PDA

View Full Version : KO Menasor

1AZRAEL1
6th June 2010, 07:53 PM
Damn a**holes, just coz I am so close to finishing him off, they are doing a KO. Someone please sell me a left fist before this guy comes out :(

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/buyer-beware-ko-menasor/18799/

Eruntalon
6th June 2010, 08:21 PM
The quality of that KO looks really good. I wonder how the stickers fair vs reprolabels.com own.

bboy-toransufoma
6th June 2010, 09:47 PM
Not surprised. KOs still sell even though everybody knows (some don't) know what they are...Cheaper alternative to the original.

@ Azrael...that's not a hard part, you'll get there.

VERT
7th June 2010, 07:01 AM
Thats great news. And yes the stickers are every bit as good as the original. I have a full set of G1 Stunticons but will love to have a new set to display and I can lock my originals away from the dust. :D Hope they come in a repro display box like the constructicons do.

5FDP
7th June 2010, 07:34 AM
I was actually thinking that the stickers of the KO was the easiest way to tell it's not legit - look at the yellow and red stripe sticker on Dragstrip's arm. It's shorter than the legit one.

Of course this is meaningless if someone buys a Reprolabels set as these are closer to the original.

Aside from the stickers, this is going to be very hard to tell apart from the original. Hopefully, TFW or Highendtf's will have a guide up soon.

Skullcruncher
7th June 2010, 07:59 AM
Yeah I'm hoping there will be small mould differences too, most likely the face - look at springer or scourge KO thers faces look terrible.

More KO's means more questions for sellers, buyers have to be more careful and so it goes on. Lucky im finished collecting or I would never start now.

No matter what people say a KO does taint anyones G1 collection(and the sometimes the seller), its like a rotten vegetable in the bottom of a fridge.

bboy-toransufoma
7th June 2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah I'm hoping there will be small mould differences too, most likely the face - look at springer or scourge KO thers faces look terrible.

More KO's means more questions for sellers, buyers have to be more careful and so it goes on. Lucky im finished collecting or I would never start now.

No matter what people say a KO does taint anyones G1 collection(and the sometimes the seller), its like a rotten vegetable in the bottom of a fridge.

You're absolutely right. If I were still collecting, I'd NEVER settle for KOs...they absolutely do taint collections...people will buy whatever they will for their collections, but real is real and fake is fake

liegeprime
7th June 2010, 11:32 AM
Thank goodness Im done with this.....but this means HasTak will NOT be reissuing The Stunticons then:( bad news for those wanting to complete their stunticon set still.

MV75
7th June 2010, 11:39 AM
Damn that looks so real. Gotta think about it though, why are they making deadend and wildrider all of a sudden?

As for telling apart, the minty-ess of it should be a givaway. Plus did they do the other vehicle weapons too or not?

Skullcruncher
7th June 2010, 11:43 AM
Damn that looks so real. Gotta think about it though, why are they making deadend and wildrider all of a sudden?

As for telling apart, the minty-ess of it should be a givaway. Plus did they do the other vehicle weapons too or not?

No idea - my guess it will come out in a giftset like devestator or defensor. Fingers crossed they also mess up the art work somewhere

VERT
7th June 2010, 12:28 PM
Have both KO and real Springer and face is the same. KO actualy has Diecast parts too unlike my Hasbro one.

You do know what Hasbro would do if they stop the good KO people? They would storm in destroy the stock and take the moulds.....Then in about a year Oh look Hasbro are doing reissue Dinobots! Wow I wonder how they got new moulds :D:D:D But they would stuff them first by including modern safety standards life of giant missiles etc. :p

They are almost the same thing and closer than the Hasbro ones are to being perfect. I get them and then store away my originals. I have all of G1 but sometimes i worry about touching them. This way I have no worries about that :D

Skullcruncher
7th June 2010, 01:15 PM
Have both KO and real Springer and face is the same. KO actualy has Diecast parts too unlike my Hasbro one.

You do know what Hasbro would do if they stop the good KO people? They would storm in destroy the stock and take the moulds.....Then in about a year Oh look Hasbro are doing reissue Dinobots! Wow I wonder how they got new moulds :D:D:D But they would stuff them first by including modern safety standards life of giant missiles etc. :p

They are almost the same thing and closer than the Hasbro ones are to being perfect. I get them and then store away my originals. I have all of G1 but sometimes i worry about touching them. This way I have no worries about that :D

Well terrible may be a bit of an overstatement he looks a bit 'sick' :D

I'm guessing you have either the later release springer or a classic resissue for your original springer as the first run he did indeed have a metal chest in the first run. This one is a lot more desirable - it took me a long time to get one in decent condition.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7422/springer.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/springer.jpg/)

VERT
7th June 2010, 10:33 PM
Well Both my Springers look a bit sick (As in a bit green in the face :p )

As much as I like the Die Cast it does make the sucker a little top heavy.

liegeprime
8th June 2010, 11:49 AM
Hmmm ive only seen once a metal Springer.... not a fan of the paint chipping though, but as VERT says, its kinda top heavy... prone to keel over. Still there's not a lot of em out there, all the ones Ive seen most of the time are all plastic. Mine's all plastic too.

