PDA

View Full Version : RK: Powercore Combiners Bombshock

Vector Prime
30th April 2010, 02:54 PM
Loose set available for sale for $32.00USD at RK (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=PCC001&lang=us&CatID=41) for those interested in it. :rolleyes:

http://www.robotkingdom.com/images/products/thumb/PCC001.jpg

langzixinxin
30th April 2010, 03:24 PM
oh, cool, another set that bypassed QC procedure.

fatbot
30th April 2010, 03:25 PM
cheers brother, bought & paid for.

Vector Prime
30th April 2010, 03:28 PM
oh, cool, another set that bypassed QC procedure.

What makes you think that just because it's sold loose that it's bypassed quality control procedures? :rolleyes:

Some of the stuff that comes out of MISB/MOSC packaging can hardly be seen as having undergone rigorous QC procedures either... :cool:

cheers brother, bought & paid for.

No worries G... maybe you can speculate on the 'QC' of these loose figures seeing as you bought Seaspray recently? Care to share?

liegeprime
30th April 2010, 03:36 PM
What makes you think that just because it's sold loose that it's bypassed quality control procedures? :rolleyes:

Some of the stuff that comes out of MISB/MOSC packaging can hardly be seen as having undergone rigorous QC procedures either... :cool:

No worries G... maybe you can speculate on the 'QC' of these loose figures seeing as you bought Seaspray recently? Care to share?

would you be able to bring it at the Parra Fair fatbot? Id like to have a play and gander if its not much of a hassle...

and yeah loose or not, the state of the toys QC today is debatable. Even MISB/MISC toys released from Hasbro has some flaws in some of em. So much for their claim of "strict quality control measures". :D Which is why 3rd party garage kit makers are flourishing, they often have better quality control since they produce limited numbers....

1orion2many
30th April 2010, 04:20 PM
:)Monkey not Truk, well that's what it looks like to me:D, Optimal Optimus skinny twin brother:p:D

fatbot
30th April 2010, 05:04 PM

Seaspray is really good, nice and tight, an interesting transformation and the paint is good.

I still don't know if i'm coming to the next fair, my roster hasn't been done yet.

griffin
30th April 2010, 06:25 PM

I think it is more mis-translation here. He's probably referring to the control procedures checking to make sure stuff isn't taken out of the factory, not Quality Control in terms of the checking of each toy.

Vector Prime
1st May 2010, 08:06 AM
I think it is more mis-translation here. He's probably referring to the control procedures checking to make sure stuff isn't taken out of the factory, not Quality Control in terms of the checking of each toy.

Maybe, but as he posted here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=161772&postcount=1) in another thread, maybe he didn't mean that at all:

1, factory stocks came out of factory before official release, probably bypassing necessary quality control procedure.

Seaspray is really good, nice and tight, an interesting transformation and the paint is good.

Good to hear mate... post a report here when you get Bombshock (or possibly, even write a review?)

Soundwarp
1st May 2010, 08:17 AM
W T H ?

MV75
1st May 2010, 10:36 AM
What's the sizes on these again? Scouts with legend limbs right?

Actually, they would be deluxe with scout limbs for the detail?

langzixinxin
1st May 2010, 11:47 AM

For an example, the factory made 100 seasprays in last round, and during the QC, 10 of them already failed, then this round would be considered failure. But out of the rest of 90, there are some good ones some bad ones. It is impossible to fail 100%. Then some of them will be shipped out, sold in bulk, then examined by sellers to make sure "they look good" and dump the faulty ones.

As a result, they are *looking good* but out of the *failure round*;). QC is usually a sampling check procedure, so not all will be examined.

I don't buy loose figure at all, but if you look at RK's seaspray pic on their sale page carefully, you should already see some scratch on the head.

But different people have different standard on toy quality. So in some sellers perspective, they might think they are selling loose figure as doing a great favour for you by selling cheaper and earlier.

You can't compare the one in kmart and a loose figure, but if you compare 100 boxes from kmart and 100 loose figure, I am pretty sure the statistic difference will become clear. :)

fatbot
1st May 2010, 11:04 PM
For an example, the factory made 100 seasprays in last round, and during the QC, 10 of them already failed, then this round would be considered failure. But out of the rest of 90, there are some good ones some bad ones. It is impossible to fail 100%. Then some of them will be shipped out, sold in bulk, then examined by sellers to make sure "they look good" and dump the faulty ones.

As a result, they are *looking good* but out of the *failure round*;). QC is usually a sampling check procedure, so not all will be examined.

I don't buy loose figure at all, but if you look at RK's seaspray pic on their sale page carefully, you should already see some scratch on the head.

But different people have different standard on toy quality. So in some sellers perspective, they might think they are selling loose figure as doing a great favour for you by selling cheaper and earlier.

You can't compare the one in kmart and a loose figure, but if you compare 100 boxes from kmart and 100 loose figure, I am pretty sure the statistic difference will become clear. :)

After reading your post, i had a good look at Seaspray, I didn't find any QC problems at all. It's most likely been stolen from the factory, not rejected because of poor QC.

griffin
1st May 2010, 11:56 PM
Rejected or not, the toys are still taken without authorisation (stolen).

And I would expect greater defects for a toy to be rejected, considering what gets packaged and sold...