PDA

View Full Version : Halo Megablocks

MV75
14th May 2010, 02:32 PM
Anyone else see these yet? I just noticed them today at bigw and bought this one:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l186/mv75/Image0098.jpg

Only $14 too. They had some smaller sets and a large tank set as well.

Dkaris
15th May 2010, 06:33 PM
we have loads of them at work, we have the one you got, a red one, a silver ODST trooper. then the vegicles we have the pelican, scorpion tank and i think we had some smaller sets like the warthog and ghost

SamLoi888
15th May 2010, 06:57 PM
I got the Warthog.

MV75
15th May 2010, 10:30 PM
I put it together today, pretty cool figure. I think I'm going to collect these. Novel idea on using magnets for the sockets too.

griffin
15th May 2010, 11:08 PM
Saw them at Toyfair, but the Mega-blocks people wouldn't let me take any pics.
I was really impressed by the range and detail, especially since I used to think of Mega-blocks as just a poor imitation of Lego. Now their price and product range make them a serious competitor.

kaiden
15th May 2010, 11:20 PM
I prefer the Master Chief/Warthog - Custom Transformer

MV75
16th May 2010, 12:03 AM
Saw them at Toyfair, but the Mega-blocks people wouldn't let me take any pics.
I was really impressed by the range and detail, especially since I used to think of Mega-blocks as just a poor imitation of Lego. Now their price and product range make them a serious competitor.

Yea, they're pretty cool looking. They do have their downside though in being that they don't have as wide range of movement due to the magnetic sockets, and they tend to fall apart easily, (from the sockets, but to be fair, it's just the shoulders, head and waist). The hips, hands and feet are ball sockets, and it has has bendable elbows/knees. But once posed, they look great. According to the box there should be five of these spartans, and at $14 each, why not? :)

MV75
21st May 2010, 08:21 PM
Well I picked up the rest today, bar 20677, they didn't have any of that one.

MV75
11th June 2010, 05:55 PM
Saw and got two more today, two new flamer units, white and red. Still no sign of '77 though, I wonder how to get it?

Stompy
11th June 2010, 11:15 PM
The Mega Blokes (sic) Halo mini-figs are awesome. Highly articulated with shoulder ball joints, elbow joint and wrist articulation. The heads on a ball joint, waist articulation, thigh and knees. Pretty awesome for a minifig the size of a Lego minifig. I was thoroughly impressed.

The quality of their actual "blocks" though are terrible.

MV75
12th June 2010, 07:54 AM
Was that the little 4 pack with the two spartans and the 2 monsters?

Stompy
12th June 2010, 10:48 AM
Yes it is MV. Or any set with the minifig.

MV75
15th June 2010, 03:47 PM
About time I posted a picture of the troops.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l186/mv75/Image0104.jpg

They've taken command of the top of my book case.

Lint
25th June 2010, 01:56 AM
I bought the warthog set as a present for my little cousin today. He's into car-type toys and the family is into Halo in general. It was a toss-up between that and the turret playset, so I hope I made the right choice.

Dkaris
27th August 2010, 07:10 PM
Really want to pick up the UNSC hawk or pelican from this series.

SkyWarp91
3rd April 2011, 03:00 AM
Anyone spotted the Covenant Wraith set intoy stores yet? My local TRU just started stocking the UNSC Pelican, it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STL
3rd July 2011, 04:06 PM
Ah ha! Found the thread!

Thought there might be one. So, anyone got any recommendations this is Toy Sale season? The Pelican is the one I'm itching to get. The other is the battlefield set which I could not only use for Halo but TFs as well. I'd EASILY buy 10 of those. But I have no idea when they'll be out here. Anyone know?