PDA

View Full Version : Q/C with new waves/lines

Autocon
4th June 2010, 01:05 AM
In everyones opinion how is the Q/C with the new line? are there paint traumas on the tfs? missing pieces? etc...

SharkyMcShark
4th June 2010, 01:08 AM
Paint on my PCC Huffer is a bit dodgy (the purpley blue bit on his chest), but in general quite good.

My ROTF Brawn has loose ish hips but thats a figure wide thing as far as I'm aware.

griffin
4th June 2010, 01:33 AM
It'll be interesting to see if the new factories in Vietnam are any better or worse with quality. I've heard that there is a movement of Western production from China to Vietnam, as the new cheaper source of labour and manufacturing, so let's see if cheaper means better in some way.

kup
5th June 2010, 05:11 PM
So far the Generations toys that I have bought have excellent QC. Aside from WFC Prime having a little tiny paint chip on his face plate, they are all superb. I am also impressed by Bumblebee's relatively uniform yellow and much improved quality of the paint apps.

If this is all due to the Vietnam factory then they are certainly doing a much more superior job.

Edit: I just noticed that the toys are stamped with 'Made in China' :confused:

ComicGuy89
5th June 2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah strange they're stamped Made in China. Maybe production of Vietnam toys only start on later figures like Leader Starscream? Would be interesting to find out.

griffin
5th June 2010, 09:52 PM
The Thrust toy that JustOwen brought to the meet today had what looked to be a stress mark on the foot joint (where the pin holds the foot for it to fold open and closed). Since opening the foot can put a lot of pressure against the pin, a weaker/cheaper plastic may be more likely to crack or break there.

GoktimusPrime
5th June 2010, 10:22 PM
I got Drift this morning and he had TWO right hands!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/drift_righthands.jpg

Unfortunately he was sold out across three different suburbs. Grrr... but Deceptic_Optic graciously allowed me to trade for his spare MOSC one. And it has a black smudge on the rear right car panel:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/drift_smudge.jpg

But I'll accept the smudge over two right hands! Guh, it was almost like reliving my Animated Blitzwing nightmare all over again. <shudder>

5FDP
5th June 2010, 10:41 PM
LOL... see, Drift is so awesome he's his own right hand man :p :D

Couldn't help myself.

liegeprime
5th June 2010, 11:14 PM
oz drift is never wrong, he has two rights:p. eriously though, you seem to be a magnet for these poor Q/C Gok:( ive only had 1 episode so far of poor QC and that was the bonnet for a scout - red car - both had the same for left piece but since the toy was packaged in bot mode you wouldnt notice til you opened and transformed it.

Sorry if thuis was asked before - I couldnt be bothered looking for it in various threads...
Could one return such a defective toy BTW even if youve already massacred basically the packaging rendering it unsaleable again (with that defect it is unsaleable anyways) and get ran equal eplacement for it?

kup
6th June 2010, 12:44 AM
Get rid of the smudge with some rubbing alcohol.

Autocon
6th June 2010, 12:54 AM
think ive had the worst run of Q/C broken parts, parts that arent on properly, bad paint apps...sigh:(:mad:

Robzy
6th June 2010, 01:19 AM
I got Drift this morning and he had TWO right hands!! It does have some positives tho... even when he's "alone", it's like he's having a threesome! ;)

GoktimusPrime
6th June 2010, 01:20 PM
Sorry if thuis was asked before - I couldnt be bothered looking for it in various threads...
Could one return such a defective toy BTW even if youve already massacred basically the packaging rendering it unsaleable again (with that defect it is unsaleable anyways) and get ran equal eplacement for it?
See here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=171114&postcount=15) :)

It does have some positives tho... even when he's "alone", it's like he's having a threesome!
Unless he's left-handed, then he's stuffed. :p Otherwise yeah... work that sword. ;)

Tiby
6th June 2010, 01:28 PM
Generally good, but I do pick through several at the shop to find the best paint.

Gutsman Heavy
6th June 2010, 02:15 PM

Drift is ALWAYS right :D

gamblor916
6th June 2010, 04:02 PM
Not sure if it's clear but there's a nice big fingerprint embedded on his chest.
It was the last one and easy to repaint so I bought it anyway. Not liking the brown tinge to the yellow either, so this guy's going to get a makeover later.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9721/p1011821.jpg

kup
6th June 2010, 04:13 PM
Not sure if it's clear but there's a nice big fingerprint embedded on his chest.
It was the last one and easy to repaint so I bought it anyway. Not liking the brown tinge to the yellow either, so this guy's going to get a makeover later.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9721/p1011821.jpg

That's nasty. At least you can potentially find out who did it :)

VERT
6th June 2010, 05:26 PM

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/drift_righthands.jpg

Unfortunately he was sold out across three different suburbs. Grrr... but Deceptic_Optic graciously allowed me to trade for his spare MOSC one. And it has a black smudge on the rear right car panel:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/drift_smudge.jpg

But I'll accept the smudge over two right hands! Guh, it was almost like reliving my Animated Blitzwing nightmare all over again. <shudder>

You know the first TF I ever got G1 Rumble also came with two right hands. Not much has changed since then I see.

Tallestblue
6th June 2010, 05:34 PM
I wonder if there's a kid out there whose Drift has two left hands? Hmmmm....

Autocon
7th June 2010, 12:21 AM
i wonder if there are chinese waiting to see if the toy they painted shows up on the internet. They can tell its theirs by a finger print or a well placed smudge lol. I wonder if they are laughing at us:p

Kyle
7th June 2010, 10:40 AM
i wonder if there are chinese waiting to see if the toy they painted shows up on the internet. They can tell its theirs by a finger print or a well placed smudge lol. I wonder if they are laughing at us:p

I doubt the average factory workers in China have enough time or money to ever access a computer.

