PDA

View Full Version : IDW Ironhide #1 preview

griffin
11th May 2010, 12:23 PM
Should be out this week, the first issue of IDW's new Ironhide series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=5154&disp=table

During the Great War on Cybertron, one of the Autobots’ fallen heroes was Optimus Prime's best friend—IRONHIDE. What does that have to do with the fate of the planet today? Find out in this all-new miniseries by TRANSFORMERS writer Mike Costa and the phenomenal Casey Coller. You didn't really think his death was just some stunt with no ramifications, did you?

(Is this the new format for character 'Spotlights' now - several issues instead of one?)

1orion2many
11th May 2010, 02:49 PM
:)WOOHOO:D

liegeprime
11th May 2010, 04:23 PM
And soon he shall be dead again in the game thread mwahahahahah. Well lets hope the story is good, coz the spotlights are frankly getting duller and duller.. like the last one - prowl, ugh, almost same boat as Mirage's spotlight.... meh soso

Sky Shadow
11th May 2010, 06:52 PM
Pretty art. Ridiculously decompressed writing - five pages in and... Prime has gone around the corner.

i_amtrunks
12th May 2010, 12:38 AM
Lovely to see Casey Coller on the art duties. But it is yet another art style, Prime is in his classics body for sure.

Looks slow, like the Bumblebee mini was. Although this is either setting up for how bad a** Ironhide is, or showing him half dead and getting rebuilt or something.

And I think more than a few of us may guess the end of this mini, just from the first page... if it is what I am thinking... lame. :rolleyes:

Sam
12th May 2010, 10:21 PM
Art looks nice, hopefully the story is good as well.