PDA

View Full Version : PSN IDs and online time for WFC game

griffin
21st June 2010, 09:14 PM
Planning on playing the new Playstation 3 WFC game online and want to join up with some fellow AUS fans?

Post your IDs and when you're usually playing, or will be planning to be online, and maybe others here can find you.

(I'm a stranger to the online gaming console concept, so if any other details are needed, please post here)

I might move this topic to the games section later after the hype of the game has dropped off.

kaiden
21st June 2010, 09:22 PM
LamDX

Gutsman Heavy
22nd June 2010, 01:46 AM
GutsmanHeavy

Bartrim
22nd June 2010, 07:28 AM
bartrim. I'm not usually on until around 9pm NSW time.

Sleeve
22nd June 2010, 11:11 AM
Sleeve21

I can't honestly say when I'm on, because it all depends on what I've got that week. Sometimes you'll see me on for five hours every night, sometimes you won't see me for a week. For the next week however, I'll pretty much be on every night as I've planned for this for a while.

Jetfire
22nd June 2010, 11:22 AM
JetfireAUS

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd June 2010, 02:25 PM
Tconvoy

times are random.

Not much at the moment due to study commitments.

Hereticpoo
22nd June 2010, 02:54 PM
PS Network: Hereticpoo.
usually 9pm AEST.

Saintly
22nd June 2010, 04:50 PM
PSN: Saintly
9PM AEST

Have not been on since the firmware update (April 2010??)

Scattershot
22nd June 2010, 08:06 PM
Scattershot05

Evenings usually and weekends if I get a chance

kaiden
22nd June 2010, 08:32 PM
im online now. sent tetsuwan an invite but he's ignoring me >_>

and damn i need to buy a wireless headset.

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd June 2010, 11:23 PM
im online now. sent tetsuwan an invite but he's ignoring me >_>

and damn i need to buy a wireless headset.

LOL, sorry, might be my play TV or something.. Not actually playing tonight:p

Out of curiosity, how many folks have the old chatty headset?

I gots one, but have only chatted to G1 Optimal on it. Once....:rolleyes:
Worthwhile investment?

blackoptimus
23rd June 2010, 12:00 AM
WOAH! Everyone is playing Team Death match. Does any one play COD 6?

Bartrim
23rd June 2010, 07:48 AM

Worthwhile investment?

I'm thinking of getting one so we call each other lovely names as we kill each other:p

Are they clear to talk on or do you get static?

Bloody hell everyone already has this game except for me (I have to wait until next Monday:() I'm going to be so toasted online lol

G1Optimal
23rd June 2010, 09:48 AM

Worthwhile investment?

more like a "half" ..:rolleyes:
I didn't have a Headset, to talk back to you Remember.:D

kaiden
23rd June 2010, 09:53 AM

Worthwhile investment?

Oh okay. You were online at the same time as Jetfire (we had a good run as the seekers) so it would have been good to do 3player co-op.

I had a good time playing team deathmatch with dkaris though ^_^

Dkaris
23rd June 2010, 02:25 PM
The mics arent too bad, I'll dig mine out over the next few days. You can set them up in (i think its called remote accessories section) so that there is less back ground noise and static etc.

As Kaiden said, had some fun playing together last night Would love to see more of you guys in there =]

FFN
23rd June 2010, 04:52 PM
I think I need help on the last Decepticon campaign mission :(

Do I need to restart the campaigns again if I want to play it co-op?

Jetfire
23rd June 2010, 05:46 PM
I think I need help on the last Decepticon campaign mission :(

Do I need to restart the campaigns again if I want to play it co-op?

I don't think the coop campaign progress counts towards the solo campaign.

Last night I played a coop game with kaiden, Chapter 2 till the end level. After he left at the end, I should have kept playing.. I quit and started again later and I couldn't continue at the end of the chapter, only the chapter-section I had completed myself that we started at.

Tommy K
23rd June 2010, 06:51 PM
generallegendary

thats right, i have an awesome name, some may even call it, legendary

Dkaris
23rd June 2010, 07:01 PM
are there any jet vehicles inscout class? i couldve sworn i got killed by a small flyer

FFN
23rd June 2010, 09:42 PM

Last night I played a coop game with kaiden, Chapter 2 till the end level. After he left at the end, I should have kept playing.. I quit and started again later and I couldn't continue at the end of the chapter, only the chapter-section I had completed myself that we started at. Ahh.

