it grow/ stablise.
they will need more of what they are looking for
if the cude is unstable it will wipe out all of earth and solar system

SharkyMcShark
19th March 2010, 12:17 AM
Is it actually out yet?

SharkyMcShark
19th March 2010, 12:37 AM
Well that was... confusing

SPOILERS

Breakaway was offed depressingly fast.
The new age cassettes are really cool.

Autocon
19th March 2010, 12:42 AM
yes its out. how did u read it?
doh breakaway, dont think he was offed though? maybe i missed that panel:confused:

SharkyMcShark
19th March 2010, 12:55 AM
SPOILERS

Breakaway is after Soundwave, Soundwave tells him to get lost, he doesn't, and is visibly shown being blown apart. Alas poor Breakaway, I knew him well.

It was nice the Sideswipe got some more character development - it seems his personality is closer to G1 Sunstreaker than his G1 namesake.

GoktimusPrime
22nd March 2010, 07:41 PM
Meh... the loss of Breakaway wasn't so bad. It's not as bad as the old G1 days when they'd spend multiple issues developing a character and making you emotionally invest and care for them before randomly offing them! (alas poor Nightbeat!! :o)

Interesting to see the artwork reflecting a more toy-accurate version of Soundwave. I like how the story picks up where TOTF Ravage left off and kinda creates more questions than it answers!

Autocon
24th April 2010, 02:02 AM
read number 2

spoilers

dirtboss brakedown and reverb(with four arms:confused:) were there
ravage is back for good it seems
really not alot happened
jolt and knockout were siad to be new and therefore not on the system but jolt was in the movie
dissapointed really

GoktimusPrime
24th April 2010, 09:07 PM
really not alot happened
TFwiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nefarious_issue_2) has managed to summarise the story of this issue in 3 paragraphs.

I wouldn't say 'nothing' happens... (SPOILERS AHOY)

+ the NEST Alliance is under increasing strain, with both the human and Autobot elements becoming distrusting of the United States government. Everyone's getting paranoid.
+ We learn more about the Initiative such as their admission that they don't really know what they're doing when it comes to replicating the AllSpark, and their efforts may end up destroying a good portion of the Solar System. We also know that they've managed to seize control of Sector 7's former assets, and are also able to manipulate communications within the military and NEST - allowing them to manipulate people/Transformers.
+ Soundwave and Optimus Prime strike a deal! ('nuff sed!)
+ Something's fishy down at Hoover Dam...

I also liked how ROTF Dirt Boss' speech mannerism is similar to the Animated Constructicons ("blue collar") and his persona reminds me of Animated Dirt Boss too. :) It's not the single most action-packed issue ever, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "nothing happens" either.

Autocon
12th August 2010, 11:12 PM
so 5 comics in and one to go.

your views? its ok a bit slow though with repetativness swave alliance then not then alliance again! and probably not again...

the model t ford head havent quite explained it:confused:

griffin
14th August 2010, 05:10 PM
You may well be the only one still reading it... :p

Autocon
16th August 2010, 12:15 AM
:o lol yeah im only reading it in case it gives something away for tf3.

GoktimusPrime
16th August 2010, 11:52 AM
I'm reading it. I seriously doubt it'll give anything away for TF3 (just as Reign of Starscream didn't give anything away for ROTF... other than explaining the origins of his tatts :p)

SharkyMcShark
16th August 2010, 08:20 PM
Right I've read the first issue, now I'm going to read the rest.

GoktimusPrime
20th August 2010, 10:39 PM
From the August Acquisitions thread:

How was the last issue of Nefarious Gok? I've been following that storyline for a while too.

I thought it was pretty good. In typical Furman style the final piece of the puzzle is revealed, making the rest of the story fall into place. :) There's some interesting twists and revelations that further flesh out the Transformers movieverse lore.

Paulbot
21st August 2010, 10:39 PM
Every comic associated with Revenge of the Fallen has been lacking, but this series is probably the worst. Poor art (by which I mean pencils, ink and colouring) a story that seems to be a repeat of stories we've seen before, meaningless but I guess supposedly "cool" cameos, it was all a mess really.

If you're exepecting something like Reign of Starscream look elsewhere. I hope the Sector 7 series is better but I'm considering waiting for the trade on that one.

SharkyMcShark
21st August 2010, 11:06 PM
I honestly got bored by about halfway through part 3.

Reign of Starscream showed that movieverse comics have potential to be interesting. This is mostly all bad, as Paul said. Especially the art - movie style can be done well on the pages of a comic book but this was not good.

GoktimusPrime
22nd August 2010, 10:34 PM
Regarding the art, as I said in the Tales of the Fallen (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=5474) thread:

Carlos Magno's art... I'm not a huge fan of. His humans sometimes look too similar; at times I had trouble distinguishing between Sam and Ron Witwicky - but my main gripe was with the way he drew action scenes. His action poses aren't terribly dynamic and his sense of cinematic choreography fails to excite me. Often one panel doesn't seem to 'connect' to what's happening in the next panel with a sense of "visual logic." Magno's art is otherwise not bad and he seems to have the potential to be a decent comic book artist. Perhaps Magno would benefit from having a closer look at Geoff Senior's G1 and G2 art for a better idea of how to 'animate' action scenes in comic books.

Now compared to his TOTF art I think he's gotten little bit better insofar as the humans not looking quite as identical as they did in TOTF. But I still find his action poses to be undynamic and bland. Optimus Prime leading the battle charge in the last issue looked more like he was slipping on a giant banana peel. When the robots are fighting it looks more like they're just accidentally tripping into each other. I find he draws humans better than robots. Now some might say that this is probably because his prior experience has predominantly been with drawing human(like) characters for DC and Marvel and hasn't had previous experience with drawing Transformers - but I think a good artist would still adapt. Look at Andrew Wildman for example. The man has admitted that he got into drawing comics because he wanted to draw super heroes like the X-Men, not robots like Transformers. And it's obvious that when he was hired to draw Transformers, he simply adapted them into his own style of drawing and made the Transformers look like super heroes (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/e/e7/G1_Grimlock_vs_demons.jpg)! And Wildman's one of the widely loved comic artists from G1 next to Geoff Senior (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/32/Galvatrong1.jpg).

The one thing about the colouring that persistently bugged me was Mudflap's head! Were they running short on orange ink??

Autocon
26th August 2010, 11:54 PM
read the last one

really could have been a 4 parter. the last issue had lots of things all crammed into one. what happened to the all spark? and that freed old robot?

overall bad art. i saw kick ass and watched the comic section great art in there comparted to this crap. rachet wasnt green. art fail, story half fail. which armorhide did they use?

GoktimusPrime
27th August 2010, 08:52 PM
what happened to the all spark? and that freed old robot?
Fortress (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fortress_%28ROTF%29) took the KO AllSpark and flew it into orbit where it exploded (and presumably took Fortress out in the process).