PDA

View Full Version : Hi people

gdmetro
23rd March 2010, 03:43 PM
Hi all

Little intro story:

I Have not ever "collected" but discovering youtube transformer reviews especially g1 I started getting into it.. one figure I loved was Metroplex, but didnt think to collect them.

A few weeks ago I was in Hong Kong, walked into a toy shop- saw all these awesome encores and binaltech etc. I was blinded and only picked up the metroplex. Now I got back, lets just say Ive got the Fire for g1 stuff, especially reissues.

Slightly frustrated now, I could have picked a few more items.. now ill have to go through Ebay and more difficult means.

Hence my need to join up here and express how awesome g1 figs are- I need more!

1orion2many
23rd March 2010, 03:54 PM
:)And there goes all your spare cash:D Welcome to the board:)

Omega Supreme
23rd March 2010, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the board!

1AZRAEL1
23rd March 2010, 04:18 PM

+1 :D

Welcome the boards

OrionPax
23rd March 2010, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the boards :)

Deceptic_Optic
23rd March 2010, 06:08 PM
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m205/de3dz/DPP_0005-2-1.jpg

GoktimusPrime
23rd March 2010, 06:38 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/boardwelcome.jpg

5FDP
23rd March 2010, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the board :)

Collecting is very addictive (I've lost count of how many times I have said to the wife "this is the last one I swear") however you picked the right generation in G1 to start collecting. Enjoy!

optimus1
23rd March 2010, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the boards!

G1 really is the best! U gotta love Encore and Binaltech/Alternator/Alternaties as well :)

Cmdr Prime
23rd March 2010, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the boards friend :)

liegeprime
24th March 2010, 01:16 AM
MAbuhay and welcome to the forum! yup G1 is the best! :D:D

Hursticon
24th March 2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by gdmetro:
Hence my need to join up here and express how awesome g1 figs are- I need more!

Hand this bot a barrel of Energon with a twist of Passionfruit. :p

Welcome to the boards gdmetro, it is always good to hear members appreciation of G1 especially those who are just discovering it. :D

gdmetro
24th March 2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks for all the warm greetings!!

Yeah Ive been doing research and DAMN... g1- pricey

Hopefully I shouldnt be spending that much. not a purist or completist.. just to pick up select figs I really like- (reissue and minty where possible) of G1.

Also seen a few classics I want to pick up too..

Who am i kidding... my wallet will be crying!

Vector Prime
24th March 2010, 09:42 PM
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae21/phuynh1979/Vectorprimeut.jpg

The_Damned
25th March 2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks for all the warm greetings!!

Yeah Ive been doing research and DAMN... g1- pricey

Hopefully I shouldnt be spending that much. not a purist or completist.. just to pick up select figs I really like- (reissue and minty where possible) of G1.

Also seen a few classics I want to pick up too..

Who am i kidding... my wallet will be crying!
see the obsession is spreading, first it was just g1 now its it dont mind some of those classics, where will it stop?

The_Damned
25th March 2010, 02:58 PM
welcome btw. :)

Doubledealer
25th March 2010, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the fray, gdmetro. :D Glad you're enjoying the G1 toys (again?) so much, they are indeed very magical indeed. I highly recommend you seek out 'the bible' or in other word Mark Bellomo's G1 Identification and Price Guide, you can thank me later. ;)

gdmetro
25th March 2010, 10:13 PM
see the obsession is spreading, first it was just g1 now its it dont mind some of those classics, where will it stop?

Also saw some binaltech that are interesting :)
Haha.. yeah its been real bad researching..although I havnt bought anything yet. The urge to want more is like a wildfire...

So far ive been really wanting g1 soundwave, jazz, ultra magnus as top priorities- dont ask me why but they appeal to me the most.
Jetfire is awesome but i dont think i can ever justify getting a vintage one (price wise and rarity)
Fortmax.....

Hence I need to get classics/henkei jetfire- Ive seen henkei one for cheaper so probably getting that.

And once i saw FP city commander- DAMN....but i cant justify the price of the classics prime/UM. unless they reissue it I probably wont be getting it.

Welcome to the fray, gdmetro. :D Glad you're enjoying the G1 toys (again?) so much, they are indeed very magical indeed. I highly recommend you seek out 'the bible' or in other word Mark Bellomo's G1 Identification and Price Guide, you can thank me later. ;)

I caught some g1 on tv as a kid- this is early 90s but I never got to have any transformers (sad but true). I remember my friend having a sixshot- i played with that. always wanted an optimus prime. But thats cause i never knew about Ultra Magnus. :)

Later when beast wars came out i got a few figs- theyre all gone now.

The bible would probably lead to me getting more g1s.. will definitely have to check it out.

Robzy
25th March 2010, 10:43 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

Autocon
28th March 2010, 08:41 PM
beast wars, movie, unicron trilogy, animated? any of these appeal to u? have u seen any of the shows:D

GoktimusPrime
29th March 2010, 02:02 PM
No G1 collection is complete without the Firecons! :p :p

Saintly
29th March 2010, 02:47 PM
welcome!

OrionPax
6th April 2010, 09:46 AM
welcome dude! :)

Mr Ed
6th April 2010, 03:00 PM
welcome to OTCA!

Jetfire
7th April 2010, 02:22 PM
Welcome! Always room for more G1 fans here

Claytron
9th April 2010, 12:00 AM
Hey guys i dunno if i did this right? Just registered, just looking for a few people to chat and discuss some gen 1's with. My wife just doesn't understand :(

liegeprime
9th April 2010, 12:11 AM
Just go ahead and post in some of the different threads Clayton. and keep a look see of the intro thread you started, pretty soon hi and hellos will trickle in.

Claytron
9th April 2010, 12:16 AM
Hows the best way to know when people have replied to me? Just the thread title turning bold? So i should maybe bookmark when i reply to a thread or somin?

Claytron
9th April 2010, 12:33 AM
Any good threads ppl can recommend for a Gen 1 Collector?

liegeprime
9th April 2010, 12:57 AM
Always click on the new posts oyull see the tab for it above , in between the search and calendar tabs. You can always have a looksee on this thread every now and then as well. for gen 1 have a look see at the KUps discussion section , and the Scavenger Acquisition section - theres a thread for Gen ! showcases. Also in the Grapple Section - there's the collection threads stickied, just start your own thread for your collection post and Paulbot will add it to the general collection of members list.

Claytron
9th April 2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks so much for all the welcomes!

I have just put a couple of pics of my MIB Collection up guys

What a mission carefully packing them all, and repacking them all... But i wanna to my bit to contribute to the forums

I only took pics of my boxed stuff, i have most of the combiners and a few others. Nothing people haven't seen a thousands times

Check it out and see what ya think