Approximate Retail Price - $16-18
Approximate Size - 8cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Motorcycle
Main Features/Gimmicks - none
Main Colours - Blue, grey, green
Main Accessories - none
My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 2
Stability - Stands well in Robot mode. I can't remember if the Motocycle form is able to balance or has a kickstand (I don't think it does though).
Poseability/articulation - Very good.
Playability - Decent play value in the robot mode. Motorcycle looks nice, but like most bike-formers, needs a passenger to look right.
Other Comments - Brimstone is a lot more interesting to transform to Alt-mode than most Scouts, because there is a set order in the conversion. I fell into the trap of doing the arms first, because it was the most obvious part to convert (joining of the front wheel halves), but found that everything else needs to be moved first before joining the arms together.
Then when everything slots together into vehicle mode, this is one of those toys you'd never even know it was a Transformer, as there aren't any robot bits showing or any obvious gaps or seams.
With only a couple bits of kibble in robot mode (handlebars), everything else is used in the robot mode - even the wheels as weapons and the chest.
Don't like the skeletal look that seem to be in most movie toys (I could just be too much of a 'blocky' Gen1 toy fan), but this one goes further with that theme by having a skull-type face.
I rate this one as a must get, and definitely goes against the trend of uninspiring small-size movie toys.
My Rating (out of 10) - 9

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/hftd03.jpg

Tiby
6th June 2010, 12:49 PM
I have a lot of love for this figure. He has real character and a very new and clever transformation style. I dislike figures that have fake parts which are not part of the transformation (started with Powermaster Optimus Prime's fake chest windows) and the movie lines are full of this. Not so on Brimstone!

Pipesqueak
6th June 2010, 02:09 PM
Nice bike mode, but I'll hold out for a repaint that isn't 90 per cent hasbro grey in bot mode.

PascTF
6th June 2010, 02:11 PM
My favorite transforming bike ever. And probably my favorite Scout from the entire movie line.

GoktimusPrime
6th June 2010, 06:32 PM
wow... I keep passing this toy cos it looks crap to me, but you're all saying it's good.

Last time I felt like this was when Transmetal II Cybershark came out in 1999... looked crap, but everyone said it was good. Turned out crap. Meh... at least it's only a Scout this time! :p

Autocon
7th June 2010, 01:23 AM
yes this looks like a good mold. Might buy it

STL
7th June 2010, 11:49 PM
Brimstone's nice but the gray isnt great like Hubcap. The transformation is quite neat and I love how it all forms the bike without a chunk of it representing a large section of the body. The lack of hands though is a tad annoying. I love the menacing head mold too. It's got a lot of character.

PascTF
8th June 2010, 11:19 AM
He has hands, they're the little black pieces that fold out from under the front fender. :)

klystron
8th June 2010, 02:16 PM
I love these unique molds. good to see something a little diff. Reminds me of ROTF Ransack. And its a motorbike! Bonus. Must buy for me!!!!

SMHFConvoy
8th June 2010, 03:40 PM
Got this guy on layby with some other stuff

Jetfire
9th June 2010, 02:54 PM
The gray quota is over the top. No sale!

SMHFConvoy
9th June 2010, 04:32 PM
Brimstone's not too bad. I thought the knees might be ball jointed, but they're not.

Nice motorcycle mode tho'. :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
9th June 2010, 05:49 PM
Don't like the hands. Might get it if it gets a Cybertron Lugnutz repaint though, I like the character but the shoulders on the toy were too much.

SpeedBreaker
5th July 2010, 09:16 PM
I quite like the design of this one but all that plain grey plastic is offputting. I might wait a couple of months for the inevitable repaint. ;)

Lord_Zed
21st July 2010, 10:21 PM
This guy is pretty damn cool, he may be my new 2nd place favourite for movie scouts (after Skystalker). Hasbro Grey is all that holds him back, A really detailed bike mode, characterful look and above average articulation in the upper body for a scout (he can scratch his underarms, and stand hunch backed) make him a winner IMO.

And yes he has a kickstand.

Gutsman Heavy
22nd July 2010, 02:17 PM
snazzy, I'll hold out for a redeco though, that grey kills it for me.

GoktimusPrime
24th July 2010, 08:41 AM
I like how it's a chopper with chopper flames! :D

Blurrprimecoolboz2008
26th March 2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs_0ypI8x5g