PDA

View Full Version : Postage Transit Times

Hursticon
15th April 2010, 01:23 AM
G'day guys,

Could anyone one possibly inform me, or at least give me a rough Guestimate :D, as to a packages transit duration if it were to be sent from Taiwan to Australia?.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

liegeprime
15th April 2010, 01:29 AM
Well Ive had stuff come from Hongkong to Australia took about 12 days, not sure if its gonna be the same, prolly, just a guestimate :D

Hursticon
15th April 2010, 01:39 AM
Cheers Liege,

I thought this thread might be useful to those who aren't used to ordering things from foreign countries, at least those that aren't the US and UK anyway. :D

Vector Prime
15th April 2010, 01:43 AM
Depends on the shipping method... I've only ordered something once from Taiwan a couple of years ago, from recollection, it was a small parcel and it took about 3 weeks to get here (if I recall correctly?) :o

Why do you ask? Issues with something you bought off an eBay seller?

Hursticon
15th April 2010, 01:50 AM
No, not issues yet, just that I've bought a 'lot' of Classics figures that are coming from Taiwan, via Airmail I believe, and I am just curious as to how long it normally takes.

I know that Taiwan is geographically closer to Aus than say the UK or US but whether their postage system is similar or not I myself just don't know.

You are right though Vector, it is indeed from eBay. :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th April 2010, 12:19 AM
Odd things happen in te post though. I bought 3 books off of a seller on the marketplace from Amazon US site. They posted them in 2 packs. 1 arrived about a week and a half ago, the other pack only arraived today.

All up, just over a month for them to get here. The one that arrived today came via FRANKFURT (!):eek: Seller based in Indianopolous....

Mr Ed
20th April 2010, 05:44 PM
I bought from Robotkingdom on Sunday and received it on the Friday.

From Hong Long via EMS Express.

gamblor916
20th April 2010, 07:41 PM
Gah I have stuff coming from the UK. Who knows when thats going to arrive.

Gutsman Heavy
20th April 2010, 08:07 PM
When my UK parcel arrives I'll let ya know the elapsed days/weeks/months/years/ice ages.

Hursticon
22nd April 2010, 10:39 AM
Well, my Classics 'lot' arrived today in great condition from Taiwan and it took just over a week to arrive of which I'm really pleased with.

Now to see how long a couple of things take to arrive from the U.K...

:mad: Stupid Volcano :mad:

1orion2many
22nd April 2010, 10:53 AM
UK- about 7-14 days, Hong Kong 5-14 days , Japan 7-14 days, U.S.A-7-56 days, Malaysia-7-14 days. All these numbers depend on posting type and customs not holding onto your goods for inspection;):)

1AZRAEL1
22nd April 2010, 11:05 AM
UK- about 7-14 days. All these numbers depend on posting type and customs not holding onto your goods for inspection;):)

And the fact that there is alot of ash in the air, no planes flying ;)

Paulbot
22nd April 2010, 11:05 AM
I hadn't even considered that the volcano would hold up postage on TFs for our collectors.

1orion2many
22nd April 2010, 01:50 PM
:)It wouldn't if Powerglide was delivering it:D

1AZRAEL1
22nd April 2010, 02:00 PM
:)It wouldn't if Powerglide was delivering it:D

And away we go :D

BigTransformerTrev
6th February 2020, 12:36 PM
I thought my package from BBTS in the US was taking longer than usual. Did a search on AusPost and nothing. Did a search on USPS and it's currently in Auckland awaiting shipping.

No wonder its taking longer than usual if they have sent it from the US to Australia but via New Zealand :rolleyes:

Sinnertwin
6th February 2020, 12:46 PM
Did you just resurrect a 10 year old thread?
Did I just contribute to it?