PDA

View Full Version : More KO - Wheeljack listed as 'reissue'

Eruntalon
5th June 2010, 06:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-GEN-1-WHEELJACK-PLUS-BOX-AND-BUBBLE-/220617163746?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item335dcec3e2

kup
5th June 2010, 07:49 PM
He seems to be aware that it isn't real given the description.

bboy-toransufoma
6th June 2010, 09:48 PM
I've dealt with him before, he's a collector. All good since he's mentioned it's a KO. No complaints

Sky Shadow
6th June 2010, 10:01 PM
I've dealt with him before, he's a collector. All good since he's mentioned it's a KO. No complaints

He doesn't say it's a knockoff, though. He says it's a reissue. And it's not "all good", since it's against eBay policy to sell counterfeit items and unethical to sell or support knockoffs in general.

griffin
6th June 2010, 10:51 PM

Where has he mentioned it's a KO?

The listing linked above is very deceptive and sneaky at making it look like its a legit toy.

Eruntalon
6th June 2010, 11:10 PM
That was the point I was trying to get across - is it ethical for sellers list items that are clearly KO as reissue?

bboy-toransufoma
7th June 2010, 01:34 AM
Where has he mentioned it's a KO?

The listing linked above is very deceptive and sneaky at making it look like its a legit toy.

Read the first line. He mentions it's a HK made reissue and is good for people who can't afford the real thing in box

What I meant to say is that it's NOT all good to sell KOs deceptively. And yes, I'm against KOs, but unfortunately it's up to the buyer to do their homework and steer clear of such things, I myself provide such links in my listings. There's almost nothing that can be done to stop KOs from being sold on eBay. If you measure the sheer quantity of KO sellers and KOs being sold on eBay, then you'll find it's impossible. Really very little that can be done. To the people who buy them knowing what they are, well good for them, they made their choice, but what happens when they want to offload them? Worthless!

griffin
7th June 2010, 08:48 AM
That's the problem though. They are using a term recognised by everyone for legit re-releases (calling it a 'reissue') for an unauthorised counterfiet. The term 'reissue' means it was released by the same source that issued the original, which the fakes aren't, so using the term 'reissue' is false and fraudulant.
Most people who know of TFs wouldn't know which ones have been faked, and quite a few fans don't know either, so a fake that calls itself a 'reissue' is only trying to sell itself to someone who doesn't know its a fake. Otherwise, if it was an honest seller, they would state it is a fake in the description and title, and not use the term 'reissue' - because the people who produced it didn't 'issue' the original so can't claim the term 'reissue'.
(not having a go at you though, just the people who claim 'reissue' status on toys to fool the majority of people who wouldn't know)

1AZRAEL1
7th June 2010, 09:26 AM
IMO, I think they list it as Reissue and not mention KO so they can try to slip under the radar. It's annoying for fans that are not clued in on fakes and such, as I was before I started to post here and became more activley involved. And my friend Hursticon nearly got a 'reissue' Shockwave only a few weeks ago before I pointed out it was a KO listed as reissue. Needless to say he did not pay for it and it was sorted out, as I know he does not want a KO in his collection, because as with me, there would always be a niggling feeling in the back of your mind telling you it is a fake.

To me, it is the uninformed that suffer when they buy one and they later find out it is not legit.

bboy-toransufoma
7th June 2010, 02:59 PM
IMO, I think they list it as Reissue and not mention KO so they can try to slip under the radar. It's annoying for fans that are not clued in on fakes and such, as I was before I started to post here and became more activley involved. And my friend Hursticon nearly got a 'reissue' Shockwave only a few weeks ago before I pointed out it was a KO listed as reissue. Needless to say he did not pay for it and it was sorted out, as I know he does not want a KO in his collection, because as with me, there would always be a niggling feeling in the back of your mind telling you it is a fake.

To me, it is the uninformed that suffer when they buy one and they later find out it is not legit.

Yeah, I heard about that, Hursticon (he's a loyal customer of mine) coming real close to getting fooled by a KO shockwave...

Looking deeper, there's definetely a wrong choice of words in this listing... If the words KO, Knock Off, Counterfeit, Unlicensed Reproduction were used then it'd be automatically removed. Obviously the seller wants to part with it, but whether he's doing it maliciously or otherwise is the point at issue...he DID use the term reissue, and as many others have illustrated, that's blatantly incorrect for this...but he also said "for those who cannot afford the REAL ONE in box" clearly indicating that it's not REAL. Ah well. At least ALL of us are AWARE that it's not real.

The uninformed suffer no matter the industry...whether they're buying cars (especially cars!), TFs, coins and gold...

What Hasbro/TT should do is either:

a) Hire mercenaries to blow up the KO factories (hope they have insurance!). Hell, all you need is petty and a lighter!
b) Buy them out (Potentially very costly and time consuming)

I would prefer option A!