Approximate Retail Price - $6-8
Approximate Size - 5-6cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Bulldozer
Main Features/Gimmicks - none
Main Colours - Red, black
Main Accessories - none
My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 1
Stability - Robot mode is a bit shakey with the small feet, and in the third 'Jackhammer' Mode, but the Bulldozer mode holds together well.
Poseability/articulation - Arms and legs are a bit limited with movement with the odd legs and arms, but still looks to have Lengends level of articulation.
Playability - The small size makes this only playable with other Legends figures, but in that size class, this toy replicates the Movie version better than the Combiner Rampage, so can be more playable against Legends Bumblebee (with Ravage, to play out their scene). As with Ravage and Wheelie, the confusingly complex nature of the Deluxe version (or in Ravage's case, out of scale Deluxe version), this one is more fun to play with than the bigger Deluxe Rampage.
Other Comments - I brought both Red Rampages to a recent meet, and this one was the one people played with most. Just like Ravage and Wheelie, I recommend getting this one over the Deluxe one. The robot mode of the Deluxe version has four legs in addition to its Jackhammer mode. This one just has 2 legs in robot mode, plus the Jackhammer mode, which I prefer.
My Rating (out of 10) - 8

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/hftd14.jpg

GoktimusPrime
6th June 2010, 01:36 PM
I got this toy because I wanted a red version of Rampage - like the one in ROTF who kidnapped Sam's parents and battled Bumblebee, as opposed to the yellow one who forms Devastator. I couldn't justify buying the Deluxe version since I already have the Deluxe mould in yellow, so this toy offered a cheaper alternative which I'm happy with.

But unless you really want a red version of Rampage, then I'd recommend sticking with the yellow one that can form Devastator. I think this toy has a nicer robot mode than the combinable one, but it has this big gap in the alt mode which the combinable one doesn't have - so I think the combinable one has a better alt mode. Plus of course it can form Devastator, which I think outweighs most of its disadvantages against HFTD Legends Rampage.

Both Legends Rampages have their pros and cons... all depends on what you're looking for. HFTD Rampage is, on the whole, a better stand alone toy. But the combinable Legends Rampage is better as part of a gestalt set.

Tiby
6th June 2010, 03:11 PM
He's just so cute!!!!

PascTF
16th June 2010, 07:01 AM
Not the best but still pretty cool. I like the fact that you can either merge the legs for jackhammer mode or separate them and fold the cab halves back to form some legs and give him some stability.