PDA

View Full Version : More Weapons ID Help!

Skullcruncher
30th April 2010, 03:26 PM
Hi Just a couple this time - both look like weapons for deluxe insecticons but they are different colours. Would these be beetra or whatever the pre-tfs versions are? I cant find any websites with info on their weapons.

Thanks!

5FDP
30th April 2010, 03:32 PM
You're right, the first one is definitely Ransack's weapon (http://www.tfu.info/1985/Decepticon/Ransack/ransack.htm) but it's a different colour :confused:

liegeprime
30th April 2010, 03:39 PM
yep Ransack and Barrage's - Beetra's version, though it may be of a KO as well. Ive seen well made KOs before, before they became more mass produced like now, thus diluting the "quality" in looking as good as the original.

Sky Shadow
30th April 2010, 03:48 PM
yep Ransack and Barrage's - Beetra's version, though it may be of a KO as well. Ive seen well made KOs before, before they became more mass produced like now, thus diluting the "quality" in looking as good as the original.

No - they're not Beetras weapons. Beet Gadol (Beetras Barrage) has a different-coloured gun, while there is no Beetras version of Ransack (Beet Vadam was never released as a toy).

These could be vaguely legitimate, as a company called Mark bought certain aspects of the Beetras moulds from Takatoku and then sold them to Select who made Convertors toys, but they're still not good-quality toys like Beetras or the Deluxe Insecticons. For all intents and purposes, I would say these are knockoff weapons.

liegeprime
30th April 2010, 04:32 PM
No - they're not Beetras weapons. Beet Gadol (Beetras Barrage) has a different-coloured gun, while there is no Beetras version of Ransack (Beet Vadam was never released as a toy).

These could be vaguely legitimate, as a company called Mark bought certain aspects of the Beetras moulds from Takatoku and then sold them to Select who made Convertors toys, but they're still not good-quality toys like Beetras or the Deluxe Insecticons. For all intents and purposes, I would say these are knockoff weapons.

Which would explain why Ive seen before ( in my childhood years) several versions of some of the Deluxe insecticons but being called something else and from different toy companies - Chop shop and Barrage in particular I remember seeing 2 versions, 2 variant color schemes too, both have either chinese or Japanese markings on the packaging, I cant remember clearly that much markings wise.

TheHandsomeCrab
1st May 2010, 12:14 AM
They're from Crawler and Morphus, from Select's Convertors. Smaller versions of Barrage and Ransack. Too small to be used with DX Insecticons, but a collector of Convertors would probably give you a few bucks for them as they're somewhat hard to find.

Check out http://www.toyarchive.com/Convertors/Insectors.html for the figures.

Skullcruncher
1st May 2010, 10:56 AM
Wow thanks everyone for their replies - looks like THC has nailed it!:)