PDA

View Full Version : TF Animated Ep13 - headmaster

The_Damned
16th March 2008, 02:19 PM
just watched it thought it was pretty cool had enough of the geek speak by the end of the episode though

Robzy
16th March 2008, 03:26 PM
A nice Bulkhead episode (finally!!!! :rolleyes:)

This explains the Headmaster gimmick on the Leader class Bulkhead figure (or should we say Bulkheadmaster) ;)

Gutsman Heavy
16th March 2008, 03:39 PM
Total Ownage.

benben2142
16th March 2008, 03:49 PM
This Episode is one of the crappest animated Episodes out, it is so terribly and I thought they would include new characters!

Gutsman Heavy
16th March 2008, 04:07 PM
they did, the HEADMASTER! not a bot but a new character. Plus he transformed!

Plus G1 trailer for prime? sweet.

The_Damned
16th March 2008, 04:22 PM
yea loved the g1 trailer

MV75
16th March 2008, 05:34 PM
Great ep.

I liked the rock 'em sock 'em robots and the prime trailer. :)

Oh, and the galactus look-a-like head. :D
________
Yamaha Fz6 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_FZ6)

Paulbot
16th March 2008, 07:42 PM
I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a scene at the end with Megatron watching all this with interest. Given that's he just a head looking for a body I though he might get some inspiration from this villain. Maybe that's still to come?

MV75
16th March 2008, 07:57 PM
Yea, I briefly thought of megatron too, I mean, the whole end bit where the head had its own body too should have gotten his full attention. :)
________
Yamaha tdr 250 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_TDR_250)

Pulse
16th March 2008, 10:25 PM
Honestly, it wasn't my favourite episode. The G1 tie-ins were pretty good (Prime's trailer, Carlee & Daniel) but I'm pretty sick of these human villains. I'd much rather see the bots fighting a con any day of the week.

Tober
17th March 2008, 02:15 AM
This Episode is one of the crappest animated Episodes out, it is so terribly and I thought they would include new characters!

pwned

goro
17th March 2008, 08:55 AM
episode was pretty weak...

but loved the G1 fan wanks... ownage... total ownage...

and loved the G1 prime trailer. Did anyone notice the 'mass shifting' as byt he end of the episode the trailer had just dissapeared

iceburn
17th March 2008, 09:07 AM
ohhh i can't wait to see them all

i_amtrunks
17th March 2008, 10:12 AM
Loved the episode, it wasnt the best, but it was still very good.

Headmaster and Meltdown have been 2 very good human villains, I'm sure the Decepticons will use them to good effect later on in the season.

Bulkhead has had plenty of character development time now, but still needs a backstory, I'm sure that he and Bumblebee will have both their backstories fleshed out in the same episode in the future.

Interestingly Bulkhead was not upgraded by the Headmaster at all, instead the Headmaster unit itself was upgraded.

Lots of funny one liners from Bulkhead, a slightly less annoying Bumblebee, Sarri using her key only when needed, use of Ratchet, Prowl and Fanzone and a good human villain makes this a great episode in my book.

MV75
17th March 2008, 11:36 AM
Yea, I really like Cpt Fanzone, he's becoming even better every episode he's in.

And even though I've always liked sari, (I think bulkhead's advice about the keys usage has finally got to her), she's also becoming even more likeable as these episodes go on, and bumblebee was surprisingly good this episode too, and that says a lot as he's on the very bottom of my "characters I like" list. :)
________
Tiger Blood (http://winningentrepreneur.com/)

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2008, 04:42 PM
...nearly fell asleep watching this episode. (-_-)

Things I liked about this episode:

+ A few nice G1 tributes/homages including the appearance of Daniel, Prime's G1-style trailer, the way that the Headmaster piloted from inside the head unit (like the Nebulans from Rebirth) and also how the head unit could transform into an exo-suit/armour. Bumblebee's reference to Bulkhead losing his body that's the size of a "planet" could be interpreted as a reference to Unicron :p

+ Sari not using the key to simply shut down the fusion reactor. I appreciate that the writers chose not to take the easy way out to solve the story's end complication.

Things I disliked about this episode:

+ Humour was way over-done such as Bumblebee playing around with Bulkhead's head, and especially the Headmaster's attempt at looking like a "1337 h4xX0r!z1" was forced and way overdone and he ended up looking like a "1337 suxX0rz" (-_-) South Park's World of Warcraft played this joke better with Cartman's single line of, "Looks like you're about to get p0wn'd!"
(Video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFikzpUPDI8) <--Parental Discretion Advised)

+ The secondary plot line of Bulkhead discovering art was a nice concept, but it became too dominant and in the middle of the story over-dominated the primary plot-line of the Headmaster.

+ Bulkhead was still sorely underdeveloped in this story and is still more caricature than character. I'm sorry but discovering art didn't really change much about his persona - it just served as a plot device that was needed later to resolve the story (i.e.: creating the robot). It didn't seem to have changed his character though - there was no substantial character evolution. This is different from say when Prowl was developed from being a loner into becoming a team-player, or when Bumblebee learnt that patience is a virtue, or when Sari learnt to stop being so selfish and stop treating the key as a play toy. In order for a character to develop they need to learn some life lesson, usually via the story's plot complication and events leading to its resolution. Bulkhead's acquisition of art didn't seem to teach him any really valuable character-changing life lesson. His sculptures were created by accident rather than acquired skill... so it's not as if he's learnt to stop being a clumsy brute during this. In fact, the sub-plot where Bulkhead is trying to create art entirely showed him being a clumsy oaf. He only finally started creating something when he was working with Bumblebee and later when his head was stuck onto a smaller robot's body. The story's resolution did not finish giving me the impression that Bulkhead had seriously begun moving on from being a clumsy brute... (-_-)

With Bulkhead as the central character in this story it would've been an ideal opportunity for writers to actually further develop this character, but IMO they dropped the ball.

autobreadticon
22nd March 2008, 05:57 PM
it was a fun episode, i really like the play of emotions , done best by using bulkhead similar to the soundwave episode. Good use of 'head' gags that did not overdo it. overall the episodes keep on getting better and better

STL
28th March 2008, 11:37 AM
It was okay. Not stellar but the dialogue really frustrated me. I mean, scientists really talk like that? The long, drawn out art sequences bored me too. I'm actually flipping between tasks now when watching. It's a function of how busy I am and how much I don't care too much for Animated.

I don't mind Bulkhead. I think he's okay and his level of intelligence explains why he's not on the Cybertron front lines but part of a space bridge repair crew. He's simple but great to have around.

I like Captain Fanzone, the police captain). Really growing on me.

Headmaster himself I would give a good whack if he were a real person. Damn annoying.

The trailer was great. As was Daniel sulking up.

The lack of Megatron definitely hurted too.

Soundwarp
8th June 2008, 11:36 AM
I'm in the middle of watching it right now.

LOVED the G1 Prime hommage with the trailer!!!!!!