PDA

View Full Version : More Cassettes, and Wheelie by Perfect Effect

1AZRAEL1
2nd June 2010, 07:45 AM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/perfecteffect-new-products-preview-more-cassette-homages-and-wheelie/18751/

The products include homages to Buzzsaw and Laserbeak, Eject and Rewind, Ratbat, and what looks to be an updated version of Wheelie.

I do hope they do at least some of these, I missed the other cassettes.

kaiden
2nd June 2010, 08:00 AM
sweet. i wonder if the other 'cassettes' will plug into other transformers like the shadow warrior did.

liegeprime
2nd June 2010, 09:33 AM
Hmmm time to collect the shadow warrior then, but, for the price tag it was on considering how puny the thing is..... hmmm I have to think this through.

1AZRAEL1
2nd June 2010, 10:12 AM
They are quite expensive, and I can't justify paying that much for something so small. And I would imagine the new ones will be of similar price.

TheFallen
2nd June 2010, 10:34 AM
Is it just me or is this third party designers thing getting out of control now? :)

1AZRAEL1
2nd June 2010, 11:21 AM
I think if Hasbro picked up there game a little and released stuff as cool as 3rd party projects, I would be buying Hasbro's stuff.

Besides, fan stuff is more for collectors like us, while Hasbro releases stuff for the mass public.

griffin
2nd June 2010, 11:41 AM
It shouldn't be for Hasbro to chase after the unauthorised stuff. The people making money off Hasbro/TT's brand should at least ask permission or get a license. It'd make everyone happy, and have more fans willing to buy them because they'd then be legal.

1AZRAEL1
2nd June 2010, 11:55 AM
I wasn't suggesting that Hasbro should chase up on unauthorised stuff, merely wanting Hasbro to release figures that look as cool, and pay homage to older figures, like 3rd parties do.

What would be beneficial for both Hasbro and 3rd parties, would be for them to join forces to release these fan made figures, and more mass produced with Hasbro's help. IMO it would be win-win for all involved. But I am just dreaming :p :rolleyes:

griffin
2nd June 2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah, like you guessed, Hasbro only target the more profitable, mass-produced product. I think they should at least consider having a sub-division, like Matty Collectables, that produces higher-priced, limited edition, collector focused product.

kup
2nd June 2010, 01:03 PM
It shouldn't be for Hasbro to chase after the unauthorised stuff. The people making money off Hasbro/TT's brand should at least ask permission or get a license. It'd make everyone happy, and have more fans willing to buy them because they'd then be legal.

I would be afraid to ask Hasbro given their corporate attitude. You will likely invite a court case by asking because you'll officially figure in their radar. They are also most likely to deny you or ask for a humongous fee for the license.

It seems safer to just go ahead and do it. Specially if you are crafty enough to not infringe on copyright while still delivering a fan recognisable product like Fan Project does.

The rise of fan toys and kits is Hasbro's fault anyway for neglecting the collector market which is obviously significant and profitable enough to take into consideration. The fan kits/toys are only providing to customer demands which Hasbro often refuses to address.

The greatest example of that is Fan Project's Defender. It pretty much came to be after Hasbro officially announced that there were not going to do a triple changing toy of Springer because they already had Botcon Springer and Universe Springer which represents both modes :rolleyes:.

Brand loyalty is not a one way street. I cannot appreciate the brand if it doesn't appreciate me as a customer in return so it is natural to seek out alternatives that do.

ITZTRU
2nd June 2010, 04:24 PM
Hmmm time to collect the shadow warrior then, but, for the price tag it was on considering how puny the thing is..... hmmm I have to think this through.

Just how small are they?

kup
2nd June 2010, 05:07 PM
Just how small are they?

It's actually shorter than G1 Frenzy/Rumble but it is bulkier with good articulation.

liegeprime
5th June 2010, 12:08 AM
Just how small are they?

Slightly smaller than G1 Cassettron Frenzy/Rumble, but articulated. Its about a blaster sized gun for Shadow commander in alt mode so you can just imagine now how small it is. RK I believe charges $50 for that small figure:( I only saw it coz Deceptic Optics brought his at the SYdney Picnic - better ask him if he has any size comparison photos which might help you better, sorry if this a bit vague.