PDA

View Full Version : GI JOE: Rise of Cobra $5 figures at coles

SkyWarp91
25th May 2010, 05:09 PM
Hey everyone,

Went to my local Coles recently (West Lakes, SA) and the movie GI JOE figures are now only $5. Is this the case with the other coles stores to?

- Skywarp91

TheFallen
25th May 2010, 11:18 PM
I saw some RoC and 25th ann. figures going for sale at TRU Gepps X for $5

Lint
29th May 2010, 05:46 PM
Most Toyworlds are selling ROC figures off for $3-4. Toymart Malaga is having a firesale on all GI joe products. Like the Mole Diver has dropped to $10 from $50.

Paul Agnew
1st June 2012, 10:33 AM
Don't really like to dig up old threads, but it seems there's still a few ROC toys out there looking to be sold.

Found a lonely Neo-Viper at the newsagency today, and a quick check on the distributor's website suggests it's a nationwide event.

So if anyone finds a carded Gen. Hawk, Charbroil, black coated Rex Lewis, or White Timber variant of Snake-Eyes, could you let me know?

Tallestblue
1st June 2012, 10:37 PM
Oh yeah. the ROC line was awesome. I'd forgotten.

Lord_Zed
1st June 2012, 11:41 PM
What was the name of the newsagent? They may be a franchise.

Felelu
6th June 2012, 05:52 PM
Is this cheap?

Paul Agnew
7th June 2012, 10:34 AM
What was the name of the newsagent? They may be a franchise.

It's not only newsagencies distributing the Joes. The company is Ryan's Warehouse, as confirmed above the product's barcode. A quick check of their website indicates that while newsagencies are the likely targets, a few hobby and specialty shops buy from them.

For example, here's a few sellers in the 2750 district:

-TOY BARN AND HAWKESBURY CYCLES RICHMOND
-WINMALEE NEWSAGENCY WINMALEE
-BLAXLAND NEWSAGENCY BLAXLAND
-CRANEBROOK POST OFFICE CRANEBROOK
-TIMBER-RIFIC TOYS RICHMOND
-HIGH COURT CARDS PENRITH
-WEIRDER THE BETTER KATOOMBA
-JAMBEE URBAN STREET WEAR WINMALEE
-FUNHOUSE AMUSEMENTS BERKSHIRE PARK
-DOWN THE TRACK KANDOS WERRINGTON DOWNS
-WICKED HAMPERS PENRITH
-THE GIFT SHACK SHOP THE OAKS
-ST MARYS SOUTH POST OFFICE ST MARYS SOUTH

Now, simply because these outlets are listed, doesn't mean they'll have any Joe figures. Still, can't hurt to have a look every now and then.

Is this cheap?

Super cheap, my friend. Though it's still hard to beat Uncle Pete's prices of $2.99 each from late 2010. :D