Anyway, finally beat the jerk boss. Halfway through the Autobot campaign now.

kaiden
23rd June 2010, 10:21 PM

Last night I played a coop game with kaiden, Chapter 2 till the end level. After he left at the end, I should have kept playing.. I quit and started again later and I couldn't continue at the end of the chapter, only the chapter-section I had completed myself that we started at.

i didn't leave... i lost connection to you.

i finished the autobot campaign and now i need to do decepticons. I would really like a 3 player co-op session!

are there any jet vehicles inscout class? i couldve sworn i got killed by a small flyer

arcee should be the only unlockable scout and slipstream the unlockable scientist.

but yeah i could have sworn i got killed by a cloaked jet.

i tried playing scout class and wow they die so easily but my main will definately have to be soldier ;)

Dkaris
24th June 2010, 03:39 AM
arcee should be the only unlockable scout and slipstream the unlockable scientist.

but yeah i could have sworn i got killed by a cloaked jet.

i tried playing scout class and wow they die so easily but my main will definately have to be soldier ;)

i love scout, so small and fast

Jetfire
24th June 2010, 11:14 AM
I've had a couple of goes of "regional" matched multiplayer - DM and TDM and the game has been really laggy - other character movements seems ok, but it jumps around a bit and has a picture of a white network with a red cross through it - not a good sign..

I've only played some coop campaign with kaiden and that was smooth as silk..

Anybody else experiencing bad lag in multiplayer? I play other mp games like BF2:BC and I've never had a problem.

Dkaris
24th June 2010, 01:21 PM
I've had a couple of goes of "regional" matched multiplayer - DM and TDM and the game has been really laggy - other character movements seems ok, but it jumps around a bit and has a picture of a white network with a red cross through it - not a good sign..

I've only played some coop campaign with kaiden and that was smooth as silk..

Anybody else experiencing bad lag in multiplayer? I play other mp games like BF2:BC and I've never had a problem.

I think a lot of it also depend son what time of day you play. I know abut 6-9pm theres a few aussies on and you usually get a lag free game =]

Jetfire
24th June 2010, 01:53 PM
I think a lot of it also depend son what time of day you play. I know abut 6-9pm theres a few aussies on and you usually get a lag free game =]

Yeah thats the time I'm playing in the later bracket. When it says X players online does anyone know if that applies to the regional or worldwide setting?

On Monday it was "50", then Tuesday it was "250" then last night it was "2000". I'll see how many more players have come on board tonight..

SamLoi888
24th June 2010, 02:10 PM
Changing your modem settings to NAT type 2 can help with connecting to games but I haven't worked out how to do it yet.

Bartrim
24th June 2010, 02:10 PM
I finally got it so I'll be playing tonight:D

Dkaris
24th June 2010, 02:43 PM
Whats everyone say to an OTCA team deathmatch night tonight? about 8pm?

Bartrim
24th June 2010, 02:54 PM

I wont be able to get on until sometime around 9 ish. Also it's my first time tonight so I might just play some solo action first to get a feel for things lol.

kaiden
24th June 2010, 03:26 PM

i was up at 3am playing TDM >_>

but yeah i'll probably be on tonight as usual.

Dkaris
24th June 2010, 04:16 PM
i was up at 3am playing TDM >_>

but yeah i'll probably be on tonight as usual.

o man i wish i knew! im usually up until about 5am either on my laptop or on ps3

kaiden
24th June 2010, 04:24 PM
o man i wish i knew! im usually up until about 5am either on my laptop or on ps3

lol i went to bed at 9pm woke up at 3am. decided to do the decepticon campaign to unlock slipstream and then played multiplayer from 6am and took the kid to school at 8.30 >_>

Hereticpoo
24th June 2010, 05:52 PM
I notice that 'regional' gave are often very laggy.
I think the coding for host criteria hasn't been well written.
I play world wide now and haven't had a laggy match yet.
Pakistan has a better broadband network than us....

kaiden
24th June 2010, 07:07 PM
i am playing regional fine with the occasional laggy game.

i think our region might be tied to EU?

had some really fun games with dkaris, jetfire, heretic and tetsuwan tonight in both TDM and DM.

Bartrim
25th June 2010, 07:29 AM
Alright had a go. Got a feel for the controls. Ready to get thumped in multiplayer lol. I'll be on again tonight (after The Tigers play)

kaiden
25th June 2010, 08:52 AM
Alright had a go. Got a feel for the controls. Ready to get thumped in multiplayer lol. I'll be on again tonight (after The Tigers play)

well if were all on - 6 players wil be really fun.

Jetfire
25th June 2010, 10:37 AM
I had a great time last night, first decent mp games I've had (didn't try to match regional this time) and it took a while to get the feel for things.. but I had a blast playing with hereticpoo, tconvoy and kaiden.

btw has everyone taken a look at the credits - feel the G1 cheesy love - apparently the singer is the same guy who sung the Transformers movie theme.

