PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER! The villian for TF3 is....

FFN
11th June 2010, 09:14 AM
Click to see and rejoice. (http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2010-06-11-Transformers11_ST_N.htm?csp=usat.me)

Bay also claims the humour will be toned down and the twins are gone.

fatbot
11th June 2010, 09:24 AM
Click to see and rejoice. (http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2010-06-11-Transformers11_ST_N.htm?csp=usat.me)

Bay also claims the humour will be toned down and the twins are gone.

Fantastic! It's about time, and just maybe some others will arrive to help fight him.

The only problem i have is the bayverse version will be fugly.

5FDP
11th June 2010, 09:32 AM
This all sounds really promising but what Bay says, and what Bay does, are two separate things.

Pumped for the new villain though. I wonder if this could signal the release of an encore toy. I can dream can't I
:)

Bartrim
11th June 2010, 09:51 AM
This all sounds really promising but what Bay says, and what Bay does, are two separate things.

Exactly. Plus there has already been footage of the twins with new paint jobs shown.

SilverDragon
11th June 2010, 10:14 AM
Exactly. Plus there has already been footage of the twins with new paint jobs shown.

Maybe they get killed horribly or something at the start.

Bartrim
11th June 2010, 10:20 AM
Maybe they get killed horribly or something at the start.

Maybe they hit robo-puberty and grow up:p

G1Optimal
11th June 2010, 10:22 AM
Although i could be wrong but,I interpreted

So the twins, the two bumbling, slang-spewing robots? "They're basically gone

as Maybe the twins are gone but, in the sense they they are different personality wise ???:confused:

While Optimus Prime, Megatron and even Sam all have died and been resurrected, di Bonaventura says this film will have no do-overs: Die, and that's it.

Bay hints that there may be a lot of that. "As a trilogy, it really ends," he says. "It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending."

though this kind of Worries me and also sad to hear at the same time :(

VERT
11th June 2010, 10:42 AM
I love that they said its the last movie the trilogy thing. Not that long ago they were saying they wanted it to go on for as long as it makes a load of cash.

Still I would be happy with a new director I dont think it would matter much for a 4th movie.

But still I would love TF to go back to be good old days. Toys and comics and toons.

i_amtrunks
11th June 2010, 11:19 AM
"Basically gone" is what is said about the twins... so horrible painful death? That would be nice.

Villain has potential, especially if they make him like his Marvel G1 self.

But as with anything Bay says, I'll believe it when I see it.

1orion2many
11th June 2010, 11:28 AM
:eek:OMG I might actually be getting excited about this film with Shockwave coming in:o

Ode to a Grasshopper
11th June 2010, 11:56 AM
I hope they replace the Twins with a movieverse Drift.:D

5FDP
11th June 2010, 12:31 PM
If Shockwave is as good as the design that Mit Gas (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/255826-shockwave.html) drew over on the TFW forums, or even AcidWing's (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/253915-logic-only-master-i-serve-shockwave.html) sketch, I would be very pleased indeed.

Robzy
11th June 2010, 01:29 PM
Bay also claims the humour will be toned down and the twins are gone.Sure!

But as with anything Bay says, I'll believe it when I see it.
You're both right - Bay is "Mr BS" personified! We all remember how he said Megatron would NOT be in ROFT! :rolleyes:

I believe nothing that he says... even if it's purely accidental, Bay always manages to break promises!

If Shockwave is as good as the design that Mit Gas (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/255826-shockwave.html) drew over on the TFW forums, or even AcidWing's (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/253915-logic-only-master-i-serve-shockwave.html) sketch, I would be very pleased indeed.
I don't think Bay (or the rest of his "Co") really care anymore what fans think at this stage. They believe they've been successful enough to do whatever they want.

I imagine Bay will likely use the same excuse for Shockwave that he did for giving Optimus Prime lips... how can a robot "emote" with only one eye?! :rolleyes:

KaRNiV8L PRiME
11th June 2010, 01:53 PM
This is scarey good

http://h.imagehost.org/0969/SW_body.jpg

griffin
11th June 2010, 01:59 PM
Some interesting bits from the article:

It will be in 3D (but probably won't be filmed in 3D).

a more coherent story, less goofball humor and a pledge that characters who die will stay dead. It will also be in 3-D.

Director and Producer comment on the causes of the second movie's problems.

"I'll take some of the criticism," says Bay, standing at a set built to resemble a dilapidated nuclear reactor. "It was very hard to put (the sequel) together that quickly after the writers' strike (of 2007-08)."
Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura says the rush strained the plot: "We tried to do too many things in the second movie, which didn't give enough time in any one of them. We were constantly jumping to the next piece of information, the next place."

The new villian will be Shockwave.

