PDA

View Full Version : Vote for your fave Transformer for hall of fame!

Autocon
27th March 2010, 02:24 AM
http://tformers.com/transformers-hasbros-transformers-hall-of-fame-announced-help-us-choose-the-next-robot/13254/news.html

hasbro will be inugruating OP BB SS and megs and will leave a 5th one up to u!

Autocon
27th March 2010, 02:35 AM
wont let me edit title - fo 2 for

autobreadticon
27th March 2010, 09:12 AM
Ratchet, damn funny in all incarnations

Verno
27th March 2010, 10:44 AM
Will there be a commemorative Toy Line to go with this? It's not like Hasbro to miss an opportunity to flog off some more toys.

And personally, I might even pick them up if they have an overlying collection feel, having not got any re-issues of original figures or anything.

Vector Prime
27th March 2010, 10:47 AM
Soundwave should be the 5th inductee IMHO

5FDP
27th March 2010, 11:19 AM
My money is on Soundwave becoming the fifth also. Who's taking bets? :D

Hursticon
27th March 2010, 12:02 PM
"Soundwave: Superior, All other Decepticons: Inferior".

My votes for Soundwave. :D

Sky Shadow
27th March 2010, 12:23 PM
My vote will be for Grimlock.

BigPenney
27th March 2010, 12:40 PM
Drift :p:p:p

But seriously, Soundwave all the way

Zippo
27th March 2010, 04:25 PM
Yep, Soundwave for sure.
Jazz could also get my vote

sideswipes brother
27th March 2010, 06:31 PM
I straight away thought of Soundwave also - Grimlock second.

Grievous
27th March 2010, 07:13 PM
Soundwave...

Enough Said...
:cool:

Sky Shadow
27th March 2010, 07:18 PM
From the results here, I think they did this wrong. It probably should have been Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron and Soundwave, leaving Starscream and Grimlock (and... like... maybe Jazz or someone) to fight it out for fifth. As it is, it might be a walkover.

Autocon
28th March 2010, 02:21 AM
they are also inducting people that have worked at hasbro movie cartoon any form of media and realted fields that have helped tfs grow

dirge
28th March 2010, 08:47 AM
Everyone vote for Cindersaur!!! (:

5FDP
28th March 2010, 10:40 AM

No way. Wheelie deserves it more :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
28th March 2010, 11:26 AM
Surely Beast Wars Megatron deserves more votes. He's a cunning tactician much like the Joker from the Dark Knight.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/joker.gif "Why so serious? Yesss..."

5FDP
4th May 2010, 08:41 AM
Hasbro announced the TRANSFORMERS HALL OF FAME – Nominee #1.

Fan’s choice nominee #1 is: SOUNDWAVE (http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_US/discover/movie-news/TRANSFORMERS-HALL-OF-FAME-Nominee-1.cfm) :D

Voting will start on Monday, May 10th with 5 candidates nominated by Fans to choose from.

liegeprime
4th May 2010, 11:11 AM
Oooh Soundwave. He's the one that got me hooked to TF collecting and Tf lore . My first official Tf toy as well. The cassette underlings kept inside concept was really a strong draw :D as well as that monotone synthesized voice! Still awesome to this day IMO.

Hursticon
4th May 2010, 11:33 AM
Hazaa!!!, Operation: "Hall of Fame Domination!" :D

Deceptic_Optic
4th May 2010, 11:38 AM
SOUNDWAVE SUPERIOR

Sky Shadow
4th May 2010, 12:56 PM
SOUNDWAVE SUPERIOR

Yeah, like we should trust the opinion of someone with Drift as his avatar. :p;)

Hursticon
5th May 2010, 12:23 AM
Transformers Hall of Fame Nominee No.2 is... GRIMLOCK!:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/transformers-hall-of-fame---nominee-2---grimlock-169628/

Courtesy of TFW2005

1orion2many
5th May 2010, 12:27 AM
:)A real nomination at last:D

Hursticon
5th May 2010, 12:41 AM
:)A real nomination at last:D

Soundwave: "Laserbeak Eject! - Operation: Grimlock Vote Corruption!". :p

GoktimusPrime
5th May 2010, 09:19 AM
No Time Warrior? What a sham!

MV75
5th May 2010, 09:51 AM
The title says vote for, but I can't find anywhere to vote. Not even the hasbro site. So where is this actually happening? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hursticon
5th May 2010, 09:57 AM
I believe votes will take place at the official site and elections start on the 10th of May, so, the 11th of May for us.

Deceptic_Optic
5th May 2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, like we should trust the opinion of someone with Drift as his avatar. :p;)

well if drift was there id vote for drift!...lol but since soundwave is there Go0o0o0o0o0 SOUNDWAVE :D

MV75
5th May 2010, 11:42 AM
I believe votes will take place at the official site and elections start on the 10th of May, so, the 11th of May for us.

Ah cool, thanks. I did read that, but I confused myself on what month it is. With all the talk, I thought it was last month on the 10th it started. Duh me.

Lord_Zed
5th May 2010, 01:26 PM
Heh, Soundwave will likely win I think simply because he is one of the most recognisable toys and voices from G1. His actual contribution to the story of G1 is pretty minimal compared to some chrarcaters but hey, looks will get you everywhere.

