PDA

View Full Version : Written TF Language

Towers_Spy
14th June 2010, 04:27 PM
Not sure if this should be here or in the creative section, but I figured its a question :p

Hokay, so. I've designed this tattoo using an alphabet conversion that someone posted up on here at some point, and just wanted to know a) if anyone could read it, or b) if you can, have I gotten the translation right? I basically just substituted the english letters with the Autobot symbols to spell 'light our darkest hour', but was unsure if the order was correct, eg. like in Japanese the verbs and such are in different places after literal translation. I don't want to stuff it up for obvious reasons :p so yeah, any help will be appreciated.

http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae236/Towers_Spy/Randoms/TFTattoo.jpg

NB: I don't want comments saying I'm an idiot for wanting to 'deface' my skin, so please don't :)

Cheers!

GoktimusPrime
14th June 2010, 07:20 PM
That's Autobotese, and it says "Light Our Darkest Hour"!! :D

Primus bless you. :)

swoop
14th June 2010, 10:35 PM
I really like that I might have to pinch it;)

Bartrim
15th June 2010, 10:35 AM
That looks heaps wicked.

Sky Shadow
15th June 2010, 10:38 AM
Is there a reason why the Autobot symbol is a stencil rather than a normal one?

Deceptic_Optic
15th June 2010, 11:02 AM
your an idiot why do you want to deface your skin!!!:eek:...lol jokes peace :D...i like that alot very cool :cool:

Bartrim
15th June 2010, 11:38 AM
As an appreciator of good tatoo work (I would never get one as I can't really afford the other costs that would come with me getting a tatoo... like divorce, child support etc:p) may I ask where do you plan on getting the tat?

Towers_Spy
15th June 2010, 03:50 PM
Wow thanks for all the nice commenst guys :D I was quite proud of my work and am glad others think its cool!

Haha Swoop, so long as you don't live in Victoria you can pinch it :p

Sky Shadow, I found the stencil insignia whilst randomly searching the net, and I thought it worked better with the thick black of the text

Optics - you had me worried for a minute! I was like what? Grr.. oh haha :o *laughs awkwardly at self*

Bartrim, I'm planning on getting it on my left arm, on the inside of by bicep. Nice and subtle, but I cant decide which way to put it, like (sorry for the extremely quick MS paint job :rolleyes:):

http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae236/Towers_Spy/Randoms/tatt.jpg

Vertical lines like the first, or horizontal lines like the second? And yes I am that buff haha :p Any suggestions?

MV75
15th June 2010, 04:03 PM
View the Tattoo locations chart for an idea on the best location:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l186/mv75/3rpxi.jpg

Bartrim
15th June 2010, 04:15 PM
I think horizontal is the way to go. I have heard that the inside of bicep is quite painful to get tatooed as the skin is sensative as it doesn't get alot of exposure.

I thought inbetween the shoulder blades would look good.

GoktimusPrime
15th June 2010, 07:54 PM
What about having the "Light Our Darkest Hour" text forming a circle surrounding an Autobot insignia? You could also have a circle around the Autobot insignia with the text going along the circle's circumference.

A friend of mine who's a Star Wars fan has a tattoo like that - it's an Imperial star inside a circle, and outside the circle is text written Aurrabesh that says, "For a safe and secure society." ;)