PDA

View Full Version : Filing an eBay Unpaid Item Dispute

jaydisc
17th March 2008, 12:06 PM
Yo,

So, I put my Battle Damaged Protectobots (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190201770952) on eBay. They sold for a whopping $10.

For my eBay profile, my street address is:

Not relevant
Thornbury, VIC 3071

When the winner asked for a total, they also asked for my full address with which to send a money order to. I returned to them with a shipping quote and reminded them that money order was not an option. They used eBay checkout and choose for payment type "Other/see description" which I had made available as the description mentioned "Cash for pickup"

I never heard back from this person and have messaged them through eBay continuously.

SO...

The obvious thing now is to file an Unpaid Item Dispute. Now, the buyer has 0 feedback, and I really don't want to risk my currently perfect reputation. If they give me negative feedback, even though they have an unpaid dispute filed against them, that still sticks against my record, doesn't it?

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions here?

iceburn
17th March 2008, 12:13 PM
i would just advise ebay about the buyer and then claim back your ebay final value fee as buyer has not responded within the limited time frame

MV75
17th March 2008, 12:44 PM
Yea, and also do what I do, block those with zero or less feedback from bidding. :)
________
No2 vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/no2-vaporizer/)

Pulse
17th March 2008, 02:48 PM
Yea, and also do what I do, block those with zero or less feedback from bidding. :)

Yeah, but when we started we had zero feedback too. The guy sounds like a whack job & like you suggested, I'd file an Unpaid Item Dispute if I were you.

A massive contrast from our business transaction together. :o

griffin
17th March 2008, 04:26 PM
You could risk giving them negative feedback and if they give it in return, try to have it mutally withdrawn - but I'm not sure if the other person has to agree to the withdrawal as well (and they might not if they don't care).

autobreadticon
17th March 2008, 04:34 PM
dunt give feddback in case they give you -ve in return, just file a dispute in the ebay console.

Saintly
17th March 2008, 10:14 PM
like others have said, file dispute and try re-coup listing fee and final cost fee from ebay

roller
17th March 2008, 10:36 PM
jay

if you need to offload those protectorbots i will take them

jaydisc
17th March 2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks for your input everyone. I filed the dispute. I probably won't bother with the negative feedback. It serves little purpose. And all of my future auctions will require a minimum feedback... probably 5.

if you need to offload those protectorbots i will take them

Digger beat ya to it.

roller
18th March 2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for your input everyone. I filed the dispute. I probably won't bother with the negative feedback. It serves little purpose. And all of my future auctions will require a minimum feedback... probably 5.

Digger beat ya to it.

i'll let it slide this time, but next time you have any unwanted G1 you come to me first alright? pat on the shoulder