PDA

View Full Version : Retrospective Milestone TFs

Borgeman
24th March 2008, 06:29 PM
now i know some people dont care, but i came upon this point just now. i have 259 toys as of this morning I traded my robovision prime for a takara classics megs today. prime was toy #139 in my collection.

now prior to the trade, G1 skyhopper was #250 for me, with topspin #251. after the trade, #139 is offloaded, and megatron becomes the new #259, and every other toy goes up in the list by one, meaning skyhopper is now #249 and topspin is the new #250.

should shyhopper retain its mantle as the 250th transformer i obtained? or is it too complex to try and sustain a count where both "at that present time" milestones hold on to that mantle, while losing it in current databasing? or have i just confused you all?

George

dirge
24th March 2008, 07:07 PM
At the time you obtained Skyhopper, you had 250. So for me, I'd still count him as the milestone.

jaydisc
24th March 2008, 08:16 PM
This is an interesting question I've considered while dabbling in my own software tracking adventures. I've regularly considered keeping sold/trade/returned TFs in the list so that I could identify the order of acquisition of every TF, but by the time I considered this, I had already lost track of a few early returns and it was just too hard.

I agree with Dirge. Just enjoy each milestone as it happens.

Pulse
24th March 2008, 08:48 PM
The most appropriate face icon I can think of that belongs here would be :confused:

I believe you're looking way too much into this. I wouldn't have the slightest idea what TF I got for No. 100/200 & nor does it concern me.

Wow, you actually keep track of what TF became number 178, 179, 180 etc?

I keep a word document of what TFs I own & my current total but that's it.

GoktimusPrime
24th March 2008, 08:53 PM
I also generally don't keep track of what TF became what number in my collection - the only exception to this was Energon Scorponok which was intentionally my 666th Transformer. I'll also be noting whatever my 1337th Transformer will be, but that's a fair while off. ;)

griffin
24th March 2008, 11:32 PM
I agree that a milestone figure should be the actual figure obtained at that number, but that could be difficult to do if you constantly replace figures (or in George's case, part with figures). For example, for me, I count as my 1000th figure Pathfinder of the 2004 Ehobby Mini-vehicle recolours, because that was the one I acquired to pass that number in the collection. However, it was not my 1000th acquisition, because even by that year, I had bought replacements to at least a dozen older figures, and traded/given away probably about 100 figures (mostly micromasters, which I ended up regretting and collecting again).
So even if I traded away or parted with my my 1000th figure, it would always remain as that milestone figure. And I wouldn't be able to work out what my 1000th actual acquisition was anyway (I didn't keep a record of what was no longer in my collection when I re-wrote my list somewhere in 2003). I don't think you should change your past milestone figure numbers, especially if you have kept a list to show that it was the 250th Transformers toy you acquired. Otherwise, every milestone changes, which will be more annoying as your collection grows.
The other thing that might throw out a count is if you change your counting method at any time (it happens when you have a large collection or collecting for a long time, because you end up re-evaluating your collection focus, order and how you count it from time to time).

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2008, 09:15 AM
Yeah that's true. I got Energon Scorponok as my 666th in 2004, which is long before the UCM was ever created (it was under the Substitutional Rationale counting method) - so under the UCM I have no idea what my 666th TF would've been, but it wouldn't have been EN Scorponok.

iceburn
25th March 2008, 09:23 AM
i dont even issue my TFs a number. just counting them for collection purposes. however, as lazy as i'm at the moment (partially due to my desktop having its disagreement to function after i return from my trip), i've physically lost count of what i have...

for this George, i reckon it's really up to you.
i guess if you replace or trade an item with someone...that new item should hold or fill-up the gap's number.
however, if you do orangise your database by date of purchase, then its definitely a YES that all figures be pushed down due to the number of sold TFs and your old figures be reassigned.

1orion2many
25th March 2008, 09:32 AM
:confused:In all honesty I wouldn't have a clue of how many TF's I have, I don't take any notice of milestone numbers, I'm just happy enough to occassionally get an item I have been chasing for a long time. :)

roller
25th March 2008, 11:31 AM
did someone say obsessive compulsive?

GoktimusPrime
21st May 2013, 09:13 PM
I just hit the #1700 mark with TF Go! Shockwave. :o "Only" 300 to go till I hit the 2000 mark, which may take mebbe 2-3 years to reach? <shrugs> I'm not exactly rushing myself to get to that mark -- it'll happen when it happens. :)

BigTransformerTrev
22nd May 2013, 08:39 AM
I vaguely remember some of my milestones:

*I had exactly one gross (144) of G1 Transformers as a kid/teenager, before I started collecting again in my early 20's

*My 500th was Masterpiece Starscream from my wife for christmas

*My 800th was Robot Heroes ROTF Ravage

*My 900th was Masterpiece Grimlock

*My 1000th was G1 Gnaw

*My 1200th was Generations FOC Grimlock

Besides that I can't remember. Just too many! And the only reason I know how many I have is I try and keep them cataloged for insurance purposes.

