PDA

View Full Version : Am I being unreasonable?

liegeprime
13th April 2010, 01:01 AM
Firstly Id like to say Im a patient person. Also Ive had my share of being duped online ( im still angry when I remember being duped of a non arriving Overlord figure)

Here's my case I made an offer for this item and UK seller 1 accepted immediately
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250600588246&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Paid for it via Paypal on March 26, 2010. I then received an email the next day from this guy - Daniel Gray saying that if I could leave a feedback for him coz Paypal was putting my payment on hold since it was not BIN but payment thru best offer. He told me he'll refuse the payment and wont push thru with it since he wants to be sure he's gonna get his money for the item and he's not willing to send an item unpaid. Fair enough. I told him via email back that Ive never heard of such a holding of payment thing before? But If it will help in not holding the payment Im leaving a feedback since I want the item. I left a feedback the next day ( silly me shouldve picked a neutral instead of positive, grrr) Ive stated a questionable statement in that feedback though - "i can't wait to get my hands on this item"... because I had a bad feeling in my guts about all this "holding back paypal payment claim". Informed him and he then emailed back the next day (quick response ei?) that the hold has been off and paypal sent him that they stopped the hold on the funds - he supposedly " " the message he got from them to me - I should mention Ive kept all our email correspondence to each other as Im still wary and thought Id better coz in case I need to tell ebay or paypal or sumthingk. Says he's sending the item or to that effect..

I also made a purchase from another UK seller (seller 2) paid for this 2nd item 3 days after and there was a notice (when I won the item - BIN)that my item will be processed by April 1 because seller gave early notice he is away. Fair enough I paid late as well - 30th of March. I receive an email from this seller (2) on March 31st stating he's sorry for the delay he was on Easter holiday. I emailed back no worries Ebay has given a warning notice beforehand. He said he has sent my item next day (April 1) and it has arrived 1 week( well technically 6 days after) - April 7th to my surprise coz I was expecting the other item first to arrive way before this one.

I emailed Seller 1 after a few days, politely asking to please update me on status of my item - has it been posted yadda yadda. no reply. Not like when his funds didnt clear he was like my reply is here ASAP. ive sent him another email this time thru Ebay. No reply still. Its not the 12th, more than half a month already since Ive paid and Im getting no response. Ive got this sinking feeling Im being duped again of my cash... So I PMd him one more time tonight via ebay. Told him still civilly Im not going to be duped, if he wont give me the item , fine keep it, give me my money back. Then I went on Paypal and filed a dispute claim for non receipt of item.

So Am I being unreasonable? Coz I didnt wanna wait for too long ( say a month) and loose to paypal's bullshit excuse again of " aww you filed a claim too late its by so many days now we can't do anything anymore". But cmon its half a month of waiting, even with the holidays ( like that's an excuse, what are you, the pope? that your too busy on Easter) its far too long IMO. or am I just not as patient as I think, Ive had stuff from US come 2 weeks after but there was no precedent emails claiming your payment is being withheld unless you leave me feedback first and these ones arrive. this one no Hello or hi even with all the prompts and pms, I just dont know what to think anymore? Im just really dissapointed right now.:mad::mad:

Should I make an ebay claim as well besides the Paypal claim? To really get this guy to move. Coz Now that Ive read some of his later feedback's Im not the only one who didnt receive my item about 3 more out of 800+ feedback... well there is the recent one April 10 which stated he didnt get his item until I made a paypal claim ( which took him a month to get - and Im presuming he lives in UK as well). Which then prompted me to make my claim now instead of giving him another week. Sigh I really shouldve seen this beforehand ei?

DarkHyren
13th April 2010, 03:49 AM
if I could leave a feedback for him coz Paypal was putting my payment on hold since it was not BIN but payment thru best offer.I've won stuff through best offer before. Several time from different sellers worldwide.
I paid as usual, they sent out items, I got items. No mention of anything like this.

One time I made an order I forgot to leave feedback completely until nearly the day that the option to leave feedback expired, the seller didn't say anything about that at all.
And considering it was a $300 order and that it takes 2 months or so till you can't leave feedback, I'm sure they would have mentioned something during that time frame.

