Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Vintage Hotrod
Main Features/Gimmicks - none
Main Colours - Orange, grey
Main Accessories - none
My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 1
Stability - Good in both modes
Poseability/articulation - Good
Playability - The simplicity of this shell-former makes this a fun toy to play with and convert.
Other Comments - Hubcap was surprisingly simple to transform to Alt-mode. A real shell-former that just all clips together. A lot of movie toys lately (mostly deluxe) seem to be just shells with the robot form just tucked inside, which you can see when turning over. And this is a classic example of that. Turn over the vehicle mode and it is just a shell with the
arms legs and head all visible inside. It just seems lazy, especially if it isn't a cast character that needs to sacrifice the engineering to replicate its on-screen appearance. I'd rather have blockier limbs that at least fill up the gap, so that the toy doesn't look so hollow and cheap (and lazy).
The packaging pic looks good, with its darker colours, but the toy itself is a lot brighter. Still looks good I guess.
It doesn't look as 'skeletal' as most other movie line toys, which I do like.

My Rating (out of 10) - 7

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/hftd02.jpg

Tiby
6th June 2010, 11:52 AM
Hell yeah! What an alt mode!!!

GoktimusPrime
6th June 2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I also like the rather original alt mode. I don't think we've seen many Vintage hot rods since the G1 Hot Rod Patrol have we?

...now if they just gave us more taxis and buses and... well, just plain regular hatchbacks and sedans! :D The robot mode is pretty neat too. The Gundamesque feet are pretty funky. :)

griffin
6th June 2010, 01:06 PM
Gen2 Laser Rods were the last ones that I can recall.

PascTF
6th June 2010, 01:09 PM
Very cool alt mode... I like mine, but the transformation is a bit too simple compared to other Scouts from the same line. Wish he had wrist articulation like Dead End... Also, hollow feet feel... hollow. Other than that, he's pretty good.

GoktimusPrime
6th June 2010, 05:30 PM
Gen2 Laser Rods were the last ones that I can recall.
Touché. :)

Also, hollow feet feel... hollow.
It makes him a mad tap-dancer but. ;) Either that or he can pretend to ride horsey and make clippity-clop noises without the use of two halves of a coconut!

Stupid African swallows...

Autocon
7th June 2010, 12:01 AM
love alt mode. the head looks a mess tho:(

STL
7th June 2010, 10:54 PM
I don't think the transformation is quite challenging. Basic to be honest. But the thing that sells this for me is the alt mode. I don't like the gray in robot mode and as others have alluded, hopefully there will be a less gray version. That said, I'm a sucker for the red colour of the Hot Rod so I couldn't help myself. Articulation is quite decent though the back leg panels are a tad annoying as they limit knee articulation which he has been designed to have plenty of.

SMHFConvoy
13th June 2010, 08:09 PM
I don't think the transformation is quite challenging. Basic to be honest.

Well he is only a scout class figure. I like him and I hope they do a couple more repaints from him. I also hopes that Hasbro will produce more figures with vintage alt modes.

Ode to a Grasshopper
26th June 2010, 10:16 PM
Well he is only a scout class figure. I like him and I hope they do a couple more repaints from him. I also hopes that Hasbro will produce more figures with vintage alt modes.One of the Seibertron.com posters suggested a Goldbug repaint - if Hasbro do it he's bought on sight.

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th June 2010, 11:26 PM
Head is a bit funky looking but for me the real seller was the classic hotrod mode. I am sorry, but how can that possibly be passed up? I will even forgive the shelley-ness of the robot.

Paulbot
17th September 2011, 05:51 PM
I've only just opened this today and really like it. The robot mode and car modes both look good and although it's a simple transformation it's so smooth and effortless that it makes a good basic toy.

BigTransformerTrev
28th September 2013, 09:40 PM
While one of the few RTS or HFTD figures that has used a G1 name without it being a G1 homage (is Hasbro slowly learning? Maybe. Now just to get the Bayverse to fall into line ;) ), this is still a good figure. While the robot mode isn't spectacular, it isn't bad either. What really makes this figure shine in the vehicular mode. Not sure I've seen such a good classics car representation since G2! :) Even the missus likes it, and she gave up taking interest in my TF's looong ago ;) Transformation is fairly easy, as it is on most figures this size, and the price is/was not too bad. Good figure, shame about the name in an age where they finally are starting to take that kind of thing seriously.