Sinnertwin
22nd May 2013, 08:53 AM
It was a lot easier in the early days, but now i CBF keeping count. Maybe one day :)

GoktimusPrime
22nd May 2013, 11:08 AM
Early in the day I kept track of my collection with a Commodore 64! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxQZ8w3P3I) :D
I just noticed that back in post #5 (March 24, 2008) I was wondering what my 1337th Transformer would be I hit that mark some time in 2010, and thanks to someone giving me a bunch of free Transformers, it ended up being G1 Fastlane! I was really hoping it'd be Reveal the Shield Perceptor, but alas that toy didn't come out in time for that. :o

Paulbot
22nd May 2013, 11:26 AM
Wow, this is an old thread. Haven't seen Borgeman in a long time.

The only retrospective milestone I know is that my 200th figure was (video pack) Airazor. Since then I've completely lost count.

And what do I do with a VHS copy of Aftermath and Coming of the Fuzors Part 1 these days?

5FDP
22nd May 2013, 11:45 AM
I track mine in Excel but haven't set it up in a way that I know the order of when I bought them or how much I paid for them at the time. In hindsight, I probably should have. Oh well...

griffin
22nd May 2013, 12:29 PM
I kept track of my milestones, but not intentionally at first... which is why most of them kinda suck as milestone toys.

Shirokaze
22nd May 2013, 01:34 PM
Holy thread revival! Luckily this topic never ceases to be relevant :)

I honestly have no idea how many milestones I've passed; not even an approximation sadly :( Over the last 4 years I've moved house 5 times so most of the collection stays boxed. Really need to stop renting and buy a house :o

GoktimusPrime
22nd May 2013, 02:58 PM
I track mine in Excel but haven't set it up in a way that I know the order of when I bought them or how much I paid for them at the time. In hindsight, I probably should have. Oh well...
The introduction of set price points/size classes in Beast Wars helps me keep track of approximately how much I paid for toys purchased since 1996, but I don't remember how much I paid for most toys before then. :o

IIRC G1 Minibots were $2, I remember Constructicons being $9, and 1987 standard Headmasters were about $20-30?

BigTransformerTrev
5th May 2014, 08:41 AM
I vaguely remember some of my milestones:

*I had exactly one gross (144) of G1 Transformers as a kid/teenager, before I started collecting again in my early 20's

*My 500th was Masterpiece Starscream from my wife for christmas

*My 800th was Robot Heroes ROTF Ravage

*My 900th was Masterpiece Grimlock

*My 1000th was G1 Gnaw

*My 1200th was Generations FOC Grimlock

Besides that I can't remember. Just too many! And the only reason I know how many I have is I try and keep them cataloged for insurance purposes.

Well, with the delivery of Wave 3 of the Kreo Microchangers I've broken the 1400 mark! :D (Bear in mind I go by the BATCM, not the UCM). Technically with the arrival of these 12 I think it makes it 1403 :)

So the question is, do I A: just open them at random without checking the codes to see which one becomes my 1400th? Or do I B: save Sharkticon and open him at the 1400 mark so it sorta recreates getting G1 Gnaw as my 1000th?

(I kinda wished my ebay purchases had shown up in a different order so G1 Pretender Grimlock could have been my 1400th but he showed up 2 weeks ago :p)

Sinnertwin
5th May 2014, 08:52 AM
That whole wave has come cool characters, Trev. Me, i'd go A, Sharkticon's already had his time in the BAT spotlight :p ;)

It was a lot easier in the early days, but now i CBF keeping count. Maybe one day :)
Some things never change :rolleyes:
Maybe next year...

BigTransformerTrev
9th May 2014, 01:17 PM
That whole wave has come cool characters, Trev. Me, i'd go A, Sharkticon's already had his time in the BAT spotlight :p ;)

Went with your reccomendation - No #1400 turned out to be Guzzle :D

MayzaPrime
9th May 2014, 10:35 PM
Leader Grimlock is my 1699th Figure

theshape
9th May 2014, 11:40 PM
For me it's blue Bacchus. Last figure i needed to complete victory.

BigTransformerTrev
12th September 2014, 07:46 PM
Holy crap! Wasnt till I check this thread that I realized I've done the last hundred in like 4 months! No wonder the missus wants me to slow down - thats what I usually get in a year! :eek: Suppose there has been a movie, a lot of very small figures and my bi-annual big shipment from BBTS but still :o

Anyway, after 30 years finally broke the 1500 figures mark!!! :D

No 1500:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/P1020261_zps24beaadd.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/P1020261_zps24beaadd.jpg.html)

MayzaPrime
12th September 2014, 07:50 PM
Holy crap! Wasnt till I check this thread that I realized I've done the last hundred in like 4 months! No wonder the missus wants me to slow down - thats what I usually get in a year! :eek: Suppose there has been a movie, a lot of very small figures and my bi-annual big shipment from BBTS but still :o

Anyway, after 30 years finally broke the 1500 figures mark!!! :D

No 1500:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/P1020261_zps24beaadd.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/P1020261_zps24beaadd.jpg.html)

Congrats Trev!!!!