Sleeve
25th June 2010, 10:53 AM
I had a great time last night, first decent mp games I've had (didn't try to match regional this time) and it took a while to get the feel for things.. but I had a blast playing with hereticpoo, tconvoy and kaiden.

btw has everyone taken a look at the credits - feel the G1 cheesy love - apparently the singer is the same guy who sung the Transformers movie theme.

It's Stan Bush. The song is one he released in 2007 around the time of the first live-action film, along with 'The Touch 2007'. It's called 'Til All Are One'.

griffin
25th June 2010, 11:08 AM
It's a re-working of his 1997 BotCon song 'Ground Zero', which I prefer over this new version.

Sleeve
25th June 2010, 12:48 PM
It's a re-working of his 1997 BotCon song 'Ground Zero', which I prefer over this new version.

Interesting, I didn't know that tidbit.

Bartrim
26th June 2010, 08:20 AM
Played a littlebit with Kaiden last night and pretty much got what I expected in the team deathmatch lol:pSorry about the multiplayer too but I was trying to do "controlled crying" with my youngest at the same time so I wasn't really concentrating:o

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th June 2010, 08:53 PM
Probably won't be online until the weekend much. Got my final week of School prac (lat week of term too Yay!) and have to teach all week, all day:eek:

Lucky kids.

Sadly it means I spend my intervening time making sure I have everything planned in advance and any spare time researching lessons...:o

I did have a quick online go with Jetfire and pals the other night. Scouts for the win baby. Had to change after recieving much death as soldier. lol

I didn't get any lag in that match I have to say. Haven't been able to piggy pack on anyones campaign mode either yet. If you start the single player, can people join in, or do you have to specifically have to start a multiplayer campaign?

kaiden
28th June 2010, 09:21 AM
If you start the single player, can people join in, or do you have to specifically have to start a multiplayer campaign?

you have to start a multiplayer campaign. you can set the option to friends only so you wont have to deal with bad players.

i played a bit of co-op campaign with bartrim and it was fun, i was showing off >_>

SamLoi888
28th June 2010, 11:49 AM
Can you rename your bot so that appears in multiplayer game instead of your psn id?

kaiden
28th June 2010, 01:52 PM
Can you rename your bot so that appears in multiplayer game instead of your psn id?

nope. whatever your psn id is, is what your name appears as in game.

SamLoi888
28th June 2010, 02:21 PM
nope. whatever your psn id is, is what your name appears as in game.

Ah...some smart cookies then had the foresight to create their PSN id's with a TF association.

Jaisun
28th June 2010, 05:44 PM
PSN ID: Jaisun
Times are random.

RE: PSN ID being TF related, u can just make a backup profile of a desired name and use that. Although, you'll likely need to complete the campaigns again to unlock Arcee and Slipstream, unless the games saves are transferable between profiles. For example, my completed game save for RotF was able to be transfered to my sons profile so he can use all the TF's, but it just wont save, giving a message that he is not the owner of the save. So if WfC is the same, you should be able to copy the save to your TF-named profile for online use maybe...

Bartrim
28th June 2010, 06:04 PM
i played a bit of co-op campaign with bartrim and it was fun, i was showing off >_>

Yes and thanks for reviving me multiple times:o

kaiden
1st July 2010, 04:50 AM
DOUBLE EXP THIS WEEKEND!

While playing I noticed an announcement for double exp this weekend so if possible could we get to together for various multiplayer matches?

Details are "after 6pm Friday PST" which translates to Saturday for us

WA - 9am
SA - 10.30am
OLD/NSW/VIC 11am

So Saturday night would be ideal to get online

Sleeve
1st July 2010, 02:03 PM
Be sure to update your PS3's firmware well before then. Today is my one day off and I haven't been able to play all day. The latest update is currently sitting at 59% and it's been going for 2.5 hours, with a wired connection on ADSL2. This is bull****. :mad:

Bartrim
1st July 2010, 02:04 PM
Be sure to update your PS3's firmware well before then. Today is my one day off and I haven't been able to play all day. The latest update is currently sitting at 59% and it's been going for 2.5 hours, with a wired connection on ADSL2. This is bull****. :mad:

Yeah I'm going to do mine tonight while i have dinner and get my kids fed and put to sleep.

