PDA

View Full Version : Broken TF's

1orion2many
21st March 2008, 11:15 PM
:(I have started setting up my TF's at long last and so far have found 2 casualties with broken parts. The first one was Ransack who was loose in a box so he lost a set of insect legs off his arm but should be easy enough to fix. The second one was a factory defect as I have never removed this item from it's packaging until tonight. Nightscream from the Beast Machines. His robot leg virtually fell off in my hands as I touched it:eek:. I have managed to glue it all back together but it wont last long as the clip that holds the leg on was way to small for the amount of weight it carries. He should be alright for display but that's about it. Has anyone else had tales of WOE like this:(.

Demonac
22nd March 2008, 02:28 AM
My Nightscream suffered the same fate...luckily it was only 20mins after I'd bought it, and was able to exchange it.
I've had a few other toys 'fall apart' on me, pretty much all of them were due to the dreaded Gold Plastic Syndrome.

GoktimusPrime
22nd March 2008, 08:50 AM
*nods* stupid GPS.

When I first moved out of home my G1 Sideswipe's roof/canopy broke. When I was moving in 2005 I was just transforming my G1 Soundwave and the head snapped off (thanks to Demonac for finding me another one). In that same move dirge was transforming my Japanese Tigatron and part of that broke. And the same thing happened with Transmetal Megatron (since replaced with a Japanese one). My mum stepped on Calcar once.

And oh yes, my first TF casualty was Long Haul back in 1985... (all my G1 TFs that were broken were busted by other kids):
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transfandom%20Comic/transfandom03.jpg

P.S.: It's taken you 8 years to open Nightscream? :p

roller
22nd March 2008, 09:39 AM
my nightscream is still in packaging

My RID Darkscreams arms and legs fall off when you simply walk up to it

Tiby
22nd March 2008, 09:47 AM
I've had a few such incidents:

* My Cobalt Sentry pack had one of Howlback's feet being the incorrect part. Riveted together so too hard to fix.
* Gold plastic problems with Sky Hammer
* Springer lost a tab in transformation
* G1 Sideswipe's dodgy roof (same as Gok)
* Hook lost a leg in transformation
* Movie leader OP lost a tab in transformation
* Sunrunner had 2 left fists
* Skywarp reissue came without stickers. Hasbro refused to send me another set.
* Cybertron Megatron's gatling gun never worked.
* Then the usuals: Movie Leader Megs with his legs the wrong way, Robot Replica Frenzy with his arms swapped, etc.
* And my favourites - TFs packaged in vehicle mode, and no matter how well I checked, the head has poor paint or scratches.

NOTE: I am very careful in transforming, often using tools to assist to get the right pressure in the right place, but this list make me look like a 5 year-old who could not care less!

1orion2many
22nd March 2008, 11:09 AM
:( I atually did forget one casualty but was reminded when I looked at your list Tiby. My Skyhammer which had never been transformed lost a piece off the main plane body when I went to clip the top piece back down in place. Thanks goodness it's only minor and not noticeable, NO more transforming for any of my GPS pieces, I have just remembered Roadblocks little robot has also got stress fractures:eek::(.

Paulbot
22nd March 2008, 05:47 PM
My Action Master Axer came with no screw holding the two parts of the robot chest together. He holds together ok most of the time though.

Tiby
23rd March 2008, 12:11 PM
Paulbot, that reminds me! I have had to do surgery on my Action Masters whose rubber-band "gut tendons" snapped. Sadly, same thing has happened to all my C.O.P.S. figures.

Soundwarp
24th March 2008, 08:35 AM
Griff has a rare TF that has gold plastic, can't remember the one but man it snapped so easy :(

dirge
24th March 2008, 08:41 AM
That would be Pyro, 'warp.

turtle boy
24th March 2008, 09:00 AM
My G2 Prime that I got from new came with 2 left fists and the launchers that are attached to that thing in the trailer, the had no springs and wouldn't fire... The G1 Prime that I got given to me boxed but played with.. He also came with 2 left fists and Roller had no wheels.