Skullcruncher
8th June 2010, 01:34 PM
Hmmm ive only seen once a metal Springer.... not a fan of the paint chipping though, but as VERT says, its kinda top heavy... prone to keel over. Still there's not a lot of em out there, all the ones Ive seen most of the time are all plastic. Mine's all plastic too.

Yeah first run metal chest usually goes for about $20 extra for those in the know, just like the blue eared cyclonus, metal toe hot rod, rubber wheel ultra magnus/metroplex etc etc all nice if you can source them, the issue with springer is all those 'classics' that flooded australia back in the day.

kup
8th June 2010, 08:33 PM

I have come across minty loose figures which were most certainly G1 originals so 'mintyness' is not a sure way to tell.

kup
8th June 2010, 08:35 PM

I have a severely chipped metal chested springer junker.

liegeprime
8th June 2010, 10:37 PM
I have a severely chipped metal chested springer junker.

Hmm I'm guessing your keeping this with the prospect of fixing it to its glory day huh? or because it is a variant?

kup
8th June 2010, 11:15 PM
Hmm I'm guessing your keeping this with the prospect of fixing it to its glory day huh? or because it is a variant?

I keep it primarily for the chest. I wish to one day paint it properly but I need to know the original color of the chest including how shiny it may be since this one has very worn paint.

liegeprime
9th June 2010, 12:10 AM
it looks like canary yellow to me. I only saw it once - pic I have aint any help though, but it looks a bit lighter than the plastic yellow...

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Philippines%20holiday/PhilHoliday09-10212.jpg

just zoom in hehhe

rampagesss
9th June 2010, 05:43 PM
A user on TFW posted that they were going to make a KO Menasor ages ago (somehow knows people who make these KO’s) bad thing is, in that thread he also announced that they would be making a KO Fort Max. And so far everything he said they were going to make has come true. So Fort Max could be coming soon

blackie
9th June 2010, 06:15 PM
end of the year i hear for max

liegeprime
9th June 2010, 06:49 PM
Fort Max KO? oh no, there goes my chance....:(:(:(

VERT
10th June 2010, 06:49 AM
Fort Max? in Box high quality with all parts and stickers? OH NO I HAVE A ORIGINAL MAX! Now I WILL HAVE TWO! hahahahahahahhahgahhahahaha

Bring on Grand Max please hahahahahahah

1AZRAEL1
10th June 2010, 08:38 AM
Fort Max KO? oh no, there goes my chance....:(:(:(

And my chance to complete mine without the fear of getting fake parts :(:(

I hate KOers, they are the scourge of collectors :mad::mad:

reillyd
13th June 2010, 03:17 PM
And my chance to complete mine without the fear of getting fake parts :(:(

I hate KOers, they are the scourge of collectors :mad::mad:

Why not just wait for Takara to reissue Fort max anyway? Its not like he's an ancient mold that we're not sure exists anymore. The most recent was the Korean Fort Max repaint, and it wasn't that long ago. If they can do an unlikely one like Omega Supreme, then I'm sure it won't be long before a genuine fort max comes out.

5FDP
15th June 2010, 02:44 PM
While I would love to see a Fort Max reissue, I don't think that this is likely. Hasbro's trademark application (http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=76537218) expired some time ago.

MV75
15th June 2010, 03:08 PM
Yea? So? It'll be released as grand maximus or brave maximus as it would be takara releasing it, not hasbro. ;)

Daw
4th January 2012, 12:09 PM
Wow that is a good knock off, I'd love to find that now!

Call me swallow or w/e but i'd really like the knock off versions of the toys i had, or wanted when i was younger, i had some of the combiners only to overplay and destroy them as a silly child does.

I don't wanna pretend i have the hundreds of dollars i'd need to reaquire these great classics, I'd just like them for display as most are too fragile for repeated transformations anyway.

I'm not fond of the completed Menasor but I'd love that set just to display them in car form somewhere.

Besides ebay does anyone have any ideas where in Australia these and others might be located (I already have Protector bots/Constructicons and Combaticons KO's)

Daw
4th January 2012, 12:11 PM
Oh, and Why Hasbro don't remake the old transformers now with some die cast metal is beyond me some quick colour changes to set them apart from the g1 versions then i would buy them up. (depending on reasonable prices)