Sleeve
1st July 2010, 03:54 PM
Finally finished, and then no sooner do I boot up WFC, I needed to do an update for it as well. :rolleyes:

Got my Scout to Lv.7. I was getting my arse handed to me today, and on top of that it would take forever to find a game and when I did it was full of lag to the point I'd keep dropping out.

kaiden
1st July 2010, 06:40 PM
Finally finished, and then no sooner do I boot up WFC, I needed to do an update for it as well. :rolleyes:

Got my Scout to Lv.7. I was getting my arse handed to me today, and on top of that it would take forever to find a game and when I did it was full of lag to the point I'd keep dropping out.

which is why we should play against each other more, from experience i havent had any lag at all in games against various members from this board.

Sleeve
1st July 2010, 09:21 PM
which is why we should play against each other more, from experience i havent had any lag at all in games against various members from this board.

I've actually found less lag in the Worldwide matches I've joined than the Local. It's weird.

k.wong23
2nd July 2010, 09:30 AM
Anyone have problems with the PS3 Wifi? My MP games keep dropping out but I suspect its not game specific as it always dropouts even in the store/surfing net after about 2 minutes..

PS3 Upstairs - Netgear Wifi modem downstairs...Laptop works fine in same area so the signal strength can't be poor!

SamLoi888
2nd July 2010, 09:42 AM
Anyone have problems with the PS3 Wifi? My MP games keep dropping out but I suspect its not game specific as it always dropouts even in the store/surfing net after about 2 minutes..

PS3 Upstairs - Netgear Wifi modem downstairs...Laptop works fine in same area so the signal strength can't be poor!

Check the NAT type on your modem. It needs to be open or TYPE 2.

loophole
2nd July 2010, 01:58 PM
Maniacal_Malcolm i hope to get some more game time in this weekend :D

Mr_K
2nd July 2010, 02:08 PM
MrKnightmare for PS3.

Gotta shoot a wedding this weekend (photography) but hoping to get on ;)

Sleeve
2nd July 2010, 02:19 PM

I gave up on a wireless connection for gaming. When I first bought my PS3 with 'Killzone 2' I was getting constant dropouts, despite my Belkin N1 router being a mere 3m away. Didn't get a single dropout once I started using a wired connection. I do get dropouts in WFC, but that's because of lag and timing out with the host.

Saintly
2nd July 2010, 11:43 PM
I gave up on a wireless connection for gaming. When I first bought my PS3 with 'Killzone 2' I was getting constant dropouts, despite my Belkin N1 router being a mere 3m away. Didn't get a single dropout once I started using a wired connection. I do get dropouts in WFC, but that's because of lag and timing out with the host.

May want to check for magnetic or radio interference

Tetsuwan Convoy
6th July 2010, 07:30 PM
Woot Finished campaign mode.

Gonna start doin a bit more online now on. Still havent had a chance in escalation. If anyone is on ~6.30 am west time, Thats whem I am most likely on, but I did just get Mario Galaxy 2 as well..

kaiden
6th July 2010, 08:29 PM
Woot Finished campaign mode.

Gonna start doin a bit more online now on. Still havent had a chance in escalation. If anyone is on ~6.30 am west time, Thats whem I am most likely on, but I did just get Mario Galaxy 2 as well..

seriously 6:30am? i've played a bit of escalation with heretic, so if you see me online send me an invite and i'll play.

k.wong23
6th July 2010, 11:00 PM
ok i think my PSN id is kwon8 - but i'm not really sure lol how do I check?

Is it my name when playing multiplayer?

kaiden
6th July 2010, 11:05 PM
ok i think my PSN id is kwon8 - but i'm not really sure lol how do I check?

Is it my name when playing multiplayer?

lol yes.

k.wong23
6th July 2010, 11:11 PM
lol yes.

Ok sweet will add you all when I finish my deathmatch games :D

SamLoi888
7th July 2010, 01:16 PM
I've been playing Conquest when on multiplayer mainly. I find it more interesting when there's a little bit more objective than just shoot/smash/kill.

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th July 2010, 11:02 PM
seriously 6:30am? i've played a bit of escalation with heretic, so if you see me online send me an invite and i'll play.

No wukkas. I notice I am often the only one on at that time :rolleyes: Wonder why?

Had a little bish-bash lat night with Guts and kaiden I think (Lamdx). Wanted to try out my Shockwave dude to see what he was like. Note to self, Deathmatch does NOT require heal ray...

Would have liked to chat as well, but discovered I needed to re-sync my mike. I think that happens with every update...

ANyhoo, I managed to die lots, but I did shoot gutsman with my heal ray. I was laughing quite a lot that night:o Does that do any damage(heal ray)? I think the tips in the capmaign mode says it does.

kaiden
7th July 2010, 11:50 PM
No wukkas. I notice I am often the only one on at that time :rolleyes: Wonder why?

