PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance.

turtle boy
14th May 2010, 12:13 AM
Ok, this problem I have, has got me really $ hitty. I have just moved out of a flat with a so called mate. Now, whats happened is, he threw out my skateboard, it's gone, I'll never see it again.

Now, it(the board) was snapped. But the hardware(trucks, wheels etc) they were all still in really good condition, The wheels had been ridden 3 times at max. The graphics hadn't even worn off them. Bearings still frightened me when I got to top speed, so nothing wrong with them either..

I paid $240 for the trucks, wheels, bearings, nuts and bolts.

My question is, should he be paying for them, or am I at a loss.

SkyWarp91
14th May 2010, 12:30 AM
Well if it is YOUR item and HE threw it out, then he should pay for it.

But will he pay for it? If not, then eat everything in the fridge so he can starve $240 worth of food.

turtle boy
14th May 2010, 12:32 AM
Well if it is YOUR item and HE threw it out, then he should pay for it.

But will he pay for it? If not, then eat everything in the fridge so he can starve $240 worth of food.

He has no food, He's a bong head.

SkyWarp91
14th May 2010, 12:35 AM
Make him pay up then, or you can consistently nag to him for the rest of his life that he threw away your $240 worth of accessories ;)

Nagging will bring any man down to his knees...

turtle boy
14th May 2010, 12:39 AM
Nagging will bring any man down to his knees...

Lol thanks man, anyone have any other advice they can add?

GoktimusPrime
14th May 2010, 07:47 PM
He can pay up or move out. Maybe you can arrange to have him pay you in installments if he can't afford to pay $240 outright.

I'd look for a new flatmate if I were you.

1orion2many
14th May 2010, 08:44 PM
:confused:Um I think Turtle Boy has already moved Gok. If he was a mate he'd replace your stuff for being an idiot, are you sure he threw it out and didn't give it to another mate who wanted the trucks and so forth? I don't think there really is anything you can do, I'd just give him a wide berth as it'll be more time out of your life than what the aggravation is worth.;)

turtle boy
15th May 2010, 12:00 AM
:confused:Um I think Turtle Boy has already moved Gok. If he was a mate he'd replace your stuff for being an idiot, are you sure he threw it out and didn't give it to another mate who wanted the trucks and so forth? I don't think there really is anything you can do, I'd just give him a wide berth as it'll be more time out of your life than what the aggravation is worth.;)

Problem is mate, I need the money, He has no other mates that skate, only me. And I don't really care how much time it takes, I'll get what I'm entitled to, if he thinks he's going to get away with it, I've got news for him. I don't let anyone walk over me, that goes double for little stoners like him.

kup
15th May 2010, 01:11 AM
Why would your friend throw out something that isn't his? It doesn't matter if its broken or not - It's not his property.

turtle boy
15th May 2010, 01:37 AM
Why would your friend throw out something that isn't his? It doesn't matter if its broken or not - It's not his property.

Like I said, he smokes way to much weed, he doesn't think of anything apart from getting his fix.

kup
15th May 2010, 09:16 AM
Like I said, he smokes way to much weed, he doesn't think of anything apart from getting his fix.

Bad idea to move in with him then - He should compensate you as he did throw away your property.

turtle boy
15th May 2010, 02:54 PM
Bad idea to move in with him then.

Before I moved in with him, he did seem to have a grip on his life and what he wanted, although he did still smoke, but he then moved out of home and in to the place with me. After the lack of perental supervision or guidence(he's not even 20 yet) he just went over board.