So all up, no I don't think you are being unreasonable, it sounds like that seller is either trying to rip people off or is doing something dodgey.
I mean, what better way to make sure you get a positive feedback then scaring people into it. (Well, other the actually providing good service and items...)

I say make whatever claims you can, ignoring that things take time to post, especially going via cheap postage methods.
Sellers arn't allowed to do things like that, I'm quite certain of that, it's part of the buyer protection thing.

Sure, there have been times when it has taken people a while to get back to me about things, so I know delays can happen, but the whole feedback thing just makes it all seem suspect.

dirge
13th April 2010, 07:29 AM
Report it. There's no excuse for a seller asking you to leave feedback before you could possibly have received the item.

Vector Prime
13th April 2010, 08:49 AM
You should have reported him to eBay for feedback extortion!

Once you leave feedback, you don't really have a leg to stand on if your item's not received.

A seller cannot leave you a negative, only a positive or neutral, so don't be worried about him leaving a negative for you.

That's a crock of s***t that your payment had not come through due to Best Offer.

The only time that a Paypal payment may be held is if it's paid via credit card and the seller is not registered to receive payment via that method (or is not verified).

I've bought from the same seller before, ages ago, and the item admittedly was slow to arrive.

I wasn't too fussed since if you pay via Paypal, you have 45 days (from date of payment) to lodge a non-receipt dispute.

Generally as a rule, I allow for approximately 7-14 days postage from the UK and 14-28 days from the US.

I don't even bother communicating with the seller and simply pay my money and wait.

If the item hasn't arrived by about the 40th day from when I made payment, I lodge a Paypal dispute.

Once it's filed, the seller has 7 days to respond, if they don't, then you can escalate to a claim to get your money back.

The handful of times that I have had to resort to this, Paypal has refunded payment in full within 5 days (generally the time they take to rule on a decision).

As long as you are clear and concise with your Paypal dispute/claim, they generally will rule in the buyer's favour (at least from what I have seen)

And finally to answer your question, no, I don't think you are being unreasonable liege, I just would have done it differently, but hey, you live and learn, right? :)

Guess you just have to sit and wait and see what the Paypal ruling is.

kup
13th April 2010, 09:53 AM
Opening a dispute was the right move. However you shouldn't of gone along with leaving feedback for an unreceived item. By paying through paypal, you have satisfied your end of the transaction until the item is in your hands.

I am currently in a dispute with a seller who I bought a Euro Overlord from but has stopped all contact. It's been a month and there is no item so I have opened a dispute.

The seller has very good feedback but looking deep into it I found a negative for a none arriving Overlord to another buyer. Was that you? The seller's name is eazy-lderzweite

liegeprime
13th April 2010, 12:00 PM
Opening a dispute was the right move. However you shouldn't of gone along with leaving feedback for an unreceived item. By paying through paypal, you have satisfied your end of the transaction until the item is in your hands.

I am currently in a dispute with a seller who I bought a Euro Overlord from but has stopped all contact. It's been a month and there is no item so I have opened a dispute.

The seller has very good feedback but looking deep into it I found a negative for a none arriving Overlord to another buyer. Was that you? The seller's name is eazy-lderzweite

Cant really remember the seller's name... I used my other Ebay account back then 4 years ago- different name. I stopped using that one when I got gipped of that Overlord and Ebay kept freezing my account for some reason and I wasnt able to bid on several TFs which made me miss a lot of items Im after. hence I made this one and stuck by it. The picture this seller used for Overlord had some SD gundams displayed with it. Bastard never communicated , but I was very new to ebay then so I didnt know of dodgy sellers. Thanks for the feedback/input guys. I at least know that I did the right thing.... As of now if he backs out on the deal, Im fine with it I just want my money back.:(

Deceptic_Optic
13th April 2010, 12:13 PM
bastards!:mad:

Hursticon
13th April 2010, 11:18 PM
Yes liege I too know your pain, unfortunately I left it too late to file a dispute with paypal and there was nothing I could do. The really annoying thing is that the item was only supposed to come from Nowra which is a 45 minute drive from where I live.