Had a little bish-bash lat night with Guts and kaiden I think (Lamdx). Wanted to try out my Shockwave dude to see what he was like. Note to self, Deathmatch does NOT require heal ray...

Would have liked to chat as well, but discovered I needed to re-sync my mike. I think that happens with every update...

ANyhoo, I managed to die lots, but I did shoot gutsman with my heal ray. I was laughing quite a lot that night:o Does that do any damage(heal ray)? I think the tips in the capmaign mode says it does.

yes thats me, and yes it damages enemies and heals allies.

Gutsman Heavy
8th July 2010, 01:00 AM
I was surprised to see your heal ray hurt me, it was weak as so not really worth it.

Sleeve
8th July 2010, 12:47 PM
Finally got online again this morning. Got my Scout up to Lv.10, now playing around with Scientist. I haven't even been bothering with Deathmatch, I've been playing Conquest. I've found it much more fun. Still have yet to try out the other match types though.

tinyJazz
9th July 2010, 11:48 PM
Finished solo campaign finally :p first play on multiplayer this arvo.

I'm TJ-rainbow and online probably after midnight and sometimes afternoons before 6. :/

Tommy K
10th July 2010, 01:00 AM
i saw someone online tonight in that space battle called "griffinator" with a number of some kind

helped me out here and there, i returned the favour

does he ring any bells griffin?

kaiden
10th July 2010, 08:55 AM
i saw someone online tonight in that space battle called "griffinator" with a number of some kind

i was playing against him last night in tdm. he ended up not so pretty at the end of my sword.

Sleeve
11th July 2010, 05:11 PM
WOW. I never realised how much health Soldiers had. Here I am running around with three bars as a Scientist, then I finally give Soldier a go and there's six freaking bars! No wonder everyone plays as that class.

kaiden
11th July 2010, 07:45 PM
WOW. I never realised how much health Soldiers had. Here I am running around with three bars as a Scientist, then I finally give Soldier a go and there's six freaking bars! No wonder everyone plays as that class.

lol yeah cant go wrong with soldier. scientists are too fragile. there are too many times a scientist thinks it can take someone else on close range only to find themselves crushed repeatedly.

if you like soldiers hp, whirlwind is an absolute beast up close.

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th July 2010, 08:07 PM
I was surprised to see your heal ray hurt me, it was weak as so not really worth it.

LOL, I thought it may be pretty weak, but at the time I only had that and a scope gun that shot 3 shots and had a little breather... Hence my much dying in that match. The only time I got to kill anyone was if I picked up a dropped gun from someone else dying first.. lol

kaiden
11th July 2010, 08:10 PM
The only time I got to kill anyone was if I picked up a dropped gun from someone else dying first.. lol

its great for scientists and scouts who are a little weak (but sneakier) to get the stronger weapons from leaders and soldiers.

Sleeve
13th July 2010, 09:37 AM
Got a few hours play in last night, though it took at least an hour to even get in a game. It just kept saying 'Searching for game' for about 10 minutes and wouldn't even go to host one. I couldn't even play Escalation, which I thought I'd give my first go. I did get my Soldier and Leader both up to Lv.10, and had a good run-around with Hereticpoo for a while. Bugger kept nailing me on a kill streak......:p

griffin
13th July 2010, 12:13 PM

Nah, not me. I aint even got the game yet.

griffin
12th August 2010, 12:18 PM
PSN ID - griffinofoz (my global online ID everywhere else)

Usually limited to after midnight access, and wifi loves dropping out, so my commitment to multiplayer games is unreliable. :(

Paulbot
26th November 2010, 07:01 PM
Ventured into the online world of WFC for the first time today. It is fun playing with human beings but I was taken out a bit too easily by higher leveled and more experienced players.

I tried Escalation by myself and that did not go well at all :o

I've started adding people. My username is Paulbot240

KillinSpoon
26th November 2010, 08:32 PM
PSN: KillinSpoon
I'll play whenever, if I'm online, invite me. :3

gekisou
27th November 2010, 09:06 AM
Gekisou... very 'duh' isn't it? :p

I only play the PC version though...

GoktimusPrime
27th November 2010, 07:24 PM
As mentioned on another thread, my player name is GoktimusPrime. Also PC version only.

Played my first multiplayer conquest game today - thanks to gekisou for hosting. And thoroughly kicking nine colours of snot out of me. :p ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/nigahiga_pwned.jpg

P.S.: How can I communicate by text during the game??

gekisou
30th November 2010, 03:38 PM
I'm sorry Gok. You ended up being the first guy I saw with my Null Ray Rifle. :p
You killed me at least twice and your team decimated my team as well.