It is a great feeling :D and a great figure as well :D:D

BigTransformerTrev
30th December 2014, 03:20 PM
Holy Sh*t! I didn't realize that I had gotten my last 100 in only 4 months AGAIN :o I suppose 6 months worth of BBTS POL just showed up but still. And I'm still expecting my Combiner Wars toys in the mail :eek: Definitely time to slow down a bit :o

Anyway, these 3 showed up from HLJ today and I couldn't decide which should be my 1600th. Think I'll say its MP Magnus, though all 3 seem worthy of the distinction :)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/P1020762_zps71b19231.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/P1020762_zps71b19231.jpg.html)

GoktimusPrime
30th December 2014, 09:47 PM
I had two kilometrestones this year:
1/ Horri-Bull, completing my G1 Headmasters collection (and also making my "personal G1" collection complete)
2/ Pyro/Spark, completing my 1993 G1 collection. :)

Collection-count wise, I've passed the 1850 figure mark with Angry Birds Ultra Magnus being #1850. :o

GoktimusPrime
8th June 2015, 11:46 PM
Now that I have Combiner Wars Huffer, I have finally completed all of the first year Transformers (http://botchthecrab.com/gallery/catalog_1984_b.jpg) as Classicsverse toys. :) It's only taken 9 years. :eek: :o

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/comparisons/Classicsverse/compar_huffer_zps77smscq5.jpg

UltimateGalvatron
9th June 2015, 07:08 AM
Congrats Goki!

Handsprime
9th June 2015, 03:17 PM
The purchase of The Autobot Brothers means I am currently at a tie with how many Robots In Disguise Toys (Both 2001 and 2015) I have, which is 7

BigTransformerTrev
15th June 2015, 03:22 PM
Cyber-Stompin AoE Grimlock is my 1666th figure :)

UltimateGalvatron
15th June 2015, 05:26 PM
Trev look, it's Unicron! :p

UltimateGalvatron
19th June 2015, 06:20 PM
I got my first Masterpiece Transformers for my birthday today!
MP 04 Hasbro Prowl
It is awesome and I definately want more! I have him with his back cannons facing up ward and extended in an IDW fashion.

Handsprime
25th June 2015, 06:37 PM
Devastator is officially the 100th Transformer I have acquired this year, which makes him my 450th overall (my current total is 463, including micromasters)

Handsprime
24th July 2015, 12:19 PM
My 500th Transformer in my collection (excluding lost toys) goes to:

Robots In Disguise Megatron!

BigTransformerTrev
19th October 2015, 07:40 AM
Haven't done a catalog/count in ages and discovered I'm way over 1700 now - never even realised :o:eek:

So I'm making the call that Tak/Tom Menasor is my 1700th :)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/P1040533_zpswvkauukg.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/P1040533_zpswvkauukg.jpg.html)

BigTransformerTrev
28th April 2016, 05:24 PM
Well I guess this is retrospective as in I just updated my TF collection list today. I got Titanium Ultra Magnus in the mail today and when I put all my recent ones in it turns out he was my 1801'st :p

So I guess that makes the MP Shockwave I got yesterday as my retrospective 1800th :D

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/DSCF5354_zpsiv0ebntz.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/DSCF5354_zpsiv0ebntz.jpg.html)

BigTransformerTrev
19th October 2016, 11:47 AM
Once again, I haven't done my cataloging for a few months, so was surprised when I did it today that I have reached exactly 1900! :D

So considering the last bunch of TF's I got, which was about 5 weeks ago now, that makes one of these guys my 1900th TF - maybe since it's his first toy I should say it's Scrounge :)

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/sare111/DSCF5787_zps4b6w8seu.jpg (http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/sare111/media/DSCF5787_zps4b6w8seu.jpg.html)

GoktimusPrime
19th October 2016, 04:14 PM
I'm still pinching myself after hitting the 2000 Transformers collecting kilometrestone on Monday. :o I hit the 1000 mark back in 2007, meaning that it took me 23 years to collect a thousand Transformers. Yet I've managed to double that number in the past 9 years. :eek: Various factors... I obviously wasn't an adult with disposable incoming during my first 23 years of collecting, and there were several of those years when my collecting slowed down (especially the G2 years), but I think also because in recent years we've had multiple lines of Transformers running at the same time. e.g. when I was collecting G1, it was just G1, when I was collecting Beast Wars, it was just Beast Wars (and the very limited MW)... but these days I'm simultaneously collecting Classicsverse, Masterpiece, Robots In Disguise etc., and during the movie years also Bayformers. So there's also been a lot more to collect as well.