You've definitely done the right thing though and hopefully the seller in question is just really slow at sending things.

That's what I kept telling myself, 4 years later and Astrotrain still hasn't arrived... guessing he's somewhere around Jupiter? :(

langzixinxin
14th April 2010, 12:24 AM
hi here

1, I had "paypal withholding payment" thing once or twice I can't remember. This can be found in your paypal transaction details and further explanation can be given if you send email to paypal support.

2, no item, no feedback. If I were you, I would tell him "hey I have been working hard to get your payment arrive..blur blur blur" but don't mention giving him feedback before settle down.

3, One way to pushing seller to send item quickly that I usually do is, "Have you sent yet, coz according to ebay, you didn't mark it as POSTED". Use ebay practice against them.

4, (optional), have some conversation with ebay support about your concern about not receiving the item via email or online. create a "case number" for this issue, get some advice and leave some record in ebay system.

5, the last resort, in paypal, use refund function don't even bother talk to seller. just say "I didn't receive the item, please provide track number or other evidence of posting". So you forward the hot potato to seller. If he can't provide a link to a track number that saying something like "delivery to destination...", then paypal would favour you.

6, the seller did say "I will always reply the same day." on the description. and if he didn't do that all the time, use this against him.

hope it 'll help. :p

Sky Shadow
14th April 2010, 11:06 AM
It sounds dodgy to me. Nobody legitimate has any right or reason to ask you to post positive feedback before you've received the item. Do whatever you can to get the item or your money back.

GoktimusPrime
14th April 2010, 11:15 AM
Nobody legitimate has any right or reason to ask you to post positive feedback before you've received the item.
Can you imagine if that happened anywhere else?

e.g.:
+ A restauranteer asking "How's your meal?" before it's been served to you
+ A teacher asking students what they thought of the lesson before teaching it
+ A poll asking what you thought of a politician's performance before they were sworn into office
etc.

TakaraTOMY only allows you to access their online survey by entering a toy's individual JAN Code, which comes printed on a small slip of paper _inside_ the toy packaging (i.e.: you need to have acquired the product first in order to access the feedback survey!).

Sky Shadow
14th April 2010, 12:58 PM
Can you imagine if that happened anywhere else?

e.g.:
+ A restauranteer asking "How's your meal?" before it's been served to you
+ A teacher asking students what they thought of the lesson before teaching it.

"Well if history's anything to go by, sir, it's going to suck." :p

bruticus
14th April 2010, 01:45 PM
err..
im not siding with the seller here...cos i also reckon asking for feedback in advance sounds pretty dodgy...but what postage option did you pay for?

ive bought an item from ebay UK about a month back which was sent via regular air mail and it took 27 days to arrive and there wasnt any major public holidays during that time either!!!

On the upside, if the seller does not have any proof of postage cos it was not registered, then theres no reason why paypal wont favour your claim.

d*r*j*
14th April 2010, 02:03 PM
ive bought an item from ebay UK about a month back which was sent via regular air mail and it took 27 days to arrive and there wasnt any major public holidays during that time either!!!

I'm pretty sure that the UK postal system was on strike during the later part of last year... but even during good times mail generally takes longer from the UK than the US.

On the upside, if the seller does not have any proof of postage cos it was not registered, then theres no reason why paypal wont favour your claim.

Isn't positive feedback proof that the item has arrived and the transaction has been completed?

Vector Prime
14th April 2010, 02:07 PM
... but even during good times mail generally takes longer from the UK than the US.

I find that it's quite the opposite for me... anytime I purchase something from the UK, I normally receive it within 7-10 days whereas most of my purchases from the US, take 14+ days

(this is based upon comparing regular mail, not express postage services or anything)

5FDP
14th April 2010, 02:18 PM
I would have to agree that generally parcels from the UK take longer to arrive than from the US. Quite often it 'detours' via Germany to get here whereas parcels from the US usually come direct.

