PDA

View Full Version : Generations Scorponok?

MV75
7th June 2010, 10:06 PM
Ok, let's consolidate, first off, rumoured scorpion repaint.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/energon-6/giant-scorpion-transformers-toy-mystery-revealed-169887/

Yea, energon scorponok. I'm sure we all would prefer an encore scorponok. :)

Gutsman Heavy
7th June 2010, 11:26 PM
G1 colours or gtfo

kup
7th June 2010, 11:34 PM
G1 colours or gtfo

lol I made a similar comment while lining up for the Parra fair to Gok.

They should repaint Energon Scorponok in G1 colors if they are not willing to make a proper 'Classics' Scorponok mold.

However an Encore Scorponok would still be awesome for those who don't have him but no clue on the condition of its mold.

griffin
7th June 2010, 11:38 PM
If a redeco of Scorpy is true, it won't be part of Generations, as it was Mega, ah, Voyager size.

kup
7th June 2010, 11:44 PM
Rumor is that its for Botcon or some other exclusive due to its limited 1000 units production.

PascTF
8th June 2010, 01:31 AM
Botcon Black Zarack?

liegeprime
8th June 2010, 12:44 PM
Botcon Black Zarack?

With Botcon's theme this year of G2 lite bright paintjob most likely a Double Punch color scheme will fit in just right... if it is for Botcon release. that would be very good - photo wise, but I wonder how garish will it be up close in hand.:eek:

MV75
8th June 2010, 04:42 PM
If a redeco of Scorpy is true, it won't be part of Generations, as it was Mega, ah, Voyager size.

?

I don't git eet.

Sky Shadow
8th June 2010, 04:46 PM
?

I don't git eet.

Generations is allegedly a Deluxe-sized toyline.

(And if the repaint is Double Punch, that would be amazing.)

MV75
8th June 2010, 04:58 PM
Ah, righto then.

I though Griffin was playing silly buggers as the toy is ultra sized, not voyager.

GoktimusPrime
8th June 2010, 07:08 PM
Yea, energon scorponok. I'm sure we all would prefer an encore scorponok.

G1 colours or gtfo
Or better yet, a NEW "Classics" Scorponok toy! Then bring on "Classics" Fortress Maximus! :D I'd rather get updated versions of G1 characters with contemporary toy eng. than reissues. :)

Having said that, I won't say no to reissues either. We know they have the Fort Max mould (although there are reports that their previous base/city TF reissues have shelf warmed; if this is true then I don't blame TakaraTOMY for being hesitant in reissuing Fort Max)

griffin
9th June 2010, 03:46 AM
Ah, righto then.

I though Griffin was playing silly buggers as the toy is ultra sized, not voyager.

Oops, got the size class wrong.
The joke was meant to highlight the change in size class names since Energon (Voyager used to be Mega, and Ultra was briefly Commander).

MV75
9th June 2010, 09:57 AM
Or better yet, a NEW "Classics" Scorponok toy! Then bring on "Classics" Fortress Maximus! :D I'd rather get updated versions of G1 characters with contemporary toy eng. than reissues. :)

Having said that, I won't say no to reissues either. We know they have the Fort Max mould (although there are reports that their previous base/city TF reissues have shelf warmed; if this is true then I don't blame TakaraTOMY for being hesitant in reissuing Fort Max)

Didn't metroplex sell well while omega sat back?

I think the metroplex types (scorponok, trypticon), would sell well. One would think that fort max would pre-order out within 10 seconds.

griffin
9th June 2010, 11:43 AM
Metroplex sold well enough for TT to do a second run earlier this year...

fatbot
9th June 2010, 11:46 AM
Metroplex sold well enough for TT to do a second run earlier this year...

If Metroplex sold that well, why hasn't e-hobby or TakaraTomy released Metrotitan?

GoktimusPrime
9th June 2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah... they totally should've done Metrotitan as an e-Hobby limited exclusive. Even if they've lost the mould for Metrobomb (Skystalker Micromaster) - it'd still be cool enough without it.

griffin
10th June 2010, 12:20 AM
Maybe TT is thinking that fans wouldn't want a Metroplex redeco if it wasn't 'complete' with all items Metrotitan came with? I have too much of a completist mentatlity, so would feel it is incomplete without Metrobomb (which is a different deco to Skystalker). I'd still get it though, as a significant redeco of Metroplex.