PDA

View Full Version : + John Malkovich, -Megan Fox

GoktimusPrime
24th March 2010, 09:46 AM
From this morning's broadcast of "Today"'s Entertainment News from Richard Wilkinson:

+ John Malkovich has been cast as Sam's teacher.
- Megan Fox may not be returning.

------------comments may include spoilers------------------

Both great news IMO! :D Hopefully Sam's new teacher won't be a creepy narcissist like his previous lecturer. (-_-) Though his apathetic high school history teacher was funny. But I digress...

Megan Fox leaving? While I'd like to believe it methinks it's too good to be true. (-_-) Here's hoping they'll replace her with someone better to play Mikaela.

------------
Apologies:
I know that there's another thread that mentions the news about Malkovich, but I didn't notice it because it wasn't in the thread title -- I only found it through the board's Search Function and even then I averted my eyes from the thread as it contains spoilers I didn't want to read. So I hope that thread can allow people to read news about the actors but without exposing themselves to other spoilers.

I don't know if the news/rumour about Fox leaving has been posted elsewhere. If this thread is too similar to an already existing one then please feel free to merge or delete it. :)

dirge
24th March 2010, 09:58 AM
Heck, John Malkovich would be preferable as Sam's love interest IMO. Not that I'm expecting (or advocating) that, but yeah he's a good actor, not an annoying piece of flesh.

Paulbot
24th March 2010, 10:14 AM
Maybe Frances McDormand (who has also been cast) is the new love interest.

She could be a cougar since that's so hot right now!? :)

Other reports from sources I trust more than Richard Wilkins say Malkovitch will be spoiler? Sam's boss not teacher.

Ken Jeong ( The Hangover, Knocked Up, Role Models) has also been cast, probably, going on his past roles and the roles of Bernie Mac and Rainn Wilson in the past TF movies, to show up and be the funny guy in one scene.

GoktimusPrime
24th March 2010, 12:18 PM
Oh yeah sorry, I think Wilkins did say boss, not teacher... I only pay half attention to the Today show as I have it running in the background as I frantically prepare to go off to work. :p :D

Paulbot
24th March 2010, 12:28 PM
Nobody should pay more than half attention to Richard Wilkins.

Autocon
24th March 2010, 02:27 PM
spoiler in thread titles?

canofwhoopass_87
24th March 2010, 02:32 PM
spoiler in thread titles? Nah. Spoiler gives away the plot (or part of it) methinks. This is just a bit of rumour on movie casting

1AZRAEL1
24th March 2010, 02:37 PM
Nah. Spoiler gives away the plot (or part of it) methinks. This is just a bit of rumour on movie casting

Not so much rumour, seems more reality. But the title doesn't really spoil anything really, just says who is/isn't going to be in it. If it said John Malkovich playing Sam's first boss, or something like that, then that would be wrong :p

5FDP
24th March 2010, 06:43 PM
Megan Fox leaving? While I'd like to believe it methinks it's too good to be true. (-_-) Here's hoping they'll replace her with someone better to play Mikaela.

I hope they don't. While I'm not a fan of Megan Fox (the actress ;)), I hate when movies cast different actors in existing character roles. They did this in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight with Rachel Dawes, Batman's love interest. It bugged the hell out of me.

Kyle
24th March 2010, 10:24 PM
I hope they don't. While I'm not a fan of Megan Fox (the actress ;)), I hate when movies cast different actors in existing character roles. They did this in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight with Rachel Dawes, Batman's love interest. It bugged the hell out of me.

I prefer having her remained as Sam's girlfriend in the 3rd movie than see the character gone all of a sudden. Afterall, she's been involved so much in the first 2 movies already. But I would also prefer they give her minimal screen time in this new one... :D

5FDP
25th March 2010, 09:16 AM
I prefer having her remained as Sam's girlfriend in the 3rd movie than see the character gone all of a sudden. Afterall, she's been involved so much in the first 2 movies already. But I would also prefer they give her minimal screen time in this new one... :D

I like the way you think Kyle :D That's a good work-around.

** POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT **

There was a rumour (which apparently has since proven to be false) that Mikaela will be killed off in the third movie. If this does happen, I hope it's as good as the Zombie Kill Of The Week (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-hFwale9VE)

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2010, 05:18 PM
Could you please either hide any rumours or give us a warning -- I'd like to avoid reading rumours in case they turn out to be true (in which case it would become a spoiler). Thank you.

It depends... if the new actor is _better_ then I say go for it! After all, most Star Wars fans seem to have liked the fact that the woman who played Emperor Palpatine (and was voiced by Clive "G1 Kickback" Revill) in The Empire Strikes Back was replaced by Ian McDiarmid in Return of the Jedi, who subsequently reprised his role as Palpie in the prequel trilogy (and also reshot the Palpatine scenes for Empire for the redone DVD release). It seems to be a general consensus amongst fans that McDiarmid is a better actor for Palpatine despite not being the original.

That could work too. It worked with Jar Jar Binks! :)

"Deysa bombad transformin' mekkaniks, okie-dey!"

Robzy
25th March 2010, 10:42 PM
I like JM! This is a positive move...

:)

5FDP
26th March 2010, 09:10 AM
Could you please either hide any rumours or give us a warning -- I'd like to avoid reading rumours in case they turn out to be true (in which case it would become a spoiler). Thank you.

I am very sorry Goki. All fixed :)

Lord_Zed
27th March 2010, 12:20 AM

It would of bugged me, except they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal which I consider a definite upgrade, but then they killed her of. :(

While writing her out would suck if Sam's girlfriend actually had a personality we might emphasize with her trials.

5FDP
27th March 2010, 11:22 AM
It would of bugged me, except they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal which I consider a definite upgrade, but then they killed her of. :(

:eek: How can you say that after seeing the infamous 'nip' scene at the end of Batman Begins :D

RageOnTheRoads
29th March 2010, 08:55 AM
Heck, John Malkovich would be preferable as Sam's love interest IMO.

The cracktasticness of that made me LOL :D

After the 'apparent' diss megan laid on michael during the last movie, it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't return. It's not as if Bay wouldn't have any trouble finding a LOGICAL way of writing her disappearance in to the script.

But Malkovich = pure yay!

GoktimusPrime
29th March 2010, 02:00 PM
It's not as if Bay wouldn't have any trouble finding a LOGICAL way of writing her disappearance in to the script.
A wizard ate her.

Gouki
3rd April 2010, 11:21 AM
Heck, John Malkovich would be preferable as Sam's love interest IMO. Not that I'm expecting (or advocating) that, but yeah he's a good actor, not an annoying piece of flesh.

I'm sorry, what?

Anyways, I'd like Fox to return. I really would. I don't watch the movies for high level human drama. I never had a real problem with her acting either and she works well with Shia. They do have chemistry with each other, and it's a fun, playfull chemistry.

dirge
3rd April 2010, 11:29 PM
I'm sorry, what?

I'm saying that while Hollywood would never go there, I'd rather see Malkovich in place of Fox as the love interest. Fox just annoys me. I don't especially want a love story sideline in any case, but Fox is the least interesting option for me.

There are many better (female) options for the love interest of course, and one or two worse ones (Jennifer Lopez for example).