PDA

View Full Version : Autobots in Sydney?

kup
17th March 2008, 06:18 PM
While driving down Victoria road on my way home from work, I noticed a Cybertronian right in front of me at the light!

http://www.geocities.com/wow_frostwolf/17032008.jpg

Anyone here 'own' this Autobot?:D

Pulse
17th March 2008, 06:37 PM
Sorry, can't say it's mine but I've seen a heap of cars lately with bot/con symbols. Is this all to do with the movie? How many of these people are true TF people & how many are jumping on the band wagon?

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2008, 07:37 PM
This has been happening for several years now, before the movie came out. I wonder how many of them are real Transformer fans and how many just stick TF logos on their car just for the sheer heck of it. At the last school I worked at I had a colleague who drove his son's car to school for a few weeks while his was in service or something, and it had a Decepticon insignia on the bonnet. I asked him if his son was a Transformer fan and he said no. (o_O)

I've actually yet to meet a Transfan who's had a TF logo stenciled onto his/her car. I've had stickers... that's about it.

kup
17th March 2008, 07:56 PM
Well its the first time I have seen it. I didn't know this was widespread.

Borgeman
17th March 2008, 08:08 PM
Well its the first time I have seen it. I didn't know this was widespread.

lol? they are EVERYWHERE down here, id see one say once a week, not two mention two little old decals on my vehicle :P

George

Saintly
17th March 2008, 09:05 PM
that's a mighty big logo! i've only seen small ones on fuel lids and car insignia size... but never something that big!

Thanatos
17th March 2008, 09:26 PM
I see these regularly, but not that big. That particular one feels very Ironhide :P

roller
17th March 2008, 09:27 PM
in Sydney i saw a van with autobot and decepticon logos

ive also seen recently the barricade slogan on some black cars

dirge
17th March 2008, 10:20 PM
What's an Autobot?

iceburn
17th March 2008, 10:37 PM
auto = automatic
bot = robot

put together autoromaticbot

Paulbot
18th March 2008, 08:33 AM
What's an Autobot?

Autonomous Robotic Lifeforms from the planet Cybertron. But you can call them Autobots for short.

optimus1
18th March 2008, 09:10 AM
I got a TF themed number plate!

I also have 3 Autobot insignias from when I was over in the Philippines (red, white and black) but cant decide which to use on my car (its a silver Lancer) and where to place it.

Any ideas where? They are a little big for my fuel lid, so am thinking to put it on the back window or on a side/rear panel

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2008, 09:42 AM
Autonomous Robotic Lifeforms from the planet Cybertron. But you can call them Autobots for short.

Autonomous robotic organisms *nerd.snort*

Or "Super Robot Lifeforms" in Japan. :D *snortsnort*

i_amtrunks
18th March 2008, 10:02 AM
I see these regularly, but not that big. That particular one feels very Ironhide :P

Same here.

A bloke round the corner used to own a Green Soft-top Jeep and had the Autobot Logo on the bonnet, ala Hound.

Been seeing a lot of Movie style stickers of late, I think Parklea markets must sell them cheap.

turtle boy
18th March 2008, 06:59 PM
The truck that I drive at work has an Autobot logo on it, you know them little plastic bases you get with the 3' titanium figures

i_amtrunks
19th March 2008, 08:13 AM
Well for those in the Blacktown area, keep your eyes peeled for a terrible driver in a lowered lemon yellow Suburu sportscar (not a WRX) with license plates: BUMBLB.

I mainly warn you because the guy is one of those idiots with the blue tint headlights who cannot stick to driving in a single lane, and is likely to drive you off the road.

GoktimusPrime
19th March 2008, 09:23 AM
In that case he should've customised his number plate as SWERVE. ;p

bassbot
19th March 2008, 02:29 PM
i'm in Quakers Hill, saw BUMBLB once and concur with his driving ability assessment....

I'm planning on getting a stencil done on my car, the movie autobot logo goes with my metallic black car the most so i'm going for that. my wife's already said yes, just gotta be bothered now..