The new movie's foe is certain to make fans of the original '80s incarnation smile: Shockwave,

Less stupid stuff by removing the Twins early. But Agent Simmons will remain.

"One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy," Bay adds. So the twins, the two bumbling, slang-spewing robots? "They're basically gone," he says, though John Turturro returns for comic relief.

And the character of Sam...

The new film features Sam Witwicky (LaBeouf) taking his first tenuous steps into adulthood while remaining a reluctant human ally of Optimus Prime. "Shia has this great line: 'You know, I've saved the world twice, but I can't get a job,' " di Bonaventura says.
Megan Fox, who played Mikaela, was dropped just before shooting, so LaBeouf's character also has a new love interest, played by Victoria's Secret model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

TF3 will wrap up a story arc, so if there is a fourth, it may well have nothing to do with the first three, and could even have a new director.

Bay hints that there may be a lot of that. "As a trilogy, it really ends," he says. "It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending."

And be prepared for 'final' deaths - no more resurrections.

While Optimus Prime, Megatron and even Sam all have died and been resurrected, di Bonaventura says this film will have no do-overs: Die, and that's it.

Tommy K
11th June 2010, 02:13 PM
isaw that this will end the trilogy, hmm, thats kind of sad, just because its ending at no 3 which may be a good thing, i just thought they would do a star wars 6 episodes things lol

5FDP
11th June 2010, 02:45 PM
isaw that this will end the trilogy, hmm, thats kind of sad, just because its ending at no 3 which may be a good thing, i just thought they would do a star wars 6 episodes things lol

They'll probably do a prequel in 20 years time when the acting talent has improved ;)

Gutsman Heavy
11th June 2010, 03:08 PM
Shockwave will have 7 eyes, two mouths and four arms, all with hands.

griffin
11th June 2010, 03:42 PM
Looking through 'Bay eyes', I can imagine some pretty cool special affects of Shockwave generating some power/sonic shocks against his foes. Maybe a powerful fist punch on the ground like Lugnut in Animated, creating a massive shockblast or explosion around him.

Bartrim
11th June 2010, 03:57 PM
Looking through 'Bay eyes', I can imagine some pretty cool special affects of Shockwave generating some power/sonic shocks against his foes. Maybe a powerful fist punch on the ground like Lugnut in Animated, creating a massive shockblast or explosion around him.

Didn't Ironhide do something like that with his cannon to blow out the tyres of the S7 vehicles in the first movie?

griffin
11th June 2010, 04:25 PM
That was one I was thinking of, but more intense, with like a circular (shock)wave of earth and dust rippling out in all directions.

G1Optimal
11th June 2010, 06:35 PM
I have just realized that if is Shockwave...

how dose it tie into that Mudflap and Skids scene from ROTF ( where he is on the Newspaper ) ???:confused:

Vector Sigma 13
11th June 2010, 07:42 PM
Im pretty excited about this news but i wont hold my breath!

Tommy K
11th June 2010, 08:44 PM
now whom do we think will voice over the purple cyclops guy (as many tfm fans gfs will call him)

my theories

john cleese
william shatner
jack nicholson

or

oprah lol

"ive got a MESSAGE for you MEGAAAATROOONNNNNN"

foor
11th June 2010, 08:59 PM
I was expecting Unicron....

Oh well, shockwave is a good 2nd choice...

1AZRAEL1
13th June 2010, 02:46 PM
We all remember how he said Megatron would NOT be in ROFT! :rolleyes:

Don't forget, he said there was a 99% chance he would not be in it. He didn't say he was not going to be in it, just that there was a likely chance he wouldn't.

And also, he say the twins "They're basically gone" which doesn't mean to say they won't be in it.

langzixinxin
15th June 2010, 04:23 PM
I will donate my kidney if all the following come true:

1, Shockwave transformers into a hugh cybertronian gun, not a car, not a tank, not a jet.
2, Shockwave killed D those twins at one single blast.
3, Shockwave killed the whole US army at one single blast.
4, Shockwave blow the earth at one single blast.
5, Shockwave's face is still lovely one-flashing-button.
6, Shockwave talks more in the movie than Sam.
7, Shockwave has leader class toy release, not voyager!

:D:o:rolleyes:;)

foor
17th June 2010, 07:23 PM
Plus, Shockwave NEEDS to transform into a cannon/gun. Please no tanks/planes/ufos...

orionpax1
20th June 2010, 09:37 AM
I will give it five years and hasbro (who will realise how much more money they could of made if the movies were actually great and that the second one nearly ruined the transformers francise) will get the the movies rebooted, but actually follow the transformers lore and have the first three that have already been made part of a different universe (not much to explain to everyone why they are remaking the movies) and no Bay.