PDA

View Full Version : BW Grimlock

SofaMan
9th April 2010, 02:09 PM
I don't usually do repaints, but my shelf of Grimlocks is staring at me accusingly, resenting me for their missing brother. I've fought it for over a decade, but will now cave in.

Anyone got a loose complete one they want to part with? :)

1orion2many
9th April 2010, 02:48 PM
:)This is one of the few BW figures I still need myself but I think they suffer from GPS:( also very expensive:(

SofaMan
9th April 2010, 05:04 PM
Well bugger. I may just have to tolerate the taunting of my existing Grimlocks. :cool:

Autocon
9th April 2010, 08:37 PM
:)This is one of the few BW figures I still need myself but I think they suffer from GPS:( also very expensive:(

GPS?

Paulbot
9th April 2010, 10:51 PM
GPS?

Gold Plastic Syndrome (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gold_Plastic_Syndrome)

GoktimusPrime
9th April 2010, 11:01 PM
The toy does indeed suffer from GPS. :( :( One part of one of my Grimlock's foot has snapped off and I bought a reissue Dinobot from Soundwarp hoping to salvage part of it to fix it -- only to discover that it's attached in a way that cannot be easily disassembled with a screwdriver. I could think of no other way to open up that leg, so I ended up selling off that Dinobot reissue to roller for a cheap price.

Anyway, the point of my story is that Grimlock does suffer from GPS, and it seems the most fragile part cannot be easily repaired. (T_T)

Just as well I already have like 3 other versions of the Dinobot mould (original Dinobot, Telemocha reissue and Hardhead) - I just wanted Grimlock for the same reason you do SofaMan. It just bugged me that I had all these other versions bar him. Well, now I'm missing Masterpiece Grimlock too, but hopefully Hasbro Australia will release him here. :)

SofaMan
9th April 2010, 11:32 PM
Well, now I'm missing Masterpiece Grimlock too, but hopefully Hasbro Australia will release him here. :)

Hehe, same. :D