PDA

View Full Version : BotCon registration is finally up (for attendees)

fatbot
19th May 2010, 08:36 AM
registration is up, go get em boys!

iceburn
19th May 2010, 08:53 AM
REGISTERATION FOR BOTCON is up!
http://www.eventman.com/login.cfm?eid=20

griffin
19th May 2010, 09:15 AM
For those going, you'd better hop to it. I just registered and was given invoice number 1298. Not everyone would be ordering a boxset, but there are only 400 loose sets.

And for those not going, make sure you read the terms and conditions first:
http://www.botcon.com/BotCon10/BotCon-terms.html
Specifically, this bit that I wasn't aware of (have they required people to fax in photocopies of you id/cc in previous years?)

NON-ATTENDING REGISTRATIONS
Non-Attending BotCon convention sets will be shipped signature required. FedEx calls their service "direct signature required" and USPS calls their service "signature confirmation service". These "Signature" services ensure that our customer's merchandise is being delivered to them and not left unattended on a porch or doorway. These items will ship 3-4 weeks after the conclusion of that year’s BotCon.
INTERNATIONAL NON-ATTENDING REGISTRATIONS
Fun Publications, Inc. realizes that collectibles have worldwide appeal. We ship anywhere that the United States Postal Service or FedEx delivers. However, there are restrictions. Upon your first order, you will need to fax us a copy of your credit card, front and back as well as photo identification, which shows your signature to 817-448-9843. If a credit card transaction is made through our site without the fax confirmation of your identity, we reserve the right to CANCEL THE ORDER less the online service fee and $25 per package cancellation fee.
We ship international orders via Express Mail with the USPS or FedEx International Economy. We are required to declare the full value of the products purchased on all customs paperwork. Fun Publications, Inc. is not responsible for any customs fees, taxes, tariffs, or other fees your local government may charge you for ordering items from the United States (note that these items are generally made in China, Japan, or Taiwan). Please check with your local government for tax rules in your country.

griffin
19th May 2010, 09:19 AM
BTW, it is impossible to read through everything within the 8 minute time limit, especially the 'conditions' you are asked to read before ticking to agree with.
So take care when you pre-register, and don't have any distractions (like TV or work).

(edit - looks like pre-registration only started about 3 hours ago (6.30am brisbane time), and the invoice numbers aren't a reliable count on how many have registered, as it looks like numbers started from 1000 - but now that it is just now approaching after-work hours in America, the bulk of registrations will occur in the next 4-5 hours)

kup
19th May 2010, 09:37 AM
Damn it - Based on the International Non Attending registration Terms my method for acquiring the toys has been ruined.

iceburn
19th May 2010, 09:37 AM
griffin,

Re: international non-attending registrations

the description did say "upon your first order". i believe if you've used the same creditcard with Funpub before and have already been ordering stuff from them... this process of faxing in your creditcard and photo identification is unnecessary.

however, i'm unsure; i guess it's safer to ask and it's just a week to go.
haha... being curious, i did try to registered for a non-attendee set but it says it's "not available" at the moment. lol

griffin
19th May 2010, 09:44 AM
I was in such a rush to order extra sets for others, I didn't think to print out the receipt... Here's hoping nothing else screws up and they tell people to bring a copy as the only way to prove they placed an order.

kup
19th May 2010, 09:51 AM
griffin,

Re: international non-attending registrations

the description did say "upon your first order". i believe if you've used the same creditcard with Funpub before and have already been ordering stuff from them... this process of faxing in your creditcard and photo identification is unnecessary.

however, i'm unsure; i guess it's safer to ask and it's just a week to go.
haha... being curious, i did try to registered for a non-attendee set but it says it's "not available" at the moment. lol

Where is the non Attendee option? I can't even find it so I don't even get to the 'Non Available' part.

griffin
19th May 2010, 09:58 AM
Apparently, the FunPub people didn't think about SSL security, and I didn't even notice. :(
Hopefully my credit card details were transmitted before someone devious found out and starts intercepting them. That'd really spoil things even more if registrants started having their accounts raided thanks to this.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/305013-botcon-2010-forms-up.html

kup
19th May 2010, 10:15 AM
Fun Pub seems super mediocre.

1AZRAEL1
19th May 2010, 10:25 AM
Also appears that alot of people are getting the same invoice number as others, doesn't sound good.

Edit: Forget that, sounds like a simple counting problem

Posted on TFW2005

OK People Listen up this is a small update I got from Brian at Fun Pub. I spoke to him about the concearns with duplicate invoice numbers. Per his information it is simple counting system that is awry. They don't mean anything!!! You can't tell if you first 100 from them!!! So don't go by your invoice numbers!!! Hope this answers some questions. You probably won't know until you get your confirmation paper work.

1orion2many
19th May 2010, 10:37 AM
Well I'm not doing a non-attendee registration now, giving away all that info and faxes of your license and credit card is screaming identity theft:cool:.
Yes I'm paranoid after having $1500 lifted from my credit card, yes I did get the money back but it's still the inconvenience of having to put in all the claims to the bank and not knowing if they'll honour the return of your money:rolleyes:

iceburn
19th May 2010, 10:55 AM
hahaha...oh no! failure

kup
19th May 2010, 02:04 PM
What are they clowns? Garage businesses are far more reliable than this.

jaydisc
19th May 2010, 08:23 PM
Apparently, the FunPub people didn't think about SSL security, and I didn't even notice.

The whole thing reeks of unprofessionalism. I'm so glad I'm not interested on this year's set. I hope they get their act together next year.

tinyJazz
20th May 2010, 03:33 AM
wow, that's kind of scary.

I was going to order myself a non-attending box set this year, but now I think I'll go with someone reliable and order an overpriced set when BBTS gets them.

MV75
20th May 2010, 11:13 AM
Funny how these big $ affairs happen right when the currency rate goes *boom*

griffin
20th May 2010, 11:36 AM
Yeah, dropped another US4c in the last 2 days, down to US84c. Four weeks ago when registration should have been up, it was US93c... :(
That's added AU$35 to the cost of a US$305 box set.

1AZRAEL1
20th May 2010, 04:36 PM
And it's only getting worse, its down to 82.56 US cents

kup
20th May 2010, 06:40 PM
And it's only getting worse, its down to 82.56 US cents

The low dollar is just the drop that spilled the glass for me. The International Credit card faxing and lack of security has really ruined my plans to get this set. The risk of identity theft for anyone who uses a credit card internationally is too much, specially if that person is helping someone else get a set.

1AZRAEL1
20th May 2010, 07:04 PM
Major bummer ay, I was thinking of jumping in somewhere, but I just don't have the funds now.

griffin
21st May 2010, 12:10 AM
I heard that it could bottom out at US77c, which will make it even more expensive for non-attendees ordering a boxset or chasing up the other toys after the convention.

5FDP
21st May 2010, 11:28 AM
... which is why I'll wait until the mass Hasbro release e.g. Generations Thrust ;) :D

1AZRAEL1
21st May 2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, dropped another US4c in the last 2 days, down to US84c. Four weeks ago when registration should have been up, it was US93c... :(
That's added AU$35 to the cost of a US$305 box set.

At the current rate, 0.826678, a US$305 would cost us AU$368.XX

If it keeps on dropping, I think you guys who are going to Botcon will have less spending money than you probably budgeted for. $60 is a big difference. Kinda glad I didn't jump in anywhere because I can't afford it now.

iceburn
10th June 2010, 08:46 AM
Botcon sets are all soldout