That's just my experience of course.

kup
14th April 2010, 03:08 PM
I actually had stuff from the UK and Europe arrive generally quicker than the US. However there have been a few incidents in which a US purchase arrives within a week after payment. Although generally speaking, I had European toys arrive quicker, none have been as quick as the US exceptions.

d*r*j*
14th April 2010, 06:45 PM
Generally parcels from the US, sent first class, get to me in about a week.

liegeprime
14th April 2010, 10:58 PM
okay so just an update

He replied to my Paypal dispute. sheesh you have to open a dispute just to get a freakin response? Im balcklisting this bastard off :mad::mad:

here's basically the correspondence - copy pasted from the paypal system
I still have up to May 3 to escalate this if we dont reach amicable settlement which for me would either be - give me my money back or I receive my item BEFORE end of this month.
As Ive mentioned earlier, Ive purchased a different item/different UK seller item about the same time I bought his item - 2nd item was shipped April 1 - arrived April 7 - seller was even apologetic coz he was away ( but there is an Ebay Notice posted clearly on his item description saying seller is away for holidays til April 1 so I wasnt worried at all - there was due notice beforehand. and seller kept communicating and even told me when he posted the item. SO iwas basing it from this one coz seller 1 had like a full 4 days ahead of seller 2 to have "posted" it, yet it hasnt arrived til now and suddenly all communication just stopped until I had to open this Paypal dispute....

NOw on to our correspondence via Paypal system ....
From Buyer -
13/04/2010 00:21 AEST
Hi Ive emailed you and sent messages via Ebay but receive not one reply. You were quick to reply when you claimed that Paypal was holding back the payment but have received no word since for a simple update. I have received an item bought/paid much later from ebay from the UK as well, it has arrived a week ago already , while this item I havent even a clue as you have seem to have vanished without any trace or reply . Ive kept all our email correspondence so if paypal wants to see time frame wise I have been reasonably patient. Im not falling for late dispute raising again because of being too patient, that happened to me before here in Paypal and losing hard earned money is no joke. If you wont give me the item then give me my money back. Good day!
From Seller - Daniel Gray
13/04/2010 04:54 AEST
Hahaha I know something like this would happen I was told this was a high risk transaction so I have the tracking details all nice and safe in my draw at work I will post up tomorrow
From Seller - Daniel Gray
14/04/2010 04:49 AEST
I made a mistake my bad, I had put the item to one side as you know due to the payment problem and I thought I had posted it, I post so many items a week I just assumed it went but it didnt I still have it here and will have it posted recorded asap. again sorry Daniel
From Buyer -
14/04/2010 09:29 AEST
I would like postage details please. As its easy to say its posted but without any proof, I still have squat.. Assuming its sent.

See how dodgy huis replies are, Im just fuming right now :mad::mad::mad:

Hursticon
15th April 2010, 01:28 AM
I don't doubt you fuming right now Liege, as dodgy is putting it quite lightly.

At any rate mate, you can rest assured knowing that you have dotted every 'i' and crossed every 't' and have been nothing but patient in the wake of 'due process'.

I would escalate the dispute to a claim immediately if you receive no reply after 24 hours after your last communicae.

I wish you the best of luck mate.

liegeprime
15th April 2010, 01:34 AM
Thanks man. Im giving him til near end of this month and if I dont get any replies and item does not arrive.. Im making a Paypal claim, he's full of B%$#@%t but Im keeping it civil. Bad manners does not become me. I will adding his name and username name (ebay) to the llist we have here on sellers to AVOID like a plague. Just need to dig up that old thread....

Hursticon
15th April 2010, 01:44 AM
Thanks man. Im giving him til near end of this month and if I dont get any replies and item does not arrive.. Im making a Paypal claim, he's full of B%$#@%t but Im keeping it civil. Bad manners does not become me. I will adding his name and username name (ebay) to the llist we have here on sellers to AVOID like a plague. Just need to dig up that old thread....

I was going to say, I haven't seen that thread yet, sounds like something worth checking out.

I agree with you though, 'Bad Manners' will certainly not help the situation, from what you've shown you've been nothing but calm, stern and 'to the point'.