The QC is the responsibility of the toy companies. How much they pay the factories and their workers, they get how much back from the workers.

1AZRAEL1
14th June 2010, 04:31 PM
Saw this great QC issue with these figures today

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/1AZRAEL1/TFs/Image005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/1AZRAEL1/TFs/Image006.jpg

liegeprime
14th June 2010, 04:38 PM
Wow, now that's a stealthy bumblebee, you can't see his head at all:p;)

GoktimusPrime
14th June 2010, 07:22 PM
the head on that mould does pop off really easily though. Did you give the box a shake to see if you could hear it rattling around there somewhere? :)

As recently mentioned on another thread, my first WFC Bumblebee had a dodgy right foot that didn't clip in properly. I've since exchanged it for another one whose right foot _just_ clicks in okay, but not very strongly. But I cbb exchanging it again. :p

5FDP
15th June 2010, 08:28 AM
the head on that mould does pop off really easily though.

The same with Leader Brawl. I lost count of how many headless Brawls I saw at the shops. Doesn't help that it had the "Try Me" hole... very tempting for kids with grubby little fingers.

1AZRAEL1
15th June 2010, 09:12 AM
the head on that mould does pop off really easily though. Did you give the box a shake to see if you could hear it rattling around there somewhere? :)

Yea shook it around and looked hard into it, nadda. And the box was sealed so someone didn't just return it with no head either :p

GoktimusPrime
15th June 2010, 01:09 PM
Maybe someone has a Bumblebee with two heads? ;)

5FDP
15th June 2010, 01:30 PM
Maybe someone has a Bumblebee with two heads? ;)

And two left fists that belong to Drift ;)

langzixinxin
19th June 2010, 04:08 PM
If I am right, Hasbro don't deal with TF factories in China. They deal through Takara.

Takara has more than one contracting factories in China. The skills of workers in different factories vary. It's just matter of luck which toys will be made by which factory. I found couple of times the exclusive is not as good as normal. I guess exclusive toys are made by relatively small factories while toys like Leader Optimus Prime are made by bigger one.

Deonasis
20th June 2010, 09:06 PM
Saw this great QC issue with these figures today

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/1AZRAEL1/TFs/Image005.jpg

"I'm in a 2pk with Prime? Great, that guy is not stable."

GIVE ME YOUR FACE!!!!!

griffin
20th June 2010, 11:26 PM
Of the new toys I bought on Saturday - Battleblade Bbee's head keeps coming off, and one of Ravage's back legs socket doesn't stay on the ball.

MV75
20th June 2010, 11:45 PM
Gah! I. Must. Say. It.

So, you gotta keep an eye on that ball eh griffin?

Bahhhhhhh! I couldn't help it!

griffin
1st July 2010, 08:26 PM
Not part of the 'new lines' that was being referred to with this topic, but new figure anyway - Alternity Skywarp.
On the legs, the wheels and wings are attached to a black bit of plastic, which slides along a track inside the wheel-alcove. Mine has two left-side (black) parts, which means the indent that should be at the bottom, is at the top, and therefore, can't move into place for robot mode. And since it has a wheel pinned to it, I can't just flip it over. :(
I will have to see if RK can do anything about it, or if it isn't deemed defective enough for them to want to do anything for it.

gdmetro
1st July 2010, 09:30 PM
Up till yesterday, I thought Takara was superior to Hasbro in terms of QC.

I opened up the Henkei Minibot Spy team- the wheelie figure was complete, just that the left pin joint connecting between the arm/shoulder and the chest part- allowing the chest/hood of car to rotate was out of place.

Luckily with some proper force, I was able to wedge it back in and now its proper. Lucky I didn't pay ebay prices, but still, i was thinking Takara Henkei versions should be higher QC but guess I was wrong.

5FDP
1st July 2010, 09:52 PM

Nope. That may have been the case a while ago, but Takara Tomy have their fair share of QC issues.

christalcase
1st July 2010, 10:03 PM

Hasbro and TakaraTomy uses the same factories to produce their figures, so their QC are exactly the same. I've read somewhere that the latter Henkei toys (Universe 2.0 molds) had many QC problems too

Ingram
1st July 2010, 10:29 PM
My Drift was perfect. I'd say he feels much more solid and better quality than WFC Generations Optimus, who's a bit loose and has some mold artifacts here and there, quite obvious when he's transformed.

GoktimusPrime
2nd July 2010, 12:16 PM
Guh, Skyburst is proving to be a QC nightmare. Parts of him keep popping off in transformation, and the powercore linkage join on one of the drones is deformed so it can't connect onto Skyburst :( :( I'm gonna have to bring it back for an exchange or refund. :mad: Just as well I got this toy on sale. :/

I also cut my finger with a stanley knife while cutting one of the twist ties. (T_T) Luckily one of my Year 8 girls kindly bolted over to the first aid office and fetched me some band aids. :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_shoulders.gif
WhY mY FiNgEr HuRt?

kurdt_the_goat
2nd July 2010, 12:50 PM
My Drift was perfect. I'd say he feels much more solid and better quality than WFC Generations Optimus, who's a bit loose and has some mold artifacts here and there, quite obvious when he's transformed.

While I agree that Drift feels more solid/better quality than WFC Optimus, i dont think it's a matter of QC, just a matter of budget.
WFC Optimus probably has twice as many parts than Drift. And, they probably used different plastics with different tolerances because the transformation is more complex than Drift.