PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - International/OS wants forum?

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th June 2010, 10:01 AM
Just a thought...PascTF's latest post in the wants forum (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7835) got me thinking - with all the early new releases (and the WFC preorder Jazz and Shockwave rather than either/or) is it worth setting up an overseas request board?
It seems to me that getting some back-and-forth exchange might be worthwhile. Overseas peoples could post requests a la PascTF, and if we got any willing regulars they'd hopefully return the favour. We tend to miss out on quite a few releases and the crazy US sales over here, and the postage many sellers charge to AU is just ridiculous, so if we had a few friendly USians/Canucks who were willing to serve as a first postage port of call and send them on at less extortionate international rates it could be worthwhile.

Again, just a thought, and there may well be a whole host of reasons why it's better not to go down this road, but I thought it was worth bringing up.

liegeprime
4th June 2010, 01:31 PM
It would be benecial idea, but we do need to have a well trusted pool of contacts from say, counterpart TF forum groups OS so we dont get burned - sorta like ambassadors from other forums heheheh:D... that is until they learn how we get burned here already with double-priced charges on TFs:rolleyes: might make them think twice buying from here if it werent on sale.