That'll definitely work in your favour in Paypal's eyes. :D

griffin
15th April 2010, 02:17 AM
When I'm the buyer, my policy with feedback has always been to never give feedback before the seller. Feedback is meant to be about what each party is responsible for - buyer is responsible for payment, while the seller is responsible for shipping the item. As such, logically the buyer always earns feedback first (payment comes before shipping/receiving the item). Any seller who refuses to give feedback first, is not honouring the feedback system (each party must give honest feedback, without conditions). But we have sellers who get their money, but will only give feedback after the buyer gives feedback first.

Before the current system was brought in, I only had about 5% of sellers leave me feedback (some would harass me for it, and then refuse to 'take the chance' of giving it to me first, despite me earning it first). Now the ratio is about half, but I don't buy as much on ebay anymore, so my rating would have been 10 times what it is now if this new system had always been in place.

And for the record, as a seller, I always left feedback to all of my buyers.

5FDP
15th April 2010, 08:54 AM
I guess that's one way to look at it and you have some very valid points Griffin.

I use the opposite approach and leave feedback after a buyer does so for me. I state this in my auctions as one of the terms of sale using the reason that it notifies me that the item(s) have been received and in the condition expected.

Obviously I would expect a buyer to contact me anyway if there are issues rather than just holding-off on giving feedback, but in my opinion, as a seller, I do much more than the buyer during the course of the transaction e.g. regular comms, posting and packing, marking the parcel as sent etc.

This system has worked for me in the past, but as you stated there will always be a percentage of people that simply just don't leave feedback.

There is also a useful Ebay article for people to read on 'who leaves feedback first (http://reviews.ebay.com/Who-Should-Leave-Feedback-First_W0QQugidZ10000000004688841)'.

Below are some excerpts -

...the first feedback comment depends on who has the last task. The last task is proudly held by the Buyer.

To ensure all parties are represented equally in the feedback system, the buyer should leave feedback first in the transaction once the item is received and meets his or her expectations. It is then the seller should leave his / her feedback after seeing the buyer both paid in a reasonable amount of time and the buyer was kind and worked with the seller on any kinks that may have come up.

TheHandsomeCrab
15th April 2010, 09:09 AM
The buyer is responsible for payment and for letting the seller know the item has arrived, they're happy with it, no problems etc. That's when the transaction is over, and when both parties should leave feedback regardless of whether the other has, although it makes sense for the buyer to do so first, because it lets the seller know they've got the item okay at the same time. Kinda reinforced by the fact that anyone who uses Selling Manager Pro can automate feedback so it's left for buyers as soon as they leave feedback for the seller.

Anyway, Leige: The paypal holding money bit does happen, usually only to new sellers, but I'm guessing they did it with this guy because he's had some unfavourable feedback lately. Pretty clear why they do it now, hey? The guy sounds like a prat though, shame you can't leave neg feedback now but I'll PM you a suggestion of how to roger him all the same.

1AZRAEL1
15th April 2010, 09:29 AM
Man, sounds like you are having a tough time of this. If I were you, I would give him the benefit of the doubt, for now, and if your item does not arrive in the next 2 weeks, then escalate it. I know how it feels to be duped. I lost out on Fort Max and $500-600 a number of years ago. That really annoyed the hell outta me, so I know how you would be feeling man.

kup
15th April 2010, 09:43 AM
At least your guy is replying to the dispute. My guy has completely gone MIA and his deadline for a reply was today.

liegeprime
15th April 2010, 10:42 AM
At least your guy is replying to the dispute. My guy has completely gone MIA and his deadline for a reply was today.

