PDA

View Full Version : Returning Cast News - Transformers 3 *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

5FDP
8th April 2010, 12:16 PM
*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Reported on TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/julie-white-and-kevin-dunn-reprise-their-roles-for-transformers-3-169471/), Julie White and Kevin Dunn reprise their roles for Transformers 3 as Sam's parents.

*face palms*

I was dreading this news but somehow I am not surprised.

In my opinion, a step in the right direction would have been removing them from the plot altogether and at the most, just making reference to them as living in another state - perhaps retired in Florida.

These two characters add no value at all :mad:

1AZRAEL1
8th April 2010, 12:25 PM
I disagree, I think they were good, and quite enjoyed the laughs they gave me.

Hursticon
8th April 2010, 12:49 PM
I'd have to agree with 1AZRAEL1 on this one, as they definitely bring the right level of comedy to the game as well as guidance for Sam.

I especially liked the part of ROTF when Sam's Mum got a little odd after the 'cookies' as the way she acted reminded me a lot of my own mother. :D

Gouki
8th April 2010, 01:04 PM
Awesome news.

MOAR CHOOF COOKIES PLS

Gutsman Heavy
8th April 2010, 01:17 PM
I liked the parents, in the first one anyway.

5FDP
8th April 2010, 01:19 PM
Obviously from my posting most can tell that I wasn't thrilled about their inclusion in the 3rd film. I just feel as though there is no need if the movies follow a natural progression in regards to the character development of Sam.

I didn't mind them in the first film - they sort of had to be there, but even my wife thought that there was no need for them to even be in the second and she loves the mother.

I guess I am hoping that this is not a prelude to more ass-slapping, vulgar jokes that had Hasbro seemingly jumping up and down about when all the bad press did the rounds after ROTF.

Hursticon
8th April 2010, 01:44 PM
Really?, it got bad press for that?, what two people in love and what not showing it physically?, I'm going to bite my tongue now before I break any rules but can I say this - you make a movie that is supposed to entertain people from a broad age base and complain when a couple do that sort of light-hearted thing?, if they're worried about the kids being affected that is just a joke, don't tell me people still tell their kids that a Stalk brought them into the world???.

Sorry guys, that's my rant for the day. :D

griffin
8th April 2010, 02:02 PM
I thought they were decent comedic relief. Better than Wheelie humping a leg or Devastator's wrecking balls...

1orion2many
8th April 2010, 02:10 PM
:oI hate to admit this but I actually enjoyed the mother on her cookies binge:D

1AZRAEL1
8th April 2010, 02:12 PM
:oI hate to admit this but I actually enjoyed the mother on her cookies binge:D

HA YOU DO LIKE IT :p;)

Was a funny scene that one. Funny when she tackled someone.

Vector Prime
8th April 2010, 06:57 PM
I think Sam's parents are great and I love the comedic relief they provide, however the third movie should put more emphasis on the TFs themselves... there was way too much human content in ROTF.

G1Optimal
9th April 2010, 07:47 AM
It is good news, to hear that they are back. :)

Kyle
9th April 2010, 09:17 AM
I like Sam's parents. :)

Hammerstorm
9th April 2010, 11:12 AM
Mojo should get more screen time go mojo GO!!!!
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070714095138/transformers/images/thumb/a/a6/Mojo.jpg/250px-Mojo.jpg

langzixinxin
29th April 2010, 12:28 AM
Mojo should get more screen time go mojo GO!!!!
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070714095138/transformers/images/thumb/a/a6/Mojo.jpg/250px-Mojo.jpg

There should be a protoform landing on earth and scanned mojo and called himself-------------weirdwolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1012/866223937_26b8ba704c.jpg

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th May 2010, 09:59 PM
I like the parents, but that cookies scene in ROTF was complete rubbish. I cringe when that bit comes up. They could have cut that out and had a shorter film with no-one being the wiser.

griffin
17th May 2010, 12:24 AM
I thought it was one of the better comedy scenes in the movie, but I did cringe at the extended version of that scene though (on the DVD extras).