PDA

View Full Version : KO Henkei Skywarp produced

griffin
24th May 2010, 11:16 AM
Anyone still after the Henkei Skywarp, it's about to be a minefield of fakes and legit figures.
Word from tfw2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/buyer-beware--ko-takaratomy-henkei-skywarp-169768/)is that the limited edition JP Henkei Skywarp has been copied and reproduced. And apparently they look too close to the real thing - making it difficult to spot the fake.

Skywarp was a limited release by both TT and Hasbro, so many are happy to hear this, but I think those that want the reassurance of a legit figure, aren't going to be as happy. Nor would those who paid a heap for the real one (and anyone who buys a KO at a hefty price, as these are said to be priced like the real things to prevent suspicion).

If there is an update of how to tell the fakes from the real ones, it'll be posted here.

jaydisc
24th May 2010, 11:36 AM
Of all the four to fake, they sure picked the least desirable one.

kup
24th May 2010, 01:25 PM
I can't see what the differences are between the KO and real one.

1AZRAEL1
24th May 2010, 01:40 PM
Really need comparison shots of them next to each other. I can't tell from just those pictures either.

liegeprime
25th May 2010, 12:02 AM
I can't see what the differences are between the KO and real one.

Scary isnt it, they're gettin better at their illegal craft:mad::(

SkyWarp91
25th May 2010, 05:06 PM
What is the overall quality (strength-wise, durability etc.) of these KO figures that have such a close resemblance to the real product?

I've had my bad experiences before with KOs but those KOs were REALLY bad, like 'Fireengininebot' bad (fake Defensor) and am just being curious.

kristofferrer
26th May 2010, 12:05 AM
gah! at least be creative about it -
alter it a little - make it bigger, or smaller not a matching replica.

SharkyMcShark
26th May 2010, 02:53 AM
I'll have two thanks.

VERT
26th May 2010, 10:28 PM
I want them to do Dirge, Thundercracker, Sunstorm and a random purple one please :D

gdmetro
11th October 2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry for reviving this thread, but has there been any news on how to distinguish between the real and fake henkei skywarp?

The reason I'm asking is that I saw some quite cheap henkei skywarps MISB online. The lowest one I saw is about $90 USD after shipping.

There's others that range about $100-110 after shipping. I don't know the prices, but is it just me or that is way too cheap?

The price is tempting, almost made me BIN.. but I remembered this thread.. I'm kind of skeptical. Now I know how the g1 collectors feel about kos.

:(