Well Im guessing he thought he made a clean getaway with his scheme and planned of doing the same as your seller is doing now, but he obviously forgot I can still go after him where it hurts - in his bank account! and Another strike I guess in Paypal records. THC I guess yeah that wuld be a reason why Paypal deemed the transaction - high risk , .... for me the buyer but not for him. But Im still thinking this "excuse" he's claiming is bull coz I NEVER received a notice from Paypal. if it were to be withheld Paypal would have surely notified me by email as well that my payment has problems and it hasnt gone thru... but all I get from them(paypal ) was your receipt here it is, it s completed ... so Obviously its not my end which has fault. This guy's trying to screw with me. Well, he'll learn.:mad:

1AZRAEL1
15th April 2010, 10:44 AM
Make him pay, then he will learn to not to screw people over (maybe not, but at least you can get your way :D) and make you feel better if you either get the toy or the money back.

canofwhoopass_87
15th April 2010, 01:59 PM
Yeh he sounds dodgy. His excuses / sad attempt at "playing dumb" would be enough for me to warrant an escalation to a paypal claim. Just buy it somewhere else. As for the feedback, can't you retract the positive hit and leave negative? I think you can request it to be changed or modified can't you?

Also, on a side note; looking at your sig liege...in my eyes you can't complete G1 until you have bomb bursts left shoulder pad! The time I've spent trying to help you find one is starting to make me think even I need this missing part for my own collection...and I don't even have any of the pretenders :p

1AZRAEL1
15th April 2010, 02:04 PM
Also, on a side note; looking at your sig liege...in my eyes you can't complete G1 until you have bomb bursts left shoulder pad! The time I've spent trying to help you find one is starting to make me think even I need this missing part for my own collection...and I don't even have any of the pretenders :p

Let me tell ya, took me ages to get both shoulder pads as well. I got one, then took ages to find the other.

liegeprime
15th April 2010, 03:00 PM
Let me tell ya, took me ages to get both shoulder pads as well. I got one, then took ages to find the other.

You shouldve told me, Ive got a spare one - right one that is, its the stupid left one that keeps evading my grasp.... well at least you got it now.

Whoopy if I can't get the other shoulder pad Ill prolly settle to buying a whole new complete one. After all, what am I going to spend my alloted TF money for if there's nothing out there I want to buy anyways?:p;) ON a side note if your going to order again at Robotic... I would like those Wreckgar accessories set now. One is on its way without all the accessories:o I know Shouldve done it earlier but I was hoping Id get a complete one but for $8 wreckgar figure why not ei?:) Ironic I have to spendmore than triple the amount for the accessories though

kup
15th April 2010, 03:10 PM
Personally, I would escalated now. If you receive the item, you can always close the claim.

I escalated my guy 4 days after he didn't reply to the dispute email.

Zippo
15th April 2010, 05:24 PM
Reminds me of the item dispute I had years ago with a seller in England over a complete Apeface. I paid, item never arrived, no emails and the dispute was won in my favor but could never be paid out.

I found out a few months down the track from a person in the USA that the person had actually died (he was a well known person at the website Transformers @ The Moon)

valkyrie_76
15th April 2010, 05:38 PM
I actually had stuff from the UK and Europe arrive generally quicker than the US. However there have been a few incidents in which a US purchase arrives within a week after payment. Although generally speaking, I had European toys arrive quicker, none have been as quick as the US exceptions.

I recently had a parcel come from the UK at it only took around 5 days (no express postage, just normal airmail) while my parcel from over east took longer.

And I just picked up a parcel now which was sent on the 18/03 from the Netherlands and arrived yesterday, I guess its all up the the postal deity:D

liegeprime
16th April 2010, 05:24 PM
Well he's starting to communicate again but really has a nerve to even ask a favor.:mad:

Received in email yesterday also attached in it is a receipt for the postage and I quote...

"Hi it has now been posted the tracking number is RJ331144864GB

I have also attached a copy of the receipt of postage,

It would do me a huge favor if you could close the dispute but I totally understand if you dont want to,

sorry for all the inconvenience

Daniel"

But Im not closing it til I get my item, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me:mad:

Hursticon
16th April 2010, 05:35 PM
Oh man, dude I hope you didn't hit anything when you read that? coz man I know I would've been damn close to doing so.

Fancy asking you to close the dispute? Really? I mean what the hell?.

At least it would seem that you should be getting the item in the near future but even still, being that all flights to and from England and most of Europe are grounded, hopefully the item arrives for you before the dispute period ends.

