PDA

View Full Version : Alan Tudyk joins TF3 cast

SofaMan
14th May 2010, 08:57 PM
and Shia promises a better movie than TF2 (http://www.fusedfilm.com/2010/05/shia-lebeouf-promises-better-movie-for-transformers-3-alan-tudyk-joins-the-cast). Since as we all know, it is entirely up to him. :rolleyes:

I found this statement curious:

Ehren Krueger wrote the script for this new film but that was heavily consulted on by Spielberg and Bay this time around aiming for a more character driven film with less robots.

Sure, TF2 had way too many unnecessary robots, but selling a film about giant transforming robots on the basis that it now has less robots and more humans seems a little peculiar. I hope some of the character development they're talking about actually involves the robots, and not just more human crap. Although there are now some pretty awesome actors in this thing, and Alan Tudyk is Made of Win. :cool:

5FDP
14th May 2010, 11:45 PM
What is puzzling to me is that Spielberg, Bay, and Krueger don't seem to understand that you can have a character driven story with just robots. That's the beauty of Transformers; they've had personalities since day one.

Gutsman Heavy
15th May 2010, 03:23 PM
Leaf on the wind...

Sky Shadow
15th May 2010, 07:38 PM
Ehren Krueger wrote the script for this new film but that was heavily consulted on by Spielberg and Bay this time around aiming for a more character driven film with less robots.

Do they mean fewer robots or do they mean what they're saying: "less robots"? The former would potentially be a good thing. The latter is unequivocally bad for any Transformers film.

GoktimusPrime
17th May 2010, 09:38 AM
they need to remember to regard the Transformers themselves as characters and not set pieces. (-_-)

I mean other than Bumblebee and Optimus Prime!