If I could I would!:D

GoktimusPrime
5th May 2010, 05:06 PM
well if drift was there id vote for drift!...lol but since soundwave is there Go0o0o0o0o0 SOUNDWAVE :D

Drift was disallowed from this poll because it is supposed to be a popularity competition - and with Drift there is always NO competition! :D

Oh sorry, wrong thread. :p :p

Hursticon
6th May 2010, 10:29 AM
Courtesy of TFW2005, the 3rd nominee for the Transformers Hall of Fame is... Jazz:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/transformers-hall-of-fame--nominee-3-169640/

Deceptic_Optic
6th May 2010, 10:53 AM
Drift was disallowed from this poll because it is supposed to be a popularity competition - and with Drift there is always NO competition! :D

Oh sorry, wrong thread. :p :p

well said :cool:

Gutsman Heavy
6th May 2010, 12:52 PM
Drift wont be in the hall of fame he IS the hall of fame.

Hursticon
7th May 2010, 02:47 AM
More from TFW2005, The 4th Nominee for the Transformers Hall of Fame is none other than our Favourite Cybertronian Guardian - Shockwave:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/transformers-hall-of-fame---nominee-4-169648/

5FDP
7th May 2010, 05:02 PM
Gotta admit that I didn't see that one coming. Shockwave is a 'logical' choice though ;)

Hursticon
8th May 2010, 09:59 AM
From TFW2005, The Transformers Hall of Fame Nominee No.5 is Beastwars - Dinobot:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/beast-wars-2/transformers-hall-of-fame---nominee-5-169656/

Man, Soundwave - Shockwave - Dinobot, 3 awesome characters and only one vote, this sucks! :(

SilverDragon
8th May 2010, 02:30 PM
I'm torn between Dinobot and Grimlock. Why did my two favourite dinosaur Transformers have to get nominated together?

griffin
8th May 2010, 04:57 PM
Including a non-Gen1 (originating) character throws this open a bit, for the Beast Wars fans to unite behind. Still, a 'hall of fame' for 25 years worth of characters, only one isn't from the first two years.

SilverDragon
8th May 2010, 08:10 PM
Including a non-Gen1 (originating) character throws this open a bit, for the Beast Wars fans to unite behind. Still, a 'hall of fame' for 25 years worth of characters, only one isn't from the first two years.

I put that down to most of the characters people remember (and like) being from those first two years. While Hasbro picked the characters who were on the poll of who should be nominated, it was the fanbase that voted for them. Said fanbase picked what it felt were the ones who deserved Hall of Fame status, and those nominees were overwhelmingly from G1, regardless of what they did in that generation. What did Jazz do that distinguished him, aside from being the only black robot on Cybertron? He wasn't a leader, didn't have a particularly memorable personality (or voice), and to my memory didn't really do much anything special.

The same goes for Bumblebee. The problem I have with his automatic inclusion is that he effectivly vanished from the franchise from G2 until the movie (comics notwithstanding), and his recent popularity is the result of the movies.

griffin
8th May 2010, 08:37 PM
I agree on the sentiments of Bumblebee - if this is for specific characters from a series, and not a character by name, then Gen1 Bumblebee is hardly a top-5 character. Bumblebee would only be an obvious choice if this were paying tribute to a name over the quarter century of TFs.

tinyJazz
9th May 2010, 05:50 AM
What did Jazz do that distinguished him, aside from being the only black robot on Cybertron? He wasn't a leader, didn't have a particularly memorable personality (or voice), and to my memory didn't really do much anything special.

This is true, Jazz is hardly seen doing much of anything, except for that one time he punched Bludgeon in the face and told him to "eat floor" (or perhaps it was "dig floor"? I can't remember.)

Maybe they just put it down to him being "head of special ops" and thus away on top secret missions, which in actuallity probably involve sitting in front of teletraan-1 eating crisps and playing DDOS games. Therefore explaining his surprising absence from desicive battles in the G1 era. Hey! At least he didn't get shot in the head by Scrapper! Wow, what loser Autobot lets that happen?

But in all seriousness, I disagree with you on the other points... I think in terms of character it probably is his personality that people like most, because it is distinct. That's why he most likely got nominated.
Also, he's stylish. so. So there you go...and that is all I will say because I am probably being totally biased here :C

GoktimusPrime
9th May 2010, 09:23 AM
What did Jazz do that distinguished him, aside from being the only black robot on Cybertron? He wasn't a leader, didn't have a particularly memorable personality (or voice), and to my memory didn't really do much anything special.

+ Jazz and Sideswipe rescued humans from Sherman Dam from a structurally compromised Sherman Dam.
+ Jazz formed the alliance between the Autobots and G.B. Blackrock.
+ Jazz was involved in the Dinobot hunt.
+ Jazz was a combatant inTarget: 2006.
+ Jazz was a combatant in the Underbase Saga where he was mortally wounded.
+ Jazz was rebuilt as a Pretender and helped to fight the Decepticon Sports Car Patrol - at the end of the battle Ratchet and Megatron were assumed KIA.
+ Jazz and the other Autobot Classic Pretenders significantly assisted the Autobot resistance on Cybertron - all quickly being hailed as heroes (and thus becoming targets for assassination by Decepticons)
+ The attempt to assassinate the Classics Pretenders accidentally led them to the discovery of PRIMUS! During the battle Primus was awoken and his scream alerted Unicron who then proceeded toward Cybertron.
+ Jazz was part of the Matrix Quest - it was his team who successfully found the Matrix (only to have lost it to Thunderwing, who admitted that their team put up a noble struggle).
+ Jazz was a combatant in the battle against Unicron.
+ In an alternate universe, Jazz was part of an Autobot-human resistance in New York against Galvatron and his Decepticons. They were instrumental in halting the rest of the world from launching nuclear strikes at New York.
+ Jazz was also involved in the now splinter continuity Earthforce Saga.
+ Jazz also fought in Transformers: Generation 2.

And that's just some of what he did in the comics alone. Click here (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jazz_%28G1%29) to read more. :)

Personality-wise he stands out as being the one who loves Earthen pop-culture and attempts to adopt it. Hence his Afro-American mannerisms.