Fingers crossed all goes well for you Liege.

Sky Shadow
16th April 2010, 06:17 PM
But Im not closing it til I get my item, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me:mad:

No, don't close the dispute, but - on the positive side - at least your Slicer is (probably) on its way. :)

DarkHyren
16th April 2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I mean sure it's understandable that he want's his money (because now it actually is being held), but still for all anyone knows he just wants you to close it because once it's closed you have no protection and he gets the money...
Definately don't close the case until after you get the Slicer (or worst case, a refund).

liegeprime
16th April 2010, 06:34 PM
That message was left in my email, not in Paypal. I havent gone to paypal website yet, as I have no intention of closing it until I get the figure. I shouldve put in my reply to that email actually:o

I replied.

"The dispute will be closed onc e i truly have received the figure."

and this is by email, not via Paypal system. so as far as the dispute claim is concerned its still on...thanks for your concern guys... we really have to resurrect and sticky that ebay seller blacklist thing. so that if any potential seller is trying to get in would see it and have something to think about before he plots on any member of this group...

Hursticon
16th April 2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by liegeprime: we really have to resurrect and sticky that ebay seller blacklist thing. so that if any potential seller is trying to get in would see it and have something to think about before he plots on any member of this group...

I highly Recommend and Second this motion.

liegeprime
29th April 2010, 12:28 AM
How do you track a package thru Auspost? coz Ive received a tracking number from him and checked thru Royal mail - as per Royal mail's system

"Your item, posted on 15/04/10 with reference RJ331144864GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA. "

So I then go to Auspost to check where it is in their system, and I can't find how to track an item ( which has a valid tracking number at that) FROM Overseas. it only has a tracking system fro packages coming from Australia going overseas...

Anybody know how to track where it is using auspost system? Please help...:(

the tracking number is above. As much as this guy pissed me bad, if he really has posted the item it would be unfair if I escalate it for non receipt still ( the deadline is May 3) would it? Coz After May 3 I really wouldnt have no more claim and the case would automatically be closed as if nothing happened and i wont be getting my money back.....this is such a bothersome transaction. I really hate this...

1orion2many
29th April 2010, 12:54 AM
I normally find they don't seem to show up on the Australia post site until it's virtually at your doorstep:rolleyes:

liegeprime
29th April 2010, 12:58 AM
I normally find they don't seem to show up on the Australia post site until it's virtually at your doorstep:rolleyes:

Oh dear, now this is a dilemma for me, do I escalate when he obviously posted ... or not and miss out ( lose my money if the item never arrives) sigh...... I better check with my local post tomorrow for all I know its been sitting there and no one has it delivered, coz I really am wondering why its taking so long for this particular item to arrive.. as Ive mentioned Ive had item from UK arrive generally in a week. :(:(

DarkHyren
29th April 2010, 01:15 AM
Oh dear, now this is a dilemma for me, do I escalate when he obviously posted ... or not and miss out ( lose my money if the item never arrives) sigh...... I better check with my local post tomorrow for all I know its been sitting there and no one has it delivered
Normally all tracking is done on the site located in the country of origin.
Seems royal mail is a fair bit less detailed then other post sites like HK or USA.
Definately check the post office, but if it isn't there and if it doesn't arrive beforehand, escalate the dispute on May 2nd/3rd.
It doesn't really matter that he sent something, until you have it I wouldn't close the dispute because it isn't resolved.
You can state in the escalated claim that you're doing so because the package hasn't arrived yet.
Just let the seller know that you understand that mail from the UK and Europe has been delayed recently due to volcanic ash disrupting the mail, but you still have to keep yourself covered.

1AZRAEL1
29th April 2010, 09:11 AM
Really hope you get it dude.

But I did check on Royal Mail's website and it does state this

Your item, posted on 15/04/10 with reference RJ331144864GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA.

