PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy Power Core Combiner Drone packs?

GoktimusPrime
16th June 2010, 08:04 PM
The thing that gets me about the PCC thing is that we can only get drones with the 5-pack commanders. I understand that the drones are compatible with the 2-pack commanders, but I'd really love to see more sets of drones to collect so that my 2-pack commanders can have drones of their own without having to share with the 5-pack commanders' drones. Imagine being able to display all your PCC combiners in gestalt mode at the same time (instead of two at a time - unless you buy multiple 5-packs, but then you'd still have left over multiple 5Pk Commanders).

Another reason is that the standard price for the 5Pks are prohibitively expensive. I've seen the 5 packs on sale around my area for a week now, and I'm still hesitant on buying them cos they're like $40 each!! :eek:

What I'd really like to see is if Hasbro released individual four-packs of different drone teams. Similar to the G1 Micromaster Patrols. You could have different themed teams too.

So assuming that these four packs were released at reasonable prices, would you collect them?

loophole
16th June 2010, 08:10 PM
i dont collect the PCC but i do think that would be a good idea

btw way i like you new sig Gok

liegeprime
16th June 2010, 09:08 PM
Yes, but I wish not just the drones but I wish for new oh mebbe 2-3 packs of the new minicons?

I like the sig as well, we must rally more as Screamers down in the count

Pipesqueak
16th June 2010, 09:09 PM
No, because I hate the drone concept. I would rather see the 5-pack commanders available by themselves for $15.

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th June 2010, 12:02 AM
I'm sticking to the 2-packs and leaving them as non-gestalts but it's a good idea.

Gutsman Heavy
17th June 2010, 02:16 PM
I would if I liked the drones or they went well with one of the 2 pack commanders

SMHFConvoy
17th June 2010, 06:01 PM
I've bought the aerialbots set and put the combaticons on layby. I mean it's all I'm interested in from TF's at the moment. (well maybe the longhaul repaint and some of w3 HFTD figs)

I find them fun yes they're $40 but a deluxe at some places can cost up to $30.

optimus1
17th June 2010, 06:08 PM
A big NO to the Drones from me. I find that the Transformer concept is wasted on drone limbs.

A Power Core expanision pack of minicons would be much better IMHO :)

Regarding movie Devastator on the other hand, there could be some argument that he was either bi-locating or there are 2 sets of Constructicons - 1 non-combining robot set and 1 combining, vehicle only set.

SuspectimusPrime
17th June 2010, 08:15 PM
Wouldn't purchasing the drones on their own (in 4 packs) be awfully close to collecting Hot Wheels or Matchbox toys?

There's also the issue of matching supplies of 4-pack drones with the numbers of scout-commanders: how many should Hasbro produce and toy retailers buy? Not matching that correctly may result in shelves of unsold drones; or worse, everybody getting scout-commanders with the actual drones themselves being insanely hard to find.

Like getting a ROTF NEST Mindwipe, and end up pulling your hair out looking for ROTF NEST Skystalker (insane, $35+ on eBay - for a scout!) to fill those two holes in his back (or their awesome combined robot mode).

KaRNiV8L PRiME
17th June 2010, 08:39 PM
I would buy them if they got rid of the auto morph gimmick and just made Legend size fully articulated limbs for $15-$20/pack

SkyWarp91
17th June 2010, 09:49 PM
The thing that gets me about the PCC thing is that we can only get drones with the 5-pack commanders. I understand that the drones are compatible with the 2-pack commanders, but I'd really love to see more sets of drones to collect so that my 2-pack commanders can have drones of their own without having to share with the 5-pack commanders' drones. Imagine being able to display all your PCC combiners in gestalt mode at the same time (instead of two at a time - unless you buy multiple 5-packs, but then you'd still have left over multiple 5Pk Commanders).

Another reason is that the standard price for the 5Pks are prohibitively expensive. I've seen the 5 packs on sale around my area for a week now, and I'm still hesitant on buying them cos they're like $40 each!! :eek:

What I'd really like to see is if Hasbro released individual four-packs of different drone teams. Similar to the G1 Micromaster Patrols. You could have different themed teams too.

So assuming that these four packs were released at reasonable prices, would you collect them?

Right now I'm unsure. I don't make much money and done my calculations. As of now there's going to be 6 2-Pack PCC toys and 4 5-pack PPC toys.

Let's say I buy the 2-Packs at my local Toyworld which has them on sale for $15 each, so that's $90 down for the 2 packs.

And then there's the 4 5-pack PPC toys, which at my Toyworld has them for $40 tops, so that's $160 down.

So total, that's $250 spent on the PCC series. A series that is so ambiguous I'm unsure of whether it is official Transformers Movie related (I'm a TF Movie collector primarily) although I know that Smolder appeared in the Movie Universe Cyber Missions Webisodes.

As said, I don't make much because I do only do a few hours of work and $250 could be better spent on the other toys from the TF2010 and Generations line.

MV75
17th June 2010, 10:17 PM
A big NO to the Drones from me. I find that the Transformer concept is wasted on drone limbs.

A Power Core expanision pack of minicons would be much better IMHO :)

Nailed it. A pack of drones is nothing like a pack of micromasters. You get the drones, then what? You need another toy to use them, they're useless otherwise.

Minicons much better. :) Drones are just like accessories. It used to work back in the day because you could transform the limbs to bots, and you could use them as arms or legs. Another 20 years forward, 25 years steps back it would seem.

Sharky
18th June 2010, 07:27 AM
im another one for the no, im even struggling to even like the figures... i would rather see a set or two for the minicons.....but les lame. not a big fan of the translucent plastics

dirge
18th June 2010, 10:42 AM
Nah, I see the concept as all too Power Ranger-ish.

Aside from my own feelings, I doubt drone packs would sell well.