PDA

View Full Version : 'Generations' Minicons

griffin
9th June 2010, 12:44 PM
Hasbro did claim that the Generations line would be deluxe-only size, so even though these Minicons use the Generations Packaging style, they don't say 'Generations' on them.

It's obvious that Store Exclusives will have packaging to match a current line, and Generations looks to be the 'all else products' packaging, as some Minicons have now been found in Generations style packaging.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-transformers-minicon-figures/18829/

We have an 8 pack (Buckshot, Ironside, Barrel Roll, Iron Claw, Diveplane, Airlift, Heavy-Liftor, and Reachout) in European packaging,
and 4 single packs (Break Neck, Drivetrain, Pan-handler, Swashplate)

Moulds used are from Cybertron and Classics.

MV75
9th June 2010, 01:24 PM
Mmmmmmmm Robots in disguise it says.

Pan-handler, love it. :D Hilarious.

And the other ridiculous:

Swashplate (really? what?)
Reachout (reach out and grope somebody)
Dive plane (what?)

I like what the back says too:

"Minicon Robots are living power batteries for larger robots"

So minicons are AA cells now?

Lint
9th June 2010, 02:55 PM
These golden names are the result of Hasbro being 'original' :p

Also some great mistransforms, especially on Swashplate.

5FDP
9th June 2010, 03:07 PM
Also some great mistransforms, especially on Swashplate.

They have been doing that since day one (http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/mistransformed/officially_mistransformed.php) :p

I'm surprised Gok hasn't emailed them yet :D Or maybe he has and they're just doing it on purpose now.

liegeprime
9th June 2010, 04:14 PM
hahahahah Swashplate looks so dorky in copter mode!:D:D wonder how much this'll cost..... gotta catch em all!

Bartrim
9th June 2010, 05:32 PM
love Pan-Handler

Ode to a Grasshopper
9th June 2010, 05:48 PM
Kinda want Heavy-Liftor, pass on the rest. Wish I'd gotten last year's 10-pack on sale from Big W last time I was in Melbourne though.

MV75
9th June 2010, 05:50 PM
hahahahah Swashplate looks so dorky in copter mode!:D:D wonder how much this'll cost..... gotta catch em all!

Don't diss cybertron jolt.

Gotta love how their photo enhancements have totally messed up the transparency for the robot head. :D

SuspectimusPrime
15th June 2010, 02:21 AM
Buckshot and Diveplane :p

Sounds like Hasbro is outsourcing the naming of Transformers straight to the Chinese bootleggers..

However, the most ironic part is that 15 years down the track, these non-existent character-bio minicons will re-engineered into something totally awesome in Deluxe-Voyager classes.. because some kid that loved Transformers but was only ever given one for Christmas, worked hard, and rose through the ranks of Hasbro. "Buckshot" will be the most hyper-inflated hot item on eBay.