PDA

View Full Version : Board offline last night for upgrade.

griffin
22nd May 2010, 07:55 AM
Sorry to anyone who tried logging in during the last five odd hours.

I had the board offline to do a major upgrade of the software, but as usual, had problems with file transfer programs (yes, I used 2 different ones, each had different problems), and then had to work out why the software wasn't accesing the database.

So five hours later, it's back online, but may still have some bugs or mis-placed data - so let me know if you have any problems.

(already had a problem with posting this - the board wanted me to log in again, so I lost the original posting)

I'll have a better look later myself after I've had some sleep.

MV75
22nd May 2010, 09:08 AM
Not keeping my log in. (I've logged/signed in twice this morning). I'll try deleting the cookie.

GoktimusPrime
22nd May 2010, 02:03 PM
I'm also experiencing the same issue.

liegeprime
22nd May 2010, 02:17 PM
no probs. I wasnt online til midday today so all clear with me.:)

jaydisc
22nd May 2010, 02:29 PM
Be mindful that switching between otca.com.au and www.otca.com.au will not preserve your login.

kaiden
22nd May 2010, 02:43 PM
i ws up until about 5am trying to login every hour or so.

MV75
22nd May 2010, 03:31 PM
Still happening. Think I've signed back in about 5-6 times today.

griffin
22nd May 2010, 06:33 PM
Not keeping my log in. (I've logged/signed in twice this morning). I'll try deleting the cookie.

I wouldn't even know where to begin to figure out why that is happening. I'll have a look around, and see if I get lucky and find something.

MV75
22nd May 2010, 07:05 PM
All good now. :)

Zippo
22nd May 2010, 08:20 PM
Kept my logon information, but I get an error message when selecting Mark all Forums as read.

I'll edit this post once I copy and paste it

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

MV75
22nd May 2010, 08:57 PM
Clear your internet cache. Specifically, your cookies and any other www.otca.com.au (http://www.otca.com.au) information from your cache.

jaydisc
23rd May 2010, 10:54 AM
Love the new quick reply pre-filled with quote while reading a PM.

MV75
23rd May 2010, 01:47 PM
The board should also have provision to have a marker against the OP in every thread as well.

griffin
23rd May 2010, 06:28 PM
Love the new quick reply pre-filled with quote while reading a PM.

I was beginning to wonder what the upgrade actually did improve or add here. That's the only thing so far I've found that was a good thing.
I've had a couple of annoying changes - Main table icons reverted to VB default ones (which I can fix by re-uploading the custom ones), and clicking on quick reply in topics doesn't auto-scroll the screen up to show whole dialogue box (something I'm not sure what settings control that).

The board should also have provision to have a marker against the OP in every thread as well.

Not sure what you mean. OP?

MV75
23rd May 2010, 10:24 PM
Original Poster.

Example, go here: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/?

Enter any public forum, click any thread, look at the little yellow pen thing next to the first user name. That stays with them throughout the topic, so you could be many posts in and still be noting when the thread starter has posted without going back to the start to check.

1AZRAEL1
24th May 2010, 09:52 AM
Kept my logon information, but I get an error message when selecting Mark all Forums as read.

I too get the same error message, whether I go to the quick links or down the bottom of the main page.

jaydisc
24th May 2010, 12:49 PM
If someone has posted multiple attachments, there are now prev & next buttons, e.g. here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=168438#post168438)

griffin
24th May 2010, 12:56 PM
I too get the same error message, whether I go to the quick links or down the bottom of the main page.

Have you tried to clear your cookies? It was suggested above to Zippo, but I don't know if it helped.

griffin
24th May 2010, 01:01 PM
Original Poster.

Example, go here: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/?

Enter any public forum, click any thread, look at the little yellow pen thing next to the first user name. That stays with them throughout the topic, so you could be many posts in and still be noting when the thread starter has posted without going back to the start to check.

Is that something that would have much use here? People have unique avatars to spot their posts in a topic, and I think that only the saleyard would have the Original Poster posting updates that others would be looking out for.

(It also isn't something I recall seeing in the forum options, so would need to find it if it exists)

1AZRAEL1
24th May 2010, 01:27 PM
Have you tried to clear your cookies? It was suggested above to Zippo, but I don't know if it helped.

I still got the same response.

Vector Prime
24th May 2010, 02:55 PM
I'm experiencing the same problems... it's starting to s--t me! :mad:

1AZRAEL1
24th May 2010, 03:38 PM
I'm experiencing the same problems... it's starting to s--t me! :mad:

Yea sure it's annoying, but not alot we can do until we figure out how to fix the problem.

MV75
24th May 2010, 04:56 PM
I still got the same response.

Close your browser.

Manually go to where your cookies are and delete the one for otca.com.au

Zippo
24th May 2010, 06:26 PM
Close your browser.

Manually go to where your cookies are and delete the one for otca.com.au

Does not work.
Closed, found, deleted the two I had.

Logged back in and the forums I had just read are all marked as unread

IE8 and IE8 Compatibility Mode

blackie
24th May 2010, 09:38 PM
IE8 and IE8 Compatibility Mode

dont use IE?

Vector Prime
25th May 2010, 12:35 AM
dont use IE?

I don't think it's an issue with the browser, since I've got the same issues whether I use IE, Firefox or Google Chrome... :confused:

1AZRAEL1
25th May 2010, 11:17 AM
I don't know if this will work, but I did some searching and found this

Invalid Security Token Error on Mark Forums Read for vBulletin 3.8.5 (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?345842-3.8.5-Renders-Mark-Read-Script-useless.-*READ-ME-FOR-A-FIX*)

griffin
25th May 2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the link. It wasn't a straight-forward fix as some of the details were wrong it the post, but I think I did what was being recommended.

See if it has worked.

1AZRAEL1
25th May 2010, 12:07 PM
It did in fact work. Thanks heaps.

Vector Prime
25th May 2010, 09:35 PM

+1 :D

Zippo
26th May 2010, 01:38 AM
+2