PDA

View Full Version : Free Comic Book Day

Sam
10th April 2010, 10:17 PM
Saturday, 1st of May.

City stores most likely include King's Comics, and probably Kinokuniya.

Not sure about Comic Kingdom.

Anyone going to this?

Deceptic_Optic
10th April 2010, 10:35 PM
Saturday, 1st of May.

City stores most likely include King's Comics, and probably Kinokuniya.

Not sure about Comic Kingdom.

Anyone going to this?

o0o0o0o nice i might go? is this a sign for another sydney meet?

5FDP
10th April 2010, 10:45 PM
o0o0o0o nice i might go? is this a sign for another sydney meet?

Exactly the reason why I am going to pass on this. Three meet-ups in the space of just over a month is a bit much for me to handle... not to mention the wallet :(

liegeprime
11th April 2010, 08:52 AM
Exactly the reason why I am going to pass on this. Three meet-ups in the space of just over a month is a bit much for me to handle... not to mention the wallet :(

but its free :), meh I guess you get tired of our ugly mugs when seen too often hehehehe

griffin
16th April 2010, 06:44 PM
Is there a TFs comic again this year?

Sam
16th April 2010, 08:21 PM
Not sure if this is the page that shows you the comics you can get this year, if so, then TF isn't an offered title:
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comics.asp

Dkaris
16th April 2010, 09:48 PM
I would go to this, but i refuse to step foot in kings comics.

liegeprime
16th April 2010, 09:58 PM
I would go to this, but i refuse to step foot in kings comics.

Have someone else go in and grab you a free comic instead?:D

Dkaris
16th April 2010, 10:28 PM
Have someone else go in and grab you a free comic instead?:D

lol nah, i knew a guy who used to buy all the different spider man comics each week, he'd read them once then pass them on to me. i have like 10 years worth of spiderman comics. lol

GoktimusPrime
2nd May 2010, 10:59 AM
Gah! I forgot about this yesterday! :(

Deceptic_Optic
2nd May 2010, 11:05 AM

meh too :(

Sky Shadow
2nd May 2010, 11:10 AM

I remembered, but since I was working a 9am to 8pm shift, it was somewhat redundant. We had a meet on FCBD last year, didn't we? I recall that it worked quite well. Next year? :p

liegeprime
2nd May 2010, 12:42 PM
Sigh, I forgot about this as well. But then I wasnt (technically still do) feeling well. So I decided to stay in and sleep after taking a lot of tablets. I didnt wanna spread anything. Was there any Tf related comics free though?

Sky Shadow
2nd May 2010, 12:48 PM
Sigh, I forgot about this as well. But then I wasnt (technically still do) feeling well. So I decided to stay in and sleep after taking a lot of tablets. I didnt wanna spread anything. Was there any Tf related comics free though?

Not exactly, but there was a G.I. Joe one.

hotaru_oz
2nd May 2010, 02:02 PM
Travelled up to Adelaide yesterday despite being sick as a dog.
Managed to grab Sonic the Hedgehog, Ironman and Thor, Archie (for my mum), The Tick, Atomic Robo and Fraggle Rock/Mouse Guard.
I only went to Adelaide comic books centre and Pulp fiction comics, the other comic book place in Hindley street but the guy who owns the store is completely rude and we were pressed for time so I didn't bother.

liegeprime
2nd May 2010, 02:58 PM
So you were allowed to grab that many free comics Hotaru? hmmm how come the local comic shops here only says 3 per person ( well that was last years experience)....:( ah well I didnt get any coz I never went yesterday anyways...any DC free comics?

hotaru_oz
2nd May 2010, 06:25 PM
I was given one a week early when I picked up my comics I had on hold.
Adelaide comic book centre gave a away 3 per customer and Pulp fiction allowed 2

Lord_Zed
3rd May 2010, 01:01 PM
I was in the city anyway, so went to Kinokuniya and Kings, I don't think I've been to a free comic book day before, there was quite a lot of fanfare. Kinokuniya was pretty crazy, it looked like Supanova with lots of cosplayers, and even the staff were dressed up. The best part was there was a Dalek rolling around the place too. Yay! :D

I got the GI Joe comic, Iron man/Thor and Hellboy, the Joe one was the hilight as it's written by Larry Hama and set in the classic Joe comicverse.

Pretty much every shop in town that caters to nerdom had some sort of sale on too.

Robzy
3rd May 2010, 01:07 PM
lol - looks like the guys at the Adelaide Comic Centre had their hands full with being "real" super heroes. (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1047573/spiderman-jedi-knights-foil-thieves)

How cool is that.... being dressed up as Spider-Man and actually catching a thief! :D Awesome!! Totally Kick-ass!

1AZRAEL1
3rd May 2010, 01:33 PM
lol - looks like the guys at the Adelaide Comic Centre had their hands full with being "real" super heroes. (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1047573/spiderman-jedi-knights-foil-thieves)

How cool is that.... being dressed up as Spider-Man and actually catching a thief! :D Awesome!! Totally Kick-ass!

I read that haha. Awesome stuff.

GoktimusPrime
3rd May 2010, 06:39 PM
He quietly followed one of the guests at the event, who was suspiciously dressed in regular clothing,
This part I love. Suck that, mundaner!! :D

Anyway, if there weren't any TF comics then I'm not so upset at missing out then. :)

Tommy K
9th May 2010, 12:03 AM
loved it, went and did some stuff around the city with a mate of mine, had lots of fun, saw lord zed, had a quick chat and was on my way. ended up gettting some snacks from sugar fix, went to hobby co, kings comics, jb hi fi and kinokunya and spent over $200 the whole weekend, i saw hot tub time machine and iron man 2 the night before lol