PDA

View Full Version : KO ROTF FABs

christalcase
6th May 2010, 08:38 PM
So tonight while walking around, I found these KO ROTF FABs (noticed them coz they had different packaging that I hadn't seen before), I didn't have my phone on me so I couldn't take a picture.

So these FABs were in a box packaging similar to the Starscream or Defender Optimus Prime robot mode boxes that had appeared recently, these KO FABs I had seen were Megatron, Jolt and Long Haul, at first I got fooled and thought it was new packaging but on closer inspection the names were like "Destroyer" and "The Justice", and the back had other FABs (Bumblebee and Jolt, or Megatron and Long Haul with their proper names), it seemed legit if you didnt know what the normal FAB packaging looked like, and used the full Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen logo, but I didn't check if it had the Hasbro logos.

I saw them at a newsagent in Calamvale Central, Brisbane, Queensland, selling for $14.95 each on a display, hopefully someone might get a picture since I'm not going there anytime soon

5FDP
6th May 2010, 09:32 PM
KO FABs have been around for a while now and in various packaging. The only good thing (and I stress - the only good thing) is that they can be easily identified.

Below is KO FAB Longhaul.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8815/fabu.jpg

christalcase
6th May 2010, 09:37 PM
oh but this one for me was very realistic,it was nothing like the picture you had posted, I even thought it was an official one after handling and inspecting the box (it was fully in english as well), the only thing that distinguished it as a KO was the name

5FDP
6th May 2010, 09:41 PM
Interesting... I'd love to see pics of them when you are able to.

christalcase
6th May 2010, 09:47 PM
Interesting... I'd love to see pics of them when you are able to.

ye I would have liked to take a pic as well, to see what you guys think, coz I have seen some very obvious KO's before, but this was the first time for me that I saw some that was in realistic packaging, but too bad it was a one off thing for me getting there tonight

1orion2many
7th May 2010, 09:34 AM
:confused:Why would people bother with these, they are rubbish anyway:p:D

Deceptic_Optic
7th May 2010, 09:59 AM
+1 :D:p

Stompy
10th May 2010, 12:24 PM
I saw the same ones you are talking about christal. It was a while ago but I took a photo since the box was a good replica. It was with my old phone, so the quality ain't the best. The box can be deceptive. They are small about half the size of a standard Voyager box.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/StompBrother/KOFAB.jpg

griffin
10th May 2010, 11:19 PM
Those ARE bad... At least odd coloured, odd packaged KOs don't fool parents or kids, but those could easily pass as legit product, right down to the packaging. Those are the sort of things I'd report to someone if I knew it would make a difference.
(customs and police go after counterfeit CDs, DVDs, etc, but would never go after toys :( )

5FDP
11th May 2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I think this is the first time I have seen obvious KO's in misplaced reproduction packaging, unlike most G1 KO's which replicate both the toy and associated cardbacks / boxes.