PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Draw Toys now KOed.

griffin
21st March 2010, 12:01 AM
Nothing's sacred anymore to those counterfieting TFs toys.
A gold coloured Classics/Henkei Optimus/Convoy is being produced, and there will be 250 of them.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/ko-of-lucky-draw-gold-henkei-convoy-has-been-produced/18053/

It's odd that they are only doing a small amount, which will end up driving the price up to what a rare, legitimate toy would cost.

valkyrie_76
21st March 2010, 01:20 AM
Yeah just spotted that too.

Is anything sacred anymore.........just don't tell Jgon :D:D

Saintly
22nd March 2010, 02:03 PM
this makes me scared $h!tless of buying any TFs!!

DarkHyren
22nd March 2010, 05:55 PM
You know, I'm against knock offs, but I would consider getting this so long as the quality is good.
As Seibertron said "Until now, the chances of the average Transformers fan even finding one, let alone affording one have been slim" so this is almost too tempting to pass up.
So long as it isn't passed off as the real deal I would consider this like a custom job rather then a knock off.

1AZRAEL1
23rd March 2010, 10:21 AM
You know, I'm against knock offs, but I would consider getting this so long as the quality is good.
As Seibertron said "Until now, the chances of the average Transformers fan even finding one, let alone affording one have been slim" so this is almost too tempting to pass up.
So long as it isn't passed off as the real deal I would consider this like a custom job rather then a knock off.

But odds are, some unscrupulous people will probably try to flog it off as legit. That is one of the major problems with KO's I find.

GoktimusPrime
23rd March 2010, 01:18 PM
This doesn't effect me as I have no intention of ever BUYING a lucky-draw prize toy. IMHO it kinda defeats the whole purpose and feels like "cheating." It'd be like buying a medal. To me, the primary novelty of a lucky draw toy is precisely that -- you acquire it as a lucky draw.

It's still a counterfeit imitation regardless of how it's marketed. I consider it beneath my standards as a collector to pay for a fake. JMHO

heroic_decepticon
24th March 2010, 12:00 AM
i hope they do a good job with the chrome at least, so that it does not flake off.

(I too am not interested in these chrome/shiny/strangely colour 'limited edition' TFs; never was, unlikely to be)

kup
24th March 2010, 12:54 PM
The problem with these KOs is not people willing to 'cheat' by buying them. The problem is that they will pollute the market and are very likely to be confused for the real thing by buyers. It may even trick honest sellers who think they have the real thing and sell it as such.

It is also possible that the fake may be indistinguishable from the real thing due to the chrome.

When it comes to my interest for Lucky Draw figures - I have none. If I get one, I would be paranoid that it may chip or flake.

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2010, 05:10 PM
The only way I get Lucky Draw Prize toys is if I win it in a competition, meaning that the toy is sent to me by a legit source (i.e.: Takara(TOMY)). If someone is willing to purchase a Lucky Draw Prize from a 3rd party source then they run the risk that it could be a fake. :/

(I too am not interested in these chrome/shiny/strangely colour 'limited edition' TFs; never was, unlikely to be)

When it comes to my interest for Lucky Draw figures - I have none. If I get one, I would be paranoid that it may chip or flake.
I've had no problems with any chrome flaking off my Lucky Draw silver chrome Bluestreak. But like you guys, I also have no real interest in these toys either... they're just not that interesting (G1 Primus is better than others because he has several different colours of chrome - and also makes sense since Primus was portrayed as being all golden and shiny in G1 anyway)

I only got chromestreak cos I won him, and I didn't even enter any competition -- when I ordered Megaplex from e-Hobby I was automatically placed in a draw and my name came up. Of course I'm happy to receive one for free, but I personally wouldn't pay for one.

liegeprime
25th March 2010, 08:26 PM
OH thank goodness Im nearly finished with G1. I dont think they'd bother KOing Wreckgar..... yet.

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2010, 12:19 PM
Ditto. Although a KO Time Warrior would be MIGHTY tempting! :D :p

kup
26th March 2010, 08:46 PM
Ditto. Although a KO Time Warrior would be MIGHTY tempting! :D :p

yeah...and S.T.A.R.S. too :)

reillyd
27th March 2010, 04:21 PM
I doubt they'll be honest enough to hold it to 250. I suspect once the price goes up and they are scarce, someone will "discover" another crate of them.

blackie
28th March 2010, 01:26 PM
I doubt they'll be honest enough to hold it to 250. I suspect once the price goes up and they are scarce, someone will "discover" another crate of them.

he wont discover another crate, he has them made up himself