PDA

View Full Version : IDW Prowl Spotlight 5-page preview.

i_amtrunks
20th April 2010, 10:23 AM
A long time waiting, with little said about Spotlight Prowl, but the 5 page preview is up now:
http://www.bzzurkk.com/content.php/421-Transformers-Prowl-and-Wreckers-Previews

Covers are of Prowl standing before two of the USA's most recognisable tourist attractions, and is set between AHM and Ongoing #1.

Call me a negative nancy, but the blurb:
Learn of his change of heart and its impact on his actions in the ongoing series.
Sounds to me like we have yet another character who has gotten a spotlight to try and cover why he is so different from his prior IDW appearances (particularly Roche's work in the AMH Coda). :rolleyes:

Lord_Zed
20th April 2010, 01:15 PM
Your scepticism is not missplaced, by my count Prowl went from:

Proud By the book strategist and officer in the -ation series.

Strategic schemer in the awesome Nick Roche coda story.

Downspirited wuss in AHM.

To compassionate goody two shoes in Ongoing.

I guess he had a personal crisis and found Primus, there we go no Spotlight necesary.

I wonder if his change of heart will be as unconvincing as Perceptors.

Zippo
20th April 2010, 06:23 PM
I need to start reading these comics in order to try and figure out what the hell has been going on.

kup
21st April 2010, 04:23 PM
I need to start reading these comics in order to try and figure out what the hell has been going on.

Aside from Wreckers - Not much :(

Sky Shadow
22nd April 2010, 09:59 AM

Unfortunately, reading the comics only adds to the wonderment of what the Hell is going on. ;)

klystron
22nd April 2010, 10:53 AM
that makes me feel better -- i thought i was the only one who didn't know what the hell was going on.

Sam
22nd April 2010, 07:08 PM
Is this supposed to come out this week? I was at Phantom Zone (Parramatta store) today but they said shipment has been delayed.

Paulbot
22nd April 2010, 07:24 PM
It's out in Melbourne. Love the art in this. Different to his previous style, much blockier inks... but IMO it looks great.

i_amtrunks
23rd April 2010, 10:27 AM
Is this supposed to come out this week? I was at Phantom Zone (Parramatta store) today but they said shipment has been delayed.

Phantomzone are always terrible at getting items on shelves. I always find that you have to go in after lunch Friday, and sometimes Saturday to get the non Marvel/DC new releases.

SMHFConvoy
24th April 2010, 03:49 PM
It's out in Melbourne. Love the art in this. Different to his previous style, much blockier inks... but IMO it looks great.

Yeah it's really nice, a cross between Mignola's Hellboy and Transformers Animated.

Phantomzone are always terrible at getting items on shelves. I always find that you have to go in after lunch Friday, and sometimes Saturday to get the non Marvel/DC new releases.

What are you talking about? PZ Parra always has it's stock on Thursday like everyone else. You sound like it should just magically appear on the shelf as soon as it lands. Shipment was delayed this week because flights in the northern hemisphere reopened and passengers take priority. The shipment arrived today.

Sam
24th April 2010, 07:46 PM

Actually that has not been true of my experiences so far with PhantomZone, I've been going there for quite some time now (working in Parramatta for the past four years or so) and can only recall a handful of times when the shipment was delayed.

But perhaps you were referring to the Chatswood store?

GoktimusPrime
24th April 2010, 09:34 PM
I've been buying TF comics from Phantom Zone Parramatta for 20 years and have very seldomly had orders delayed. The most annoying was when G1 US#79 got delayed, so I ended up reading #78, 80 then 79!! Needless to say that the announcement at the end of #79 that the next issue would be the final issue of Transformers came as not surprise to me by time I read it! And it took them aaaages to track down #79 too. During that time I started making a fan-fic comic trying to fill in the gap between #78 and #80 myself... it was pretty whacky. But I submitted it for a school assignment and won an award for it. :D Unfortunately I've since lost that comic book I drew. :(

Anyway, I went there today and picked up Spotlight: Prowl as well as the latest issues of Nefarious and the Last Stand of the Wreckers. :)