When did he say he actually sent it? He could have given you a dodgy reference ID or one that he has used recently. Ask him the date he sent it off. Still, I'd say to be on the safe side to still make a claim if it doesn't turn up in the next few days.

liegeprime
29th April 2010, 09:54 AM
Wheeew, finaaaaally after the long wait, SLicer has arrived! I was stepping out of my house when the postie van stopped in front and handed to me ( signed item delivery) the box which has him in. Item finally , finally on hand. This is an experience which I care not to repeat, Thanks for all your support and inputs guys! I have closed the dispute claim in Paypal immediately after item inspection ( ive posted it in our Aqcui thread as well) - complete, very good condition, electronics still working very well.:):)

1AZRAEL1
29th April 2010, 10:00 AM
Really glad to hear it mate, a good end to a trying transaction. And I am a little jealous you now own a complete Slicer :p

DarkHyren
29th April 2010, 11:33 AM
Well that's good at least. Enjoy your Slicer, hope he was worth the hassles for you :p

liegeprime
29th April 2010, 02:01 PM
Yup I will , thanks man, Ill bring him as well on the upcoming Parra Fair for you to see - he's not much, but damn this thing cost me more than just money, investment wise...;)

kaiden
29th April 2010, 02:16 PM
Track your Express Courier International External Link and Express Post International External Link items here. To track more than one item at a time, go to our multiple item tracking page External Link. For any further enquiries, please e-mail us External Link or call 1800 007 678.

one time i ordered from amiami.com EMS shipping and for some reason it was taking longer than was expected (10 days?) so i called up Auspost and they said the package was actually on its way to being sent back!

they enquired further and apparently the person who had mailed it had wrote my address very badly so they didn't know where to deliver it. they had to call it back in and fix the address to me and then i got it 2 days later.

informed amiami about how unhappy i was with it and they ended up refunding my postage costs.

tips :

if you feel like there's something wrong with what a seller is telling you, than it most likely is. so do what you must to get the proper tracking info.

once tracking info has been provided, delivery is out of the hands of the seller, so be sure to remember that and if there's a delay, phone up auspost and ask them.

always be aware of how many days you have to file a dispute.

only pay with paypal for ebay and only ebay. paypal will do nothing to get your money back from anything other than ebay - this is from experience.

canofwhoopass_87
29th April 2010, 03:21 PM
How do you track a package thru Auspost? coz Ive received a tracking number from him and checked thru Royal mail - as per Royal mail's system

"Your item, posted on 15/04/10 with reference RJ331144864GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA. "

So I then go to Auspost to check where it is in their system, and I can't find how to track an item ( which has a valid tracking number at that) FROM Overseas. it only has a tracking system fro packages coming from Australia going overseas...

Anybody know how to track where it is using auspost system? Please help...:(

the tracking number is above. As much as this guy pissed me bad, if he really has posted the item it would be unfair if I escalate it for non receipt still ( the deadline is May 3) would it? Coz After May 3 I really wouldnt have no more claim and the case would automatically be closed as if nothing happened and i wont be getting my money back.....this is such a bothersome transaction. I really hate this...

Great to hear the stuff finally arrived! Just for future reference, the UK post tracking system is very basic. It will only update two or three times once the parcel has been dropped off at a UK post office. You can also track UK packages using ausposts website (copy and paste the ID into the registered post tracking space) and it should show results. In my experience though, results will only display on ausposts website once the package is in the hands of a local courier

Saintly
29th April 2010, 03:41 PM
one time i ordered from amiami.com EMS shipping and for some reason it was taking longer than was expected (10 days?) so i called up Auspost and they said the package was actually on its way to being sent back!

they enquired further and apparently the person who had mailed it had wrote my address very badly so they didn't know where to deliver it. they had to call it back in and fix the address to me and then i got it 2 days later.

informed amiami about how unhappy i was with it and they ended up refunding my postage costs.

AmiAmi now uses typed export documentation for EMS, not sure about SAL. But I guess they have changed their method last time you ordered.

kaiden
29th April 2010, 10:11 PM
AmiAmi now uses typed export documentation for EMS, not sure about SAL. But I guess they have changed their method last time you ordered.

Yeah, my latest order from them arrived today and on time too. But alost every box inside had some damage